Thoughts on Plo Koon?

Now, I'm thinking about setting up a full Jedi team with the new QGJ zeta-leader and thinking about the possible characters to include and therefore, considering Master Plo.
On paper, he seems to be a pretty fine choice, on-hit buff removal, offense down to enemies and turn meter gain for allies feels to be a nice all-round kit with defense up as a decent side-effect. How does he fare in practice, if anyone has him maxed or near-maxed? Does his potency enough to land offense down, does he hit decent? Is there any kind of "catch" I miss here?

Replies

• Options
    I have him at 7 stars. He's useful in some spots and fairly cheap to gear up. The defence up is great, and his base attack, with omega, makes him remove all buffs, so he's useful against tanks when they taunt. I've found that his offence down didn't land too often until he was well promoted and kitted out, but now it works a fair amount. Defence up for allies, offence down for opponents and debuff all make him fairly useful. He's sometimes on my all Jedi teams, but I haven't maxed QGJ yet, so he may get replaced. My Jedi team is usually Ahsoka, JKA, Luminara, Yoda, and Plo Koon or Old Ben, depending on the team I'm facing. If there are lots of droids I'll sometimes sub in Eeth Koth as well. The team works ok, but I think QGJ will kick it up a notch.
  • Options
    AoE with awful damage and low base potency to apply the affect and one of if not the worst leader ability in the game, other than that he's fine but for an all Jedi team I'd do qgj, anakin, Ashoka, Aayla, and General kenobi if possible
  • Options
    Thinking around the same guideline, only I don't have access to GenKen and will probably not do in a long time.
    Also considering Yoda, tenacity up, buff stealing and spreading plus some extra foresight also seems to be handy on paper or even Kit Fisto, even though his potency up will not do much (unless paired with Plo), he seems to be a hard hitting one with counters and bonus attack generation. Its a shame that pretty much all those options are on cantina nodes so aside gearing, it also means an awful lot of farm to even tinker with it. :/
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    AoE with awful damage and low base potency to apply the affect and one of if not the worst leader ability in the game, other than that he's fine but for an all Jedi team I'd do qgj, anakin, Ashoka, Aayla, and General kenobi if possible

^
    Pretty much this. If your a mortal that is not looking to get Kenobi in the next 9 months or so, might sub him for a cheap mans QGJ a.k.a Mace Windu for the extra dispel, or ima gun di. Yoda has a decent kit but even with foresight up he can get one shoted by Biggs.
  • Options
    Very average toon to be honest, but his ship is great.
  • Options
    Not a top teir toon, he is not even a candidate for a top teir clone/Jedi team, even if you need that dispell. He is bad.
    Saying that tho I am farming him and can't wait to try him in a clone/Jedi team with Rex.
    Rex/PLO can give so much tm to other clone/Jedi allies. It will be fun to use with GK. It won't be top tier, but fun it will be
  • Options
    "Fun" is a good word for him. I've got mine at g10 and sprinkle him into my clone team for galactic war most days. He works really nice with Cody since the assist turns into a "point and shoot" dispel.

His basic is a bit, er, buggy at the moment though as a headsup. There's a little thread going in the bugs section. His basic attack can sometimes dispel nothing - which shouldn't be possible based on his ability wording. When you send him after sun fac or sth with only their taunt buff up it's a bit depressing if the dice roll chooses to dispel "none" instead of "taunt" lol xD.
  • Options
    Mediocre character, wish he was better. GREAT pilot. Awesome for Republic style teams, especially with Fives.