Baze Dauntless Courage

Gives himself and Chirrut 20% extra of Baze's health.

Is this before or after mods? Should I mod Baze for health or prot?

Replies

• Options
    Pretty sure it's before. Mods tend to be the last thing calculated.

I'm modding for health because I have Chirrut; the HoT's are incredible, and it's better to dip into health earlier so that your survivability pool lasts longer. HoT can restore health but not prot.

That said, it's pretty situational. If you face a lot of Palp or other heal blockers, the HoT's become pointless.
  • Options
    If it is before then health mods are still good, but not fantastic. Thanks!
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    I think everything that says % of X is based on the static base value (if you look at stats, =value - () value).

I also don't think they compound...

Aka you have 2 abilities/buffs that add 10%... Lets say 10% of base value was 10... it would be 10 + another 10... not 10 + 11...
  • Options
    Mods were changed to work on the base values yes, but I believe 'Max Health' is calculated at runtime, and includes mods, as these can add health and therefore more pain vs. %health based attacks on your toons. From experience, if I stick more health aligned mods on my Baze, my Chi gets more health judging by the number of health bars he has..

That said 23.5% protection is a way bigger pool than 8% health on an auto taunter, so, from experience using health based mods is good, but using ones with health primary isn't on Baze..

Xio
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    Options
    Prot all the way!

Says the Baze =)