Does anyone know the details on how crew affects ship stats?

Do crew attribute stats affect the same ship stat in any way? It doesn't appear to. I was comparing my Tano Ship to another player's whose ship was always going first. Their ship was the same as mine but had more speed. My Tano toon had far more speed. The only difference I could come up with was their Toon toon had a few more levels than mine. So it appears that level of crew toon and gear level might affect the ship stats but crew toon stats themselves (including mods) don't really affect things?

Replies

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    Yes that looks to be the case... Mod level and type count but not actual stats... so you can use those "old" 5dot level 15s that are not that useful anymore.
  • Options
    I'm curious about this too, how in the world are these things calculated?? For example:
    Tano: gear level 10 - 7* - 6 star ship her toon power is 7519, her crew power is 6508, a reduction
    Consular: gear level 10 - 7* 6star shio - toon power 7949, crew power 10542, a huge increase.
    There seems to be no rhyme or reason...
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Mostly-Inclusive Guide to Ships
    Pilots are the primary contributor to your ship's stats. Everything about them matters - gear, stars, level, mods (to a minor extent), and even ability levels. However, regular stat differences don't matter - only these 5 things listed here. Some aspects are more beneficial than others, and the higher you go in any one area the bigger the difference (going from 6 to 7 stars has roughly the same impact as going from 2 to 6 stars).

Something of note that many seem to miss: Mods do NOT affect ships the same way they affect characters. Only the tier and level of the mod matters; primaries, secondaries, and set bonuses do not.

Watch out: crew power != crew rating. Crew rating, which is what the game uses to calculate your stats, is hidden and based off the 5 character aspects. Crew power is essentially a rough reverse-engineer after calculating what the ship’s stats would be without the pilot. It’s weird, somewhat convoluted, but it is what it is. Don’t be misled.