Jyn Unlocks at 100 / Punished for Buying the Pack

Prev13
Here's your chance to laugh at a whale today.

I bought the Ultimate Rogue One pack on release day and activated Jyn. Seconds later I was reminded that if I now get a 4* Jyn in the tournament, I would get 32 shards instead of 80, so no chance to reach 5* because of my mistake.

Well, I felt pretty sick, but I consoled myself in the knowledge that, being a 4* character, Jyn would be unlocked for a top 25 finish only, and I wasn't planning to go all in for this tournament.

My failure is now complete. Of course, for the first time, a 4* unlock is being given for a top 100 finish, so I'm back to feeling sick again. Punished for spending, basically.

Yes, I suppose I should have known better, but this was a very easy mistake to make, and I know that I'm not alone in having made it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my blunder as a lesson to anyone else who might make the same mistake in the future. Be careful when you activate.

Replies

• Options
    So the toon gets activated when you grab the rewards after the tournament is finished automatically, at least that happened in the chirrut tourney to me.
    When you are lucky enough to finish top 100 and buy the pack after that you get her to 5*.
    Are you tell us that the other way around is not working when you bought and activated her?
  • Options
    You didn't get punished for buying. You only bought your way to get ahead.
  • Options
    That actually does really suck. Hope it doesn't happen to you and you get him at 5* somehow.
  • Options
    So the toon gets activated when you grab the rewards after the tournament is finished automatically, at least that happened in the chirrut tourney to me.
    When you are lucky enough to finish top 100 and buy the pack after that you get her to 5*.
    Are you tell us that the other way around is not working when you bought and activated her?

Correct. Do it your way and you get a 4* Jyn, then 80 shards for a 5* upgrade with 15 shards left over.

Activate her before the tournament and you just get 32 shards from the 4* character reward, well short of the 65 you need for 5*.

Buying the pack and activating immediately cost me 48 shards and made the tournament a waste of time for me.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Meaningless reply, no wonder you're behind bars.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

So what I said isn't true?
  • Options

Correct. Do it your way and you get a 4* Jyn, then 80 shards for a 5* upgrade with 15 shards left over.

Activate her before the tournament and you just get 32 shards from the 4* character reward, well short of the 65 you need for 5*.

Buying the pack and activating immediately cost me 48 shards and made the tournament a waste of time for me.

A little late for me then...bought the pack, activated her and have been using her in early LS battles to get a feel for her. On the plus side, now I don't have to waste all of my APs on the tourney since I have her and can save them for other tourneys.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Did you activate Cassian too? You could still get the full rewards from his tournament
  • Options
    Sorry to here that Pal. I held off on that pack for that reason. I still can't understand to this day why they reduce the shards for a full drop. That part never made sense to me.
  • Options
    Sorry to here that Pal. I held off on that pack for that reason. I still can't understand to this day why they reduce the shards for a full drop. That part never made sense to me.

I can understand it, otherwise characters would get maxed too quickly with full character drops in chromium packs. In the context of this pack and tournament, however, it's pretty harsh and shouldn't apply.
  • Sparticus
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I was going to get the pack also, guess I'll wait
    How is she though ??
    Worth the purchase
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Options
    If it makes you feel better, I'm on the same boat.
    =(
  • Options

Everyone is entitled to post his opinions, if you don't agree you may simple state so
  • Options

Everyone is entitled to post his opinions, if you don't agree you may simple state so

My opinion is that dude with bars is a **** and his comment was meaningless ;)
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »

How does that make me a ****? I simply stated that by no means are you punished for spending. You gained a brand new toon by spending, one which I don't have and probably won't get. I don't think that's much of a punishment.

Also sent you already bought the toon, then you can relax during the tourney since you are not pressured to rank high.
  • Options

How does that make me a ****? I simply stated that by no means are you punished for spending. You gained a brand new toon by spending, one which I don't have and probably won't get. I don't think that's much of a punishment.

Also sent you already bought the toon, then you can relax during the tourney since you are not pressured to rank high.

It sounds like you didn't read the whole post, my assumption was that your reply was just anti-whale, hence my snippy reply.

The point was not whether I bought the pack, the point was that I chose to activate the character with the 80 shards after buying it.

Activating the character before the tournament significantly devalued any further progress via the tournament. I should have just kept the shards without pressing the (glowing!) ACTIVATE button.

This is the point of the thread and a warning to others.
  • Options

It sounds like you didn't read the whole post, my assumption was that your reply was just anti-whale, hence my snippy reply.

The point was not whether I bought the pack, the point was that I chose to activate the character with the 80 shards after buying it.

Activating the character before the tournament significantly devalued any further progress via the tournament. I should have just kept the shards without pressing the (glowing!) ACTIVATE button.

Probably just ignorance on my part after reading the title.
  • Options

No harm, no foul. I was in a bad mood anyway. :smile:
  • Options

You're kind of mentioning it at the last second though...
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

You're kind of mentioning it at the last second though...

At least he still telling us. I haven't bought the pack yet
  • Options

No harm, no foul. I was in a bad mood anyway. :smile:

Thanks for the heads up man
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon can you gents please explain this fuzzy math?! This is rather concerning and alarming that myself, and many others, will be punished *after* the fact. We just broke down and gave you $100! Please discuss to help make good on this, and ease our minds.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    To be clear, you can buy the pack right now, no problems. What you must not do is activate Jyn or Cassian until after their tournaments.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    It is not like this is new information, yes a 4* unlock at below level 25 in tournament is new, however full character drop conversion rates have always been there.

I bought the pack and have been waiting to unlock Jyn and andor for this exact reason, hopes that maybe they would change the reward structure since they changed the time frame and refresh costs all things the community has been begging for.

It does hurt when you forget about things like that though so I feel your pain OP.
  • Options
    For the pack. I decided I'm doing both tournaments first and judge the value of it after. Sorry that happened I'd have likely done the same out of habit.
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    Options
    I opened both Jyn and Cassian simply because I won't be pushing both tourneys. I rather save my AP for another Chirrut tourney, if they ever get around to doing it.
  • Options
    Slightly off topic on my own thread, but I believe CG have screwed up with the tournament rewards. Look at the extra shards that go along with each reward.

Previously, for a #1 finish for a 3* character worth 50 shards, you get the unlock and 280 shards. This is the exact amount (330) for a 7* character.

Jyn unlocks at 4* worth 80 shards, but the extra shards are still 280. This gives you a shard surplus of 30 if you win the tournament.

It looks to me like whoever was responsible for these rewards forgot that Jyn is a 4* character and used the same shard rewards as for a 3* character. It could even be the case that Jyn was never meant to unlock at 100, but at 25 as Vader's 4* ship did.

@CG_CapGaSP can you comment on the tournament rewards? Something is wrong somewhere.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic on my own thread, but I believe CG have screwed up with the tournament rewards. Look at the extra shards that go along with each reward.

Previously, for a #1 finish for a 3* character worth 50 shards, you get the unlock and 280 shards. This is the exact amount (330) for a 7* character.

Jyn unlocks at 4* worth 80 shards, but the extra shards are still 280. This gives you a shard surplus of 30 if you win the tournament.

It looks to me like whoever was responsible for these rewards forgot that Jyn is a 4* character and used the same shard rewards as for a 3* character. It could even be the case that Jyn was never meant to unlock at 100, but at 25 as Vader's 4* ship did.

@CG_CapGaSP can you comment on the tournament rewards? Something is wrong somewhere.

Shhhh.... Their mistake is our gain.
    It was probably a last minute change because of the pack release at the same time. She is not really tournament exclusive anymore so why not give her away more. Will also push sales of the pack because buying the pack with top 100 finish can get you to 5*, the original point of your thread.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    +1 OP. Many would have assumed that the 4 star reward would be exactly like the previous Vader TIE and have her character shards only. Bought and activated with this assumption. Very disappointed right now.
  • BenObi007
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I was told it is performing as intended. I would suggest posting here if you would like to see a tweak in the future. Perhaps, a dev or game expert will read this and pass the message along.
This discussion has been closed.