Introducing New Mods

Prev1
So originally, the AAT raid was supposed to give out 6/7* mods. That obviously didn't happen, but the mechanics are still there (if you check under sell). Now, they might just decide to scrap 6/7* mods, making 5* the max, and I'm cool with that. However, if EA does intend for there to be better mods I propose the following.
Have an upgrade system, like characters, and everything else in this game. Earn mod points/shards from doing whatever, and once you have enough, you can upgrade your mod. It won't erase all the hard work and grinding we've been doing for the past couple months to get good 5* mods.
Also, it opens up a whole new realm of possibilities. No longer will I automatically sell my lower star mods. If I pull a 3* mod, and I like the potential stats, I can now upgrade it to a 4/5/6/7* mod.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Options
    Nice idea. Means it likely doesn't happen, but good thinking, Rex.
  • Options
    I agree! Something Like:

1-2* 10k credits
    2-3* 25k credits
    3-4* 100k credits
    4-5* 250k credits
    5-6* 500k credits
    6-7* 1m credits
  • Options
    genuinely a good Idea !
  • Options
    +1 great idea!
  • Options
    Nice idea, but I think your credit amount is too low. I've not run the maths, but under that scenario it seems like you'd be better off upgrading a 1* mod after levelling than levelling a 5* mod. Like I said, I haven't run the numbers, but that would need to be considered as part of the equation I think.
  • Options
    Can't even get crit damage triangles, speed arrows without buying them now so I can't wait till 7 dot mods appear with counters and taunts :disappointed:
  • Options
    +100 especially when I am still hunting 3 more Halo-Array triangles in 5○ for my first complete top 5
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    Nice idea, but I think your credit amount is too low. I've not run the maths, but under that scenario it seems like you'd be better off upgrading a 1* mod after levelling than levelling a 5* mod. Like I said, I haven't run the numbers, but that would need to be considered as part of the equation I think.

You could just do credits, and you're right, the amount would be too low. That's the reason I threw in the shard idea. Otherwise, you need credits for promoting mods, on top of upgrading mods, on top of toons, etc, then the credit crunch rears it's ugly head again. That's why my original idea implemented "mod shards" to promote up mods, not just credits. Aknf2001's numbers seem reasonable for upgrading your mods once you have the right amount.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    This would be great, however i doubt it would happen.
    Also, 6 and 7 dot mods are absolutely going to be introduced at some point (anyone else notice they show up in the mod filters even though they havent been introduced in game yet?)
  • Options
    Even for crystals it's still a good idea
  • Options
    Droid mod challenges- retribution mods
    Night sister mod challenges- stun mods
    What else?
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    I remember the good old days with 6* mods...
  • Options
    Please no nightsister mod challenge. Absolutely do not want to farm those awful forgettable toons that 1% of swgoh players think are cool, aka swgoh hipsters.
  • Options
    I like the idea of "starring up" mods but even with the shards system I think the amount of credits to level up should reflect in some way the difference between levelling up a lower dot mod and the next dot mod plus maybe some extra for bypassing farming the higher dot mod.

I don't think we will see something like this though, I can well imagine that they will introduce 6 and maybe 7 dot mods in 2 or 3 months and make them farmable through some PVE ship battles maybe (though I guess hardware for ships would make more sense there)
  • Options
    Yeah, naw. Never happen. If/when 6/7° mods come out, you will have to grind for them all over again. Say your prayers to RNGesus so that his countenance may shine upon thee and bless thee with the miracle drop of a 0.00001% probability 7° Speed arrow. Then and only then may you arm your holy warriors with his righteous fury, smiting thine enemies in the name of your speedy savior. It will cost 1.8M to level that bad boy up to 15, though.
  • Options
    Yeah, naw. Never happen. If/when 6/7° mods come out, you will have to grind for them all over again. Say your prayers to RNGesus so that his countenance may shine upon thee and bless thee with the miracle drop of a 0.00001% probability 7° Speed arrow. Then and only then may you arm your holy warriors with his righteous fury, smiting thine enemies in the name of your speedy savior. It will cost 1.8M to level that bad boy up to 15, though.

Or you can just buy one from the mod shop for 10m :P
  • Options
    Please no nightsister mod challenge. Absolutely do not want to farm those awful forgettable toons that 1% of swgoh players think are cool, aka swgoh hipsters.

+1
  • Options
    I think that if this was done it would make things worse. The gear grind is bad enough as it is. It would be setup to make money over player experience and then mods would be bad, imo
  • Options
    Yes please nightsister mod challenge.
  • Options
    I think that if this was done it would make things worse. The gear grind is bad enough as it is. It would be setup to make money over player experience and then mods would be bad, imo

Worse than introducing 6/7* mods and making us grind for months and months all over again?
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Worse than introducing 6/7* mods and making us grind for months and months all over again?

The grind IS the game though. Not saying I want to grind mods from scratch again, but that's what games like this are about.
  • Options
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    Even for crystals it's still a good idea

Not for crystals...that is ridiculous
    The cost to resale.value of mods are terrible. Bad enough that the F2P players don't have a prayer in the game...now you wanna alienate them even more?
  • Options

+1
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    HobaFett wrote: »
    Can't even get crit damage triangles, speed arrows without buying them now so I can't wait till 7 dot mods appear with counters and taunts :disappointed:

Is there truth to this? I've been farming the tier 3 potency challenge for going on a month and a half now, and haven't gotten one yet. It would be a better explanation than my luck being just that bad.
  • Options
    Been farming mods for the last couple days again and i got 1 speed arrow and 2 crit dam triangles, and some goodish green ones w speed secondary
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Been farming mods for the last couple days again and i got 1 speed arrow and 2 crit dam triangles, and some goodish green ones w speed secondary

Thank goodness, I thought I wasted a month and half of cantina refreshes on a wild goose chase.
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    HobaFett wrote: »

Is there truth to this? I've been farming the tier 3 potency challenge for going on a month and a half now, and haven't gotten one yet. It would be a better explanation than my luck being just that bad.

In my experience, triangles barely drop. Arrows are next, and speed arrows might be the rarest mod in the game. Left-side mods definitely drop at a lower rate vs right side mods though. That's a fact.
  • Options
    Jevon wrote: »

+1

Yeah I'm not sure they should add any more categories.
  • Options

6 & 7 dot mods were supposed to to come out at the same time as the AAT. That they didn't probably means that someone did a cost/benefit analysis and came to the conclusion that they would lose too many players to make them profitable. For someone who has spent $10k on five dot mods I suspect that bringing out new mods would result in a ragequit more often than it would result in another $10k for the developers.

If new levels do come out I really think there should be a levelling up mechanism introduced. Maybe in addition to credits you could put in existing five dot mods at the rate of five E quality or one A quality, or some mix that was equivalent in order to level one five dot mod to six.
  • Options

6 & 7 dot mods were supposed to to come out at the same time as the AAT. That they didn't probably means that someone did a cost/benefit analysis and came to the conclusion that they would lose too many players to make them profitable. For someone who has spent $10k on five dot mods I suspect that bringing out new mods would result in a ragequit more often than it would result in another $10k for the developers.

If new levels do come out I really think there should be a levelling up mechanism introduced. Maybe in addition to credits you could put in existing five dot mods at the rate of five E quality or one A quality, or some mix that was equivalent in order to level one five dot mod to six.

I genuinely thought Mods were going to kill the game. I've never seen so many players leave so fast. I'm afraid if they go "hey, all those months of work grinding the perfect 5* mods are now irrelevant", another mass exodus will occur. I feel like this will allow them to progress mods safely.