Please bring this game to Windows 10!

It is now easier than ever, and my next tablet is not going to be an iPad. Also i'd like to play on my laptop. There are so many people with Windows 10 machines.

Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    Ugh no. We're forced to use those at work and we hate the things.
  • Soren
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It's ok. Nobody is going to force you to play it on a Windows 10 device.
    But why prevent others from chosing their favourite platform and enjoying their favourite game? You may be surprised, but there are millions of people who love Windows 10. Especially the Sith. And the number is only growing.

And think of it this way, perhaps, if the game comes on Windows 10, having to use these devices at work may become more bearable, and you will suffer less. :smile:
  • Options
    Agreed! I would love to play this at my desk on PC without using an emulator. Bethesda did it with Fallout Shelter, which started as mobile only game, so I'm holding out hope.

Just a straight port would be fine with me, but they could go so much farther and include high res graphics and keyboard mouse optimization. Yes please.
    Griff
  • Options
    +100, I use an emulator to play it on my Win10 PC, I'd love to play it native.
  • Options
    +1001
  • Options
    I'm have it playing on my windows 10 laptop right now. lol

Emulators are your friend. Google MEmu
  • Options
    This is actually a mobile game that would work...
  • Options
    While I'm not against this I must warn you that if it were to happen accounts would be non transferable with iOS and Android.
  • Soren
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    accounts would be non transferable with iOS and Android.

There is absolutely no technical reason for that.
    It's just a matter of policy and I don't think anyone would have a problem.

With our UID the new game can be linked to our user blob and that's about it. How do you think the team can recover our accounts? Most games just require that code to sync across devices, and the process is automated.

Post edited by Soren on
  • Options
    Try downloading "Andyroid". It's an app that allows google plus gameplay. I'm currently using it on my Mac, no problems whatsoever.
  • Options
    Yeah they could just use your UID now to help players migrate between iOS and Android but they don't. I have serious doubts that they would so accommodating for Windows.
  • Options
    There is a bunch of Android runtimes for Windows that work great with this game. I'm using Bluestacks on my Surface Pro 4 and SWGoH runs as well as on any Android tablet (including touch).
  • Soren
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    but they don't.

If they have already shown such signs then I will agree with you. It's unlikely that they will. On the other hand, you never know. Each case is different.

Not supporting your players on their new device is not a good thing.

• Options
    They wouldnt need to port the account if they allowed to you "log in" with whatever account you have. Win10 could be the glue that hold Android/Apple together. It presents a login, Log in with your Google, or Log in with your Apple account.
  • Options
    Like other already wrote, just install MEmu, it works very well. I play it all the time on my 3000*2000 Pixel Notebook with touchscreen - just like a tablet, but much better graphics.
  • Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    Like other already wrote, just install MEmu, it works very well. I play it all the time on my 3000*2000 Pixel Notebook with touchscreen - just like a tablet, but much better graphics.

I use MEmu, I have issues with it refusing input every now and then and locking up at the worst times (Raids, PvP etc). I wrote the developer and he says its a fix coming in 2.9.2.

----
    Thank you for your feedback. We will fix this issue (random no response in some circumstances) in 2.9.2, sorry for all the inconvenience. For now, you can use 2.8.6 temporarily.
    ----

However, to have it native would be awesome.
  • Options
    I've been using BlueStacks - but after reading it here I tried MEmu and it's way better <3 Looks better, runs better and fewer issues for me.

Thanks guys <3
  • Options
    Soren wrote: »
    accounts would be non transferable with iOS and Android.

There is absolutely no technical reason for that.
    It's just a matter of policy and I don't think anyone would have a problem.

With our UID the new game can be linked to our user blob and that's about it. How do you think the team can recover our accounts? Most games just require that code to sync across devices, and the process is automated.

Yes, there is. The technical reason being that the developers went out of their way to store data in such a way that it would be prohibitive for them to now allow us to migrate, even as a one-time process.

So, while it would be cool for them to get this on Win10, if you now play on iOS then you would still have to start over.
  • Soren
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Yes, there is.

I do not believe this is the case, however, there is no user blob that can't be migrated to a new system.
    It's just a database with stats and parameters recognized by the game. You create a script that migrates all these to a new structure, field by field. I have performed 4 such migrations with my teams. 1 of them was manual. So if there's a will, (and a budget) there's a way! :) There are so many such migrations happening daily.

While there might be some data loss in the scenario that there are iOS/Android specific achievements all your stats, unlocked characters, their levels etc are identical.

And that matters only in the remote case that the developers wanted/had to make their life difficult, and production more expensive, by supporting two entirely different backends. And I am not talking about the storage location, i am talking about the software structure that runs the entire logic of the game. How characters level up, how players level up, how upgrades and stars work, all that.

Have they stated anywhere that this is the case? It would be very interesting to know.

Last, while I thank those suggesting the emulation option, I think they are missing the point. The point of this post is to strengthen the chances, that this game comes natively to Windows 10.
    Not to find a middle ground solution. Most mobile games that came natively to Windows 10 eventually took advantage of the strengths of the platform and became better. i.e. have even better visuals through higher resolution textures, higher framerates, etc.

Now I do understand that EA may not want to lose money by migrating your old account into a different new device. That is a business decision. Sad for us, but a valid and possible one. I can't remember their reaction to cross platform games between XBO and PC, or UWP, but Windows 10 numbers keep growing, so eventually it will make more and more sense for them to support this platform more actively. All other major mobile developers already do, and all offer account sync from any platform, to your Windows 10 device.

So if you feel people are not aware of emulators, that is not the case. They do. But it's always a better choice to go natively.