Standard Tank Raid - Rules for Guilds to manage it by

RWTD_Burn
141 posts Member
edited December 2016
While it's nice that the standard raid is faster to farm, for many of the guilds out there that are just short of being able to take on the Heroic Tank raid it's become TOO fast. After just one play through, guilds like ours are finding themselves having to put rules around it so that everyone gets a chance to play.

I've never been a big fan of having to tell people how they can or can't play a game, but it's been a necessary evil for the Rancor raid. Now doing the same for the tank raid is even more difficult as guild officers have to work around the Rancor rules and schedules as well. As a guild, our officers have discussed this today and with every option we have found some big negatives that go with it.

Are we going to skip rules for now and risk 1/2 to 1/4 of our guild not even getting a chance to get rewards?

Will we go with a zero damage registration attack and then let everyone attack freely after 24 hours?

Will we schedule each phase at a certain time and spend more time as leaders and officers trying to run each one?

Will we put in a rule that allows 1 attack every 24 hours and once again deal with a time consuming scheduled event?

Will we put in a rule in that allows 1 attack per stage and if so, how do we handle the transitions? Do players continue their attack into the next stage or do they have to try and die at a certain health %?

If we are scheduling phases or attacks, do we do it at the same time as the Rancor raid and create a conflict there, or do we pick an opposite time that might conflict with players arena payout or general life schedule?

What impact will all these rules have on our guild? If we have too many rules, players will get frustrated and either quit the game or leave the guild. If we don't make enough rules (or at least the right ones), people will miss out on rewards, get frustrated and leave the guild.

I'm curious as to how other guilds plan to manage this chore. I'm hoping as a community we can group think our way through this and come up with a very general set of rules that best benefits the player community as a whole while minimizing the micromanagement the guild leaders and officers need to do.

RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/

Replies

• Options
    I honestly don't know how the normal tank raid difficulty was before or after the nerf, but I generally want to know why you're putting so many rules in place to begin with.

For us, we have a preopen that can be 24 hours but sometimes comes after our reset when we have enough coins. We raid at the same time every day (provided the tickets) no matter what. We preopen so people can log zero damage. Then, when it's raid time we zerg the rancor in about 15 minutes (depending on how many show up) and tank in about 50-53 minutes (again, depending on how many show up). With the zero damage, everyone can at least log something to get rewards.

We do not ever limit how much damage or how many attempts someone does. Our raids go fairly fast. If you snooze you lose. I've missed out before due to real life. It happens. But we do not limit people and we have set times that everyone knows and follows otherwise no rewards.

Granted this is for heroic raids. I still don't understand why you would impose so many rules for normal or anything under heroic. If members don't log damage that's on them. Don't limit other people. That's how you lose members.