Punished for opening my R1 pack early

I made the mistake, I'll eat it and top up with packs, as I opened my R1 pack on release out of excitement to try the new toons! Then I came in 2nd today in the jyn tourny and now I'm 8 shards short for 7 star 92/100!! If I would have held off on activating her till after the tourny I would have a 7 star how does this work? I'm pretty Whaley and have been playing for exactly 1 year today and this has soured me. Fix this it's no ok, paying customers shouldn't get punished for buying your product and opening it early? Make 4 star characters worth the same amount of shards regardless of timing. I will not make this mistake again but I seriously feel like this is some loop hole scam that prays on the players base excitement and forces them to top up with shard packs when you release them.

Replies

• Options
    Reading your comments has me curious. So I have a guildmate who also bought the pack the day it was released. He finished 26th place. However he did not get the equivalent of 80 shards for the character and the bonus shards associated with rank 26 because he bought the pack prior to the tournament so he's really upset. I finished exactly at 100, giving me the character at 4 stars and a few bonus shards. Do you know whether if I decide to purchase the pack now, if I'm still guaranteed 80 shards??? Or will they give me that stupid shard bonus they give once the character is already unlocked??? It's the difference whether this pack is worth it or not. 7 to 15 bonus shards won't even be enough for me to tier her up to a five star. Thanks in advance if you could give me any useful info.
  • Greenleaves
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    In the pack description, it shows 80 Jyn Erso Shards. It does not have a 4 star Jyn that would then need to be converted if already having her unlocked. I think you are safe buying the pack and gaining 80 shards.
  • Options
    If you already had her and it was an unlock, they usually convert the shards anyways...unless there is an issue.
  • Options
    Well 100 bucks is a lot to spend and not be able to at least get the 65 needed from the advertised 80 shards to tier her up to 5 star. I'd like to know for sure.