How did I beat this GW team?

Just wondering how this happened. Here is my line up (All purple gear):

349_zpsctcdklws.png

Here was my opponent:
ATT_1453753393488_337_zpsyyobnlt7.png

Haven't faced any 7* QGJs (that I can remember). Was I just incredibly lucky to stun him and hammer him down before he hit once or does he stun easy?

Also, I am used to high level Luke's one-shotting me, similiar to FOTP. I think he got off 3 shots and never did more than about 2k damage. Once again, was this just really lucky, or what?

Once QGJ and Luke were down, the rest were easy. What I thought was going to be a retreat fest, was actually 1 run, full health, cool downs clear.

I figure if this guy gets a Poe on this team, he'll destroy.

Replies

• Options
    Since QGJ is a jedi, he can reliably be stun by Dooku. The enemy's luke also is not fully-geared so that could have contributed to his lower DPS.

If he replaced JC with Poe he would be more annoying but I don't think he would necessarily destroy. There are far more potent Poe lineups.

Good job on beating him without retreating though!
  • Options
    Dooku stun is pretty reliable against jedi and you are 1 level higher than your opponent. The Luke only has level VI gear, maybe his abilities are also at a low level. Luke heavily relies on crits, with Sid as leader it would have been more difficult.
    Well done nonetheless
  • Options
    Ah, ok...Yeah, Sid or Boba would have been more painful. If I remember right I think Dooku stunned him, which he immediately cleared because it was his turn, and I stunned him again with Daka.

Didn't think about Luke might have low level skills. That would explain it.

Ok, thanks for the info.
  • Options
    That's kind of a garbage lineup. He has a 7* QGJ so he definitely has better characters in his arsenal. One of GQJ's biggest advantages is his ally assist adds 75% damage so you want 1 or 2 glass cannons in your lineup. That lineup is probably that person's GW squad or something. 7* Luke with lvl 6 gear is also pretty weak.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    Wow, I can't believe your opponents at node 10 are the same level as you. Mine are always about 5-7 levels higher. I'm level 57 and my current node 10 are all level 62-63. What's your arena ranking?
  • Options
    Wow, I can't believe your opponents at node 10 are the same level as you. Mine are always about 5-7 levels higher. I'm level 57 and my current node 10 are all level 62-63. What's your arena ranking?
    I think the pool of players GW pulls from is very large so even though it's supposed to scale up in difficulty it doesn't always.

Like I'm rank 1 in my Arena ladder and I find that my node 8-10 fights are harder than my node 11 & 12 fights most of the time.

As an example, several of my guild members are level 70 already and they frequently match up against each other in Galactic War during the middle nodes. Naecabon, the first player to hit level 70 was put as a node 8 opponent for a level 64 player over a week ago when he was the only player in the game to have hit 70. You would think if the game was using smaller pools/rankings Nae would have been saved for a node 12 fight.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    Oh I agree, node 10 is usually the hardest for me as well. If I can get past that then 11 and 12 tend to be easier for some reason. That's why I'm surprised to see his nose 10 is the same level opponents as himself. That hasn't happened for me since before GW got patched. My node 10 seems to be 5 levels above me minimum. That's why I'm curious as to how his node is same level, and therefore what is arena ranking is....to see if there is any correlation.
  • Options
    @Mizake_Mizan In the past week, I've managed to Ninja down into 20 - 50 ranks an hour before Arena restarts. By the next day, I am usually up around 50 - 70.

I usually have higher level teams in GW. It was just a lucky draw yesterday. Maybe they felt sorry for me, because I only got through chest 10, yesterday. Which is why when I got to this opponent, I was thinking, CRAP! here is the team where I burn 50 retreats, and an hour of my life, and was so surprised I got through it, easily.

Yesterday, I had a level 57 team (Think it was a 7* fest with Poe, 88, GS, Sid, Kylo)...took some sacrifices to barely get through it. The next several battles were all solid, 1 - 2 level teams higher than me, and I couldn't finish GW.
  • Options
    Interesting....thx for the reply. It would seem your Arena rank is decent, so you aren't tanking it for the sake of GW. That would seem to indicate that Arena rank has little to no bearing as to the difficulty of your GW opponents.

I do feel like your overall power rating, especially of your top 5 toons, is calculated to determine the strength of your opponents.

Also, I agree that it seems like when I win a bunch of GW's in a row, the opponents seem to get more difficult, and when I can't complete one, the next one seems a bit easier.
  • Options
    Yeah...I switched out one character the whole run, 5* Kylo for Daka. But, I had just lost the previous day. So, that might have something to do with it. It does seem to get worse and worse the more you complete.
  • Options
    A good solution stun.
    Look what I have to defeat.
    Stun can be with luck the only solution
    First round stun leia with dooku and stun qcg with daka in fact lumi was stun too.
    The result is finish full heal

http://imgur.com/a/EYRDo
  • Options
    Wow! that's insane. Great job.

I just hit level 65, and hope I can get the last 5 levels ASAP. I figure they'll start throwing the L70 7* teams at me soon. I really hope they wait to raise the cap again.
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have level 70 since I was 61...
    Now i am 68 always on top 3.(but lack of money to level my toons . Lol)
    It's the reason I think I have hard team to beat