Imperial Tie Fighter Ship

I have Tie fighter 7* gear 10 with the ship as 3*, level 64.

Do we know why I have protection as zero for the ship

Replies

• Options
    Assuming canon is being sourced here, TIE Fighters lack shields and therefore lack protection. First Order TIEs though have shield generators and thus have protection.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    correct, only the FO Tie has protection
  • Options
    yeah, I'm in a similar boat. I've been farming TIE pilot with the hope of improving his ship but it's just terrible. No defense and pretty weak offense. I know they don't have shield generators in the movies/books but they're also far more nimble than the other bulkier space craft. Maybe the developers could make them dodge more attacks?
  • Options
    Dave011679 wrote: »
    yeah, I'm in a similar boat. I've been farming TIE pilot with the hope of improving his ship but it's just terrible. No defense and pretty weak offense. I know they don't have shield generators in the movies/books but they're also far more nimble than the other bulkier space craft. Maybe the developers could make them dodge more attacks?

They do have a much higher dodge rate than other ships. And whenever I fight one, it seems like it dodged about 80% of the attacks.
  • Options

They do have a much higher dodge rate than other ships. And whenever I fight one, it seems like it dodged about 80% of the attacks.

Must be the Luminara of ships, Dodges like crazy when the AI plays it, dodges zero when you do.
  • Options
    the theory behind this is twofold. not just more nimble (which is debatable) but they wanted to make them cheap, fast, and a ton of them. if I can field 4 times more fighters than you, I don't mind losing half of them because they don't have shields. the empire cares little for casualties. the alliance / rebellion however has this silly notion about the value of lives...

• Options

It does wonders under Tarkin with Vader and FOTP alongside it.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    One of my favorite ships. It's super fast, hits hard, dodges really well
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the response. It was very helpful
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

Must be the Luminara of ships, Dodges like crazy when the AI plays it, dodges zero when you do.

Agreed. Mine hardly ever dodges but the opponents is like Floyd Mayweather.