Another Major Complaint-Ships

I already knew this when this mode started, but it is clear that it is impossible to enjoy both the ships and toons mode of this game. The first couple of weeks went along fine but now that I am focusing on upgrading my toons, I get absolutely destroyed in Fleet Arena, but I guess it is what it is. Why is it so difficult to make a game that players can enjoy the game in it's entirety? Is that so hard?

On a positive note, the fleet shipments are great and now that I am part of the lowest reward node in Fleet Arena, I am not going to bother partaking in that battle, only for daily activities awards and until I have ships that stand a chance through the other events. Again, this is a great mode but it would be a lot more enjoyable for f2p players such as myself if it was a lot more integrated with the rest of the game.

Replies

• Options
    I am a guppy (spent a little money over the year+ I've been playing...less than $50 total - all crystal subs, etc)

Anyway, I'm afraid I don't agree. I have found that if i use fleet shipments for my ships (and an occasional GW shipment) and otger shipments for toons, I can do both. I'm on a November shard,and finish top 20 in arena (easily - yesterday 1st, top 5 of I try) and 25-40 in fleet arena.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    luck of the draw with fleet leaderboard helps alot.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Fleet shipments and even fleet battles are a nice breath of fresh air to the game in my opinion :) kind of a game within a game
  • Options
    i love the ship arena....somehow i sometimes ask myself wether it would not have been enough with 6 minutes of time and 1 reinforcement ship but it is like it is....
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • Options
    Im F2P. Never spent a penny and am still in the top 100....usually around 70 mark.

Personally I enjoy ships....you can upgrade toons aswell as ships...they run on different systems
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I am able to enjoy both, but let's be clear they don't run on different systems. If you want a new ship you need to level and gear it's pilot. I'm making due mostly with pilots I already had, but I've definitely spent a lot of regular credits on ships via pilots still.
  • Options
    TBH, I don't try to compete for top spot. After the first 3 days, I saw players with 5* ships already and said NOPE! I'm fine with whatever rank I get and am building ships to get zeta mats as soon as possible.
  • Options
    chakhae1 wrote: »
    I already knew this when this mode started, but it is clear that it is impossible to enjoy both the ships and toons mode of this game. The first couple of weeks went along fine but now that I am focusing on upgrading my toons, I get absolutely destroyed in Fleet Arena, but I guess it is what it is. Why is it so difficult to make a game that players can enjoy the game in it's entirety? Is that so hard?

On a positive note, the fleet shipments are great and now that I am part of the lowest reward node in Fleet Arena, I am not going to bother partaking in that battle, only for daily activities awards and until I have ships that stand a chance through the other events. Again, this is a great mode but it would be a lot more enjoyable for f2p players such as myself if it was a lot more integrated with the rest of the game.

Remember that EA only needs f2p players to be owned by those who pay, nothing less, nothing more to that.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

+1 you are probably stuck in a bad fleet leaderboard.
  • Options
    WildMango wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

+1 you are probably stuck in a bad fleet leaderboard.

He is probably on the same shard as me with some crazy topping and locking up the ladder with a full level 85 7* fleet 2-3 days after the content release and a hand full of fools trying to catch up with him, desperately drooling on his personal and most importantly virtual milliondollardium falcon.
    On a more reasonable note, the fleet shipments distribution is not as stiff of a curve as the arena one. So quite frankly there is enough to play with and plan when not in the top.
  • Options
    I did a little bit better yesterday but yes the matches in fleet arena seem to be very random and certain days i do well and other days i can't win a single match. don't get me wrong i love the new fleet shipments as they have helped me obtain cody, echo and rex and work well towards the slave 1 and finally make obtaining grevious not an impossibility. i guess for me this is just the classic case of give and take..
  • Options

Quests 7 and up give ship upgrade materials from regular game. Grind those for gear
  • Options
    i have no problem getting training materials for ships and coin for ships. that is not the problem here. the problem is not farming ships in shipments bc i am focusing on toons and the only way to fully enjoy this game is to pay to afford both.
  • Options
    i have no problem getting training materials for ships and coin for ships. that is not the problem here. the problem is not farming ships in shipments bc i am focusing on toons and the only way to fully enjoy this game is to pay to afford both.

How many toons do you need to focus on man?
  • Options
    I found it's manageable if you were level capped when ships came out because you already had a lot of toons and most if not all in GW.

For those not in that situation, ships add a ton of complexity and ability for whales to really break ranks with the F2P more than before.
  • Options
    all of them lol. i am working on a clone team, grevious, bastian, maul, vader, ackbar etc etc and i really do not get enough fleet credits to focus on ships at all.
  • Options
    all of them lol. i am working on a clone team, grevious, bastian, maul, vader, ackbar etc etc and i really do not get enough fleet credits to focus on ships at all.

True i may be viewing it from different eyes in rank 30-40 in my ship shard.. and 700-900 in my arena.

So i get 1300 ship and 400 +200(daily challenge) arena

Lets me spread it a little.

That being said i finished getting ackbar to 7 recently
  • Options
    ya i work more on squad arena that fleet arena even though that's a major grind and i have been stuck at rank 200-400 for the past 6 months or something, but that should be changing once my teams are maxed and geared up. i am not saying i will never focus on ships, but just right now i am not.