Most FUN I've ever had playing this game...

StormTro0p3R_H
1643 posts Member
edited December 2016
I've been playing for nearly 10 months, keeping up with strategies and comprising my "fan" squad for arena rank and it was always bittersweet to get those 500 crystals at payout. Sure I was doing well, but with hodge-podge squads that didn't have my favorite characters (besides STH.) As a movie fan, I want to use movie characters on my squad. Not down with Wiggs. Furthermore, cross-generation stuff is a compromise for me (though I know it is some of the intent of this game.) But I want my "fan" squad to be heroes from the same faction and the same movie.

The most fun I've had is selling my OP mods and farming TENACITY sets for my Farmer Luke led "A New Hope" team. Gone are my strategy and character chasing days. No more squeaking out every possible crystal every day for the gear grind. Tussling about in the mid-100s with a "fan" team is much more satisfying than the reward for being atop the arena.

It was HARD to let my arena rank go, but so much more enjoyable for my type of fandom. I encourage you to build "fan" teams for the FUN of it. If that means "Rogue One" characters for you, then may God be with you in your acquisition. If that's Empire, then what a time to be playing the game! (Empire can be both movie themed AND a top arena team, they just aren't my cup of tea.)

Keep it FUN! It's a game after all....

Replies

• Options
    May the force be with you and farewell

P.S. It's Rogue not rouge
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    +1

I do that very close too the exact same thing. I go after characters I like instead of shooting for something out of reach. It is the only way I stay sane in this game. Not necessarily a fan team, but fun and within reach.
  • Options
    I play with teams and characters I like. I don't like wedge nor Biggs... So I don't use them.
  • Options
    Congrats man, that's what this game is about. So what's the squad?
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Luke Skywalker
    Stormtrooper Han
    Princess Leia
    Old Ben
    "Clone Wars" Chewbacca (a necessary and somewhat reasonable "compromise." I mean, Chewie is Chewie...kind of.)
  • Options
    Yeah, I do this but with added indecision :)

I want Jedis. No, I want clones. No, Empire. No, definitely Jedis. Wait. No. Resistance. Definitely resistance. Or ewoks. I should farm an ewok team!

I don't have Lando or Wiggs. My Leia and STH have barely any gear. My arena rank has a pb of #144 and I complete 2 out of 3 GWs. Ships are something I auto for the gear in fleet shipments.

Play the game you want to play :)
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Me I have Ewok Elder in all my teams and my sons do too. We just like him. Definitely not the most powerful but I just enjoy him. My next favorite is SRP followed by Teebo.

I keep believing in a Teebo lead with SRP, IG 88 or Sidious, Mace, Barris Offee or EE.

I don't have that combo yet but I am working towards it.
  • Options

Luke Skywalker
    Stormtrooper Han
    Princess Leia
    Old Ben
    "Clone Wars" Chewbacca (a necessary and somewhat reasonable "compromise." I mean, Chewie is Chewie...kind of.)

Niice! I could see this squad being what you need to unlock the next luke we get lol. I really really like this post. It's given me incentive to do the same.

Atm I run the usual meta nonsense in the top 20.
    Boba L
    Wiggs
    Shore
    Jka

Jedi are my favorite faction. I have igd, ashoka, jka, qgj, yoda, and aayla all 7* and g9+ . I've never ran them because on my shard they wouldnt last at the top. But now I am definitely going to finish thier last few gear lvls and throw them into arena. Thx OP.
  • Options
    I have always ranked anywhere from 300 to 500 in the arena. I do not chase current or possible new metas. I do however have the current meta team I love Rebel characters except lobot. I am enjoying the new Rogue One characters I'm just missing Baze only need 25 more shards for him. I hope the shard shop keeps him for a couple more months. I also love my Jedi team I spent a huge focus since launch gearing them and keeping them at the highest. I would enjoy more first order or resistance characters to play with. I do not use a lot of sim tickets so I get the luxury of playing my dream teams on the light side or dark side missions when going for shards or gear pieces I need. Honestly that is what keeps me going trying out new teams even if it is just on the lower level missions.
  • Options
    We are holding your spot at the top. Come back up anytime.
  • Options
    We are holding your spot at the top. Come back up anytime.

Not having any luck on Speed primaries yet. When I get over that hump I may be able to peak in the top 50.

No chance that "A New Hope" team can hang at the top without a dispel or buff immunity character.