New Capital Ships

So, right now there are 6 different factions Empire, Rebel Separatist, Resistance, and First Oder but only three Capital Ships Moff (Empire), Akbar (Rebel), and Mace (Resistance). So the question is who will be the characters for the other factions capital ships?

Theory

Separatist- General Grevous
Right now he is a difficult character to 7 star but he is lack luster in the game so far. The difficulty to get him and his usefullness just dont make since. This is why I think he lead the Capital Ship for the Sepratist. Similar to Mace and Moff who were just ok character but now must farms I think Grevous will see similar treatment.

First Order- General Hux
Right now there is not a First Order character that makes since helming a capital ship. Phasma is just a Captin, Kylo has not any skills in this respect, and the rest have are to low rank. A new character is needed and it would need to be Hux or Snoke. I think Hux fits the bill better as a Fleet Commander.

Resistance- General Leia
Similar to General Hux reason we do not have a resistance character that has shown any remote ability to be a Fleet Commander. General Leia seems like the only choice but i can't think of anyone from the Force Awakens that would fit the bill better. Maybe a yet to seen character will rise to the top in one of the next films.

Thoughts???

Replies

• Options
    I would almost guarantee you the next command ship will be Separatist and it will be Nute. Grievous will likely get his own fighter (Soulless One).
  • Options
    We have ...
    *) Rebels with Ackbar (unlocks at 4*, shards in arena shipments)
    *) Empire with Tarkin (unlocks at 4*, shards in arena shipments)
    *) Republic with Mace (unlocks at 4*, shards in arena shipments)
    so, the bet for *) Separatists with Nute (unlocks at 4*, shards also in arena shipments) is pretty good.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    I would almost guarantee you the next command ship will be Separatist and it will be Nute. Grievous will likely get his own fighter (Soulless One).

Why are you ruling out Dooku as the next Fleet Commander for Separatists? Seems like he fits the bill more than Nute does.
  • Options
    I'm fundamentally against any character named "general" being an admiral =P
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Because dooku doesn't have a command ship, but a fighter.
    I'd say kylo might be the command ship, since he is grandson of anakin
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Lol. True.
  • Options
    NovaPrime wrote: »

Why are you ruling out Dooku as the next Fleet Commander for Separatists? Seems like he fits the bill more than Nute does.

The reason I think Grevous is because he can helm The Malevolence a very famous ship in Star Wars Lore. I think Dooku is interesting but I don't remember him ever commanding a fleet. Because he was a sith he always worked in the shadows. Similar to the Emperor lots of skill and talent and a big part of the leadership structure just no Fleet Command experience. Nute would also be an interesting choice I just don't see him as a popular enough character to be the choice. I think people would pay money to have an important character in the game as popular as Grievous. I don't know anyone who talkes about their favorite Character being Nute. But in those regards people will probably not have a maxed out Nute and may pay to speed up the long haul of gearing.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Haha good point......Admiral Grevious, Admrial Leia, and Admiral Hux.....I am sure they are a big deal enough to change their titles haha.
  • Options
    That said--yeah, definitely need more Capital ships and I wish I knew enough non-film canon to be helpful.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    We need Grievous! The bugs need a captain for their team.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Nute wasnt a military leader. He was part of the trade federation
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    latest
    dooku's ship
    latest?cb=20080213022906

asajj ship

latest?cb=20071201014230

nute ship

latest?cb=20090311020627

greivous ship

IG88-600px.gif
    ig88 ship

307e1e25b8b3867983b9cf1f09fe28d8.jpg

41VFR5G1MWL.jpg
    zam wessel

28928741081_ba4d8dd485_z.jpg
  • Options
    Kylo Ren - Finalizer - First Order (Hux would be better but Kylo has never been in a fighter and has been on the bridge in the Force Awakens other than the shuttle. Or have this be a Capital Ship that needs Kylo and the FO Officer)
    Kolaani (Super Tactical Droid) - Separatist (We see a Tactical Droid in the Top Hatch of the AAT Tank Raid) Would make an awesome Droid leader for a droid squad as well.
    Resistance Admiral Ackbar - Resistance (Was there with Leia at the holotable in Force Awakens but this may wait until the next Episode drops)
    Admiral Piett with a Super Star Destroyer would be cool too

If they will start bringing in Characters from Rebels, there are a few more options with Commander Sato for the Rebels and Admiral Constantine or Grand Admiral Thrawn for the Empire. This will also allow more TIE and Rebel ships to fill a roster.
  • Options
    I think there should be a scoundrel leader. Scoundrels tend to have the most unique ships (Boba, Zam, Lando/Han/Chewie, IG-88, Cad Bane, and Nute all have non-generic ships). Unfortunately, Boba can't be the leader, since he is already a pilot, but maybe Jango could serve as the leader from a Kamino ship.
  • Options
    I think there should be a scoundrel leader. Scoundrels tend to have the most unique ships (Boba, Zam, Lando/Han/Chewie, IG-88, Cad Bane, and Nute all have non-generic ships). Unfortunately, Boba can't be the leader, since he is already a pilot, but maybe Jango could serve as the leader from a Kamino ship.

Although it might make for good gameplay, I don't think there is a scoundrel that is a legit fleet commander.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm hoping to see this ship become one of the capital ships, with any pilot, doesn't matter to me.
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/07/Munificent_TCW.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/2000?cb=20090311013715
  • Options
    Kind of wish they included Vaders flagship
  • Options
    Palpatine gets the Super Star Destroyer?
  • Options
    Darth Nihilus and Ravager, it would finally make sense to have a single pilot in an entire capital ship (force slaves don't count).
    Also, Trade federation capital ship is a must, probably with Nute. And I wonder, will we get pilot-less droid starfighters?
    Malevolence would be cool, but it would mean Grievous not getting his fighter.
  • Options
    Nute Gunray should have his capital ship
    General Grevious should have his fighter "Soulless one"
    Darth Nihilus would be great on the Ravager
    Admiral Piett on Executor
    Asajj Ventress should get her star fighter
    Anakin Skywalker should get the Twilight
    Zam Wessell should also get her fighter
    Grand Admiral Thrawn on the Chimeara
    Emperor Palpatine should get the Death Star

But i would like to see some of the mid size ships make an entrance such as Tantive IV or the hammerheads from KOTOR and Rogue 1. They are probably too big to be classed as fighters and too small to be capital ships. Only hope they find some way to get them in there.

• Options
    Although it might make for good gameplay, I don't think there is a scoundrel that is a legit fleet commander.

And what about Hondo? He is a pirate, but pirates fit for scoundrel role too.
  • Options
    I would like to see Hondo as a character. maybe they will release him and a ship together in a couple of months. That would be fun, once the ghost crew and ships issues are sorted out
  • Options
    Seeing how things been going lately we'll probably get three orfour rebel capital ships before anything else.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Nute's capital ship is already in the game, just not activated yet-- it's been datamined.

Resistance and FO capital ships will be introduced with Ep. VIII-- once we finally see a resistance capital ship.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options
    What about Admiral Piett and the Executor? I know it was Vader's flag ship, but it was commanded by Piett during the battle of Endor. Would be an awesome having that as an Empire SSD, and the Malevolence as a Separatist Super, and maybe for their regular Nute and a Droid Control ship?
  • Options
    Or commander Cody Capital Ship for the galactic republic?
  • Options
    A "pirate fleet" played a significant role in a number of the books, including IIRC in the Thrawn trilogy by Zahn and the Mara Jade stories.

This doesn't mean that they have something that amounts to a Capital ship ...

... BUT we don't really need one, do we? All we need is something that has attacks and specials and that can't be damaged.

So get a Pirate Fleet commander who operates from a cluster of smaller ships and fighters. The pirates get their invulnerability from their numbers and the disposability/ replaceability of their small ships. With fast small ships, they can remain at a safe distance, then send in a very fast raiding party to aid a particular squadron when called (i.e. when the Pirate Fleet turn meter bar is full).

Fire and Forget (Basic): The pirate fleet launches a salvo of missiles to aid their comrades while remaining at a safe distance. Targets of this attack have a +10% chance to evade. This attack does physical damage with large damage variance. If this attack fails to do damage to the target, remove 100% Turn Meter.

Raiding Party (Special): A small batch of fighters streaks in from hyperspace with escape vectors pre-plotted. The close jump confuses sensors and gains surprise, during which the pirates fire at random targets before hyper-jumping away again. Dispel Target Lock from all allies then do special damage to random targets 4 times. This attack cannot be evaded.

Jammer Pulse (Special): Dispel all buffs on enemies, with a 35% chance to Target Lock each enemy. Any enemy that had no buffs dispelled loses 100% turn meter and gains OffenseDOWN for 2 turns.

Juryrigged Systems, AKA "It's not my fault. It's not my fault!" (Unique): Pirates are adept at finding unconventional uses for otherwise common equipment. These frequently have the effect of increasing power and potency beyond what is normal for most ships, though they are sometimes subject to failure. All allied ships gain +50% potency and +30% offense, but immediately before each ally's turn (except for Pirate Fleet Command itself), there is a 10% chance to lose 20% TM.