Ships battles burned into my phone screen

So I'm not really into ships that much so I load up the battle and hit auto. Now I have the battle screen icons burned into the screen of my phone. I am really upset about this and I think this is physical evidence these battles take too long. Nevertheless EA should be repairing my phone. Note, once the battle ends the screen changes so it is not a result of sitting for hours, and my screen times out too. I have a Samsung Note 5. Similar concerns?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7332 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wow, I didn't know things getting burned into screens was still an issue. Almost sounds like a defect. What's your brightness set at?
  • Options
    I see your issue, you have a samsung and not an iphone.
  • Options

+1

He did get that mediocre rebel droid though
  • Options
    I guess better having a burnt-in screen than the battery catching fire.
  • Options
    Wow... why do so many people have to derail threads.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thats your phones defect. Not EAs fault.

And after what they did to battlefront its not easy for me to take EAs side
  • Options
    I guess better having a burnt-in screen than the battery catching fire.

Yeah it could have blown up in your hand
  • Options
    Ummm...the note 7s blew up not the 5s...but thanks for taking things seriously.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't know things getting burned into screens was still an issue. Almost sounds like a defect. What's your brightness set at?

Auto
  • Options

Both have amoled screens. Guess I'm just trying to warn everyone to be cognitive and aware of the potential issue.
  • Options

I consider that possibility if I also had other things burned, but I don't.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

you mean and iPhone which I believe up till the iPhone 7 had most of the important parts, processor, memory etc made by Samsung?
  • Options
    keiths9216 wrote: »

The fact that a 7 minute image could mess with you phone means your screen sucks.

Notice your the only one complaining about this issue? That should be telling
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    have you never done a raid battle? They seem to last way longer than a ships battle which has very little stationary graphics.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    have you never done a raid battle? They seem to last way longer than a ships battle which has very little stationary graphics.

Ya I've done them all. I don't know why it is ships.
  • Options

The fact that a 7 minute image could mess with you phone means your screen sucks.

Notice your the only one complaining about this issue? That should a

Notice your the only one complaining about this issue? That should be telling

Obviously or I wouldn't have bothered posting mine! Maybe there's a chance someone sees my post with a similar concern hence someone has to be first?

Why don't you just stol creeping the post it doesn't prove anything except.
  • Options
    This happens sometimes do go "irregular" pixel usage (whatever the heck that means).

Sometimes the discoloration is permanent, but you might be able to recalibrate the pixels to their correct working order. There are apps that can do this for you; google "image burned into cell phone screen" or search your app store.
  • Options
    I smell ****. Troll thread is troll thread.
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Seriously think that the OP just had a bad screen. I use the same Note 5 and have had no problems with images burned onto my screen. And I've logged countless of hours on this game.

Not EA's fault of having a faulty screen. In lieu of all the recalls with Samsung, I'd be much more inclined to think Samsung needs to rectify the issue (and not EA).
  • Options
    Baze wrote: »
    Seriously think that the OP just had a bad screen. I use the same Note 5 and have had no problems with images burned onto my screen. And I've logged countless of hours on this game.

Ya I've had this phone for a year and never had this issue before in this game or anywhere so I have no clue.
  • Options
    This happens sometimes do go "irregular" pixel usage (whatever the heck that means).

Sometimes the discoloration is permanent, but you might be able to recalibrate the pixels to their correct working order. There are apps that can do this for you; google "image burned into cell phone screen" or search your app store.

Finally some advice! Lol thank you I will try it out.
  • Options
    Also a Note 5 user and K2SO is NOT burnt into my screen :)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    contact samsung, they probably have a better help desk than EA anyway.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You will need to contact your device's manufacturer regarding this issue. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.