Best Shoretrooper replacement for f2p Empire?

With EP coming back, I'm going to really work on an Empire squad. EP, Vader, RG, TFP, and ShT would be optimal, but I need someone to hold ShT's place until he becomes f2p. I have Tarkin and Magmatrooper at 7* g8 already, but neither of them is a very good character. Any suggestions? Or are none of them worth the resources and I should just hope a Rogue One Empire character is released and is decent?

Replies

• Options
    Try stormtrooper or just add sth
  • Options
    With EP coming back, I'm going to really work on an Empire squad. EP, Vader, RG, TFP, and ShT would be optimal, but I need someone to hold ShT's place until he becomes f2p. I have Tarkin and Magmatrooper at 7* g8 already, but neither of them is a very good character. Any suggestions? Or are none of them worth the resources and I should just hope a Rogue One Empire character is released and is decent?

I used to run Sidious with Palpy, RG, Vader and TFP before I got Shoretrooper to a high enough star level to gear.

He lays down a lot of debuffs which helps TFP gain a lot of turn meter and he is fast and recovers health a lot with his unique which keeps him somewhat durable.

I just happened to have him, but I wouldn't put a lot of resources into him right now and he only was really used in my GW and NOT in the Arena.

I am actually not using my Empire team until I get Palpy to 7* this weekend.
  • Options
    Baze also works well
  • Options
    Monsterstl wrote: »
    Baze also works well

Unfortunatley I don't have Baze.
    KyloRey wrote: »

I used to run Sidious with Palpy, RG, Vader and TFP before I got Shoretrooper to a high enough star level to gear.

He lays down a lot of debuffs which helps TFP gain a lot of turn meter and he is fast and recovers health a lot with his unique which keeps him somewhat durable.

I just happened to have him, but I wouldn't put a lot of resources into him right now and he only was really used in my GW and NOT in the Arena.

I am actually not using my Empire team until I get Palpy to 7* this weekend.

I thought about running a Sith since they would also benefit from EP lead, but the problem is that Sid has low damage and low health, Dooku also has low damage, and I don't have Maul. Of the three, I'd expect Maul to be the best, if only because his biggest weakness (low health) should be negated by the fact that they have to target EP first and possible RG, it none of them seem like great options.
  • Options
    Just farm baze. Im FTP and mine is 5* G11 rocking 90K health/prot

• Options
    I am currently using phasma with that team until I power up shore
  • Options
    I would say make Tarkin your lead. With omega leadership he adds 28 speed. I know it doesn't taunt but speed kills.
  • Options
    Just farm baze. Im FTP and mine is 5* G11 rocking 90K health/prot

I have too many other characters I need to work on to farm Baze from the Shard Shop.
  • Options
    There's only two characters that start the battle taunting. Neither one is free. A super fast Poe would be the closest thing.
  • Options
    There's only two characters that start the battle taunting. Neither one is free. A super fast Poe would be the closest thing.

Both are free. One from tourneys one from shard shop.

• V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Yes. You are very smart. Is that what you wanted to hear? OK, slick dealer says that baze and shoretrooper are considered f2p. Listen to him.
  • Options
    Sun-Fac or B2 would be good replacements. They are both f2p.
  • Options

Yes. You are very smart. Is that what you wanted to hear? OK, slick dealer says that baze and shoretrooper are considered f2p. Listen to him.

I am F2P and have both a 4* Shore (from tourney) and a 4* Baze (from cashing in arena and cantina currency).

You should listen to me. I just got a 7* Jyn as free to play.
  • Options
    You're the King Bro :#
  • Options
    Neither Baze nor ST would be considered f2p to anyone who started after their respective tournaments, anyone who missed the tournaments, or anyone who wants to max them out and couldn't during the tournament.

Also, while a super fast Poe or a super fast STH would be a decent replacement it will be hard to match TFP's speed and my five year old hits harder than both. I tried Poe and while it worked for a while, overall I ended up losing more spots than I would have liked. That immediate taunt who can take a beating right off the bat is pretty important to top teams.
  • Options
    You're the King Bro :#

Hail to the King baby /nukem

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »
    I would say make Tarkin your lead. With omega leadership he adds 28 speed. I know it doesn't taunt but speed kills.

If your TFP is fast, then don't bother with Tarkin lead. With EP lead your toons will gain huge amounts of TM, whenever they land all those debuffs.

• Options
    sying wrote: »
    Neither Baze nor ST would be considered f2p to anyone who started after their respective tournaments, anyone who missed the tournaments, or anyone who wants to max them out and couldn't during the tournament.

Also, while a super fast Poe or a super fast STH would be a decent replacement it will be hard to match TFP's speed and my five year old hits harder than both. I tried Poe and while it worked for a while, overall I ended up losing more spots than I would have liked. That immediate taunt who can take a beating right off the bat is pretty important to top teams.

Who do you use now?
  • Options
    I ran empire before I had my Shore (got him from the countdown to R1 pack), and back then I ran EP (L), Vader, RG, TFP and Rey. I shouldn't have really used Rey, but I had no one else better at the time to use in her place.
    Anyway if you don't have Shore, I would recommend either using sun fac (farmable from fleet and guild shipments) or b2 (farmable from cantina node 6D)
    If you manage to get your hands on deathtrooper or krennic if/when they come out, they could also possibly be viable.
  • Options
    My vote would be B2, he has an amazing utility and enough health that people can't really afford to take him out at the start. Plus, once you have Shoretrooper you can kick RG out and keep using B2 except for the potency challenge. I think quite a few people are running that team in arena with good results.
  • Options
    Hard to say. If you don't want to get baze, currently, I think you will just have to pray that wiggs doesn't go for EP
  • Options
    I just go with Royal guard because I'm stuck in 45/50 purgatory for shore trooper (yes I'm salty)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me