Arena is always a uphill battle.

Emma_Fkin_Watson
44 posts Member
edited January 2016
So I havent been in the arena for 3 days. I dropped rank down to 450. And people are still 1000-2000 power more than I am. I find it hard to believe a team with 20,000 rating is in the same rank bracket as me. Its kind of annoying because it makes all my progression with my team feel obsolete. YES! Finally Grear VIII. Oh great my arena opponents just got stronger too. So whats the point of even upgrading anyone then?

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    There is more to the game then the Arena
  • Options
    So you are frustrated that other players continue to try and get better, just like you do?
  • Options
    JerBu wrote: »
    So you are frustrated that other players continue to try and get better, just like you do?

I doubt a lot of people have teams rated over 20,000. Thats super end game. You dont go against real players and real teams in the Arena they are all AI generated. I seen the name Mo Elza or whatever since I was level 10 to 60. But he for example has different teams and different ratings. I find it annoying that no matter your rank you are always fighting teams more powerful than you are. And at level 62, it means you lose. That one missed stun, or clutch attack to finish a character before they are healed. My opponents are all around level 64-66. Means they have more speed. Being higher level your stuns and debuffs wont work as easily.
  • Options
    JerBu wrote: »

I doubt a lot of people have teams rated over 20,000. Thats super end game. You dont go against real players and real teams in the Arena they are all AI generated. I seen the name Mo Elza or whatever since I was level 10 to 60. But he for example has different teams and different ratings. I find it annoying that no matter your rank you are always fighting teams more powerful than you are. And at level 62, it means you lose. That one missed stun, or clutch attack to finish a character before they are healed. My opponents are all around level 64-66. Means they have more speed. Being higher level your stuns and debuffs wont work as easily.
    Uh, no. Mo Elza is the default name, and anyone who didn't choose a name is now stuck with being an Elza forever (or until they add name changing).
  • Options
    This rant is sad and it makes me sad and OP should feel bad for making it
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So I havent been in the arena for 3 days. I dropped rank down to 450. And people are still 1000-2000 power more than I am. I find it hard to believe a team with 20,000 rating is in the same rank bracket as me. Its kind of annoying because it makes all my progression with my team feel obsolete. YES! Finally Grear VIII. Oh great my arena opponents just got stronger too. So whats the point of even upgrading anyone then?

That's competition. Have you tried to apply for Harvard or any top colleges ? Only the top brains get in.
  • Options
    Wait.... I think we're on to something! Why would I with a power team of 20k settle for lower ranks? Why not got for the gold? If some had no desire to compete in the arena have the common decency to put out a nug team!
  • Options
    If it's true that arena rank influences your GW matches, I bet you'll have a really easy time!
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    You lot msunderstand this thread as a rant. I have never seen an arena team signifigantly weaker than mine. I saw a guy ranked 290 with 22,000 power. No matter what rank i am. All my competition is higher power than me. I could refresh 10 times a day and still not break into the top 100s. So how does one climb higher when you win 3 battles out of 5. You drop in rank faster than you can climb.

And yeah thay guy making a Harvard reference? I expect the top 5% to have 20k+ teams. Not the community college top 50%.
  • Options
    Frustrating? I give you frustrating. Someone sniped me out of the top 100 with a minute left.

Almost threw my phone against the wall. I wish we could get some kind of protection.
  • Options
    At least you can make top 100. Seems like my AI battles are scaled to my own team power. When going against guys 800+ power more than you it means dooku hardly ever stuns. Lumi hardly ever silences and usually their healer and Sid will go before yours do. Just one of those things happening its GG.

I will just wait until im capped out a 70. At least that way the odds are fair. And with equal power opponents and terrible AI strategy i should be able to start climbing.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Frustrating? I give you frustrating. Someone sniped me out of the top 100 with a minute left.

Almost threw my phone against the wall. I wish we could get some kind of protection.

Lol top 100.. You still get a reward down to top 1000. The reward for 101+ Bracket is almost the same. Leave your poor phone alone
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    So I havent been in the arena for 3 days. I dropped rank down to 450. And people are still 1000-2000 power more than I am.
    Don't you think those two bolded statements are related?

There is an old Samurai saying that goes: "During your rest, your enemy practice"
  • Options
    The arena is designed to make money, hence the pay to win mantra. It is not designed around skill. Hence why you play AI and not another player. It's a joke and you should consider it as such. Use your 5 daily allotment of battles and live with where you end up.
  • Options
    murton09 wrote: »
    This rant is sad and it makes me sad and OP should feel bad for making it

+1
    Ally Code: 945-699-762