So im Nervous about changing arena team...

I use Lando (L) Boba, really fast STH, IG88 and rey and finish 30-20 every day like clockwork...

I realllllly want to switch to Empire once I get EP but not sure if its worth the potential risk to drop quickly? Thoughts? EP, Boba, TFP, Vader 6* and probably my really fast STH until I can farm a more compatible tank.

Replies

• Options
    I think you're about to get top 10 kiddo...
  • Options
    I know my current team isnt meta or idea. but its worked well against most wiggs team... as long as STH can get his taunt off its GG... You really think EP team will be better?
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oh yeah! You don't even need to give EP the lead, just put him in the team with Boba lead it will be nice as well... If you're getting top 20ish with your current team, you'll be a lot better i guess... But don't forget many will get EP as well, be ready.
  • Options
    Yeah now that you mention it Palps would cause real problems for my current team so its probably a good idea to adjust
  • Options
    I know the feeling. I'm always afraid if I try a new mod set or toon that my rank will plummet. I experimented with TFP in arena today and was pleasantly surprised. I fight a bunch of Shoretrooper/sth combos. A fast TFP stops Han from taunting and prevents crit immunity from landing. I'll probably swap to an empire setup too after the event. I say go for it!
  • Options
    I just hope this is the end of Wiggs... I am so sick of every team... top 25 on my shard only 5 dont have him.
  • Options
    I've found whenever there is a change, you're less likely to plummet because people don't know what to expect so they try ignore you unless they can't. It's worth trying out. You really won't plummet that far unless you use G6 toons or something. Worst case you'll just need to climb a bit the next day.
  • Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    I think you're about to get top 10 kiddo...

+1
  • Options
    Nah all will be G8-9 and STH is G10
  • Options
    fuhgawz wrote: »
    I use Lando (L) Boba, really fast STH, IG88 and rey and finish 30-20 every day like clockwork...

I realllllly want to switch to Empire once I get EP but not sure if its worth the potential risk to drop quickly? Thoughts? EP, Boba, TFP, Vader 6* and probably my really fast STH until I can farm a more compatible tank.

Im surprised you can place that high. That team would get eaten alive on my shard, I would target it like no other lol. Every team in my top 25 is Wiggs, Lanakin and Sthan. With that said, empire teams are great. I play EP(L), RG, Sthan, TFP and Boba and I place in the 20-30 range. So i'd say go for it.
  • Options
    what on earth are you doing with rey
  • Options
    Shes G10 for me and too afraid to change, since I keep top 30
  • Options
    Rey is gone by now, and that droid boy... Use droid with droids, otherwise get rid of him...
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I like the synergy in your current team, but the next one you plan on replacing it with sounds way better
  • Options
    Empire team is the way to go for you, as the buddy said above, i'm also impressed you're ranking this high with this team, changing would only improve your chances of getting higher... I'm on the top 10 and i can't immagine how low your ranks would be on my shard, maybe top 100...
  • Options
    I know my set up is... unconventional but Its been the only lineup I have that consistently beats Wiggs.. Han taunt, ig and boba ensure ability block and rey kills wedge first round everytime.. gg
  • Options
    @The0n3 genuinely appreciate all the replies... I have wiggs but they are under geared compared to all the others in my top 50 so this was the only way I could compete.. im surprised my entirely non meta team works this well as well.
  • Options
    Humm... Yeah, i guess Rey beats a lot with Boba lead... So Boba lead, Rey, EP, IG and STHAN, or replace Ig with Lando... I can see your game plan, but now with shore / baze pumping all around you'll need improving pal
  • Options
    Well I am planning on EP, DV, TFP, Boba and STH but do you think your suggestion is better?
  • Options
    Relax, i'm on a similar position, i run Anakin (lead), Aayla, qgj, Fives and RG... I get to top 10 (not to say top 5) everyday and all teams beyond mine are Rex lead or Wiggs, or both.... I'm only conforted because soon i'll have my qgj zeta (4 to go) and will keep in the top.... But i've reworked my team as well, i used to use Luminara instead of fives, struggled in top 20, then swapped to fives and top 10 always
  • Options
    No, your suggestion is the best. I didn't know you had Vader on a good level and TFP
  • Options
    EP, Vader, TFP, Boba and if you tried getting shore, that would be a solid team.
  • Options
    DV is G9 and 6*
  • Options
    Get him g10 and he's ready.
  • Options
    word :)
  • Options
    Thanks again