Level 45 player ranked top20 in arena needs advice

ChosenOfTheSun
7 posts Member
edited December 2016
Hi everyone, I am currently at 13th rank in arena almost reaching level43.
Important to say I am a F2P player and managed to be in top20 since day one luckly!
At day one I got a Ima Gun-Di in a bronzium data! So I made some research to find out even with the current meta a jedi counter squad lead by him is deadly, so I decided to go off meta with my squad and farmed old ben in cantina, not lando. Also farmed QuiGon in cantina shop and Ahsoka. After 2 days of GW I am almost unlocking Lumi...
Right now, my squad in arena is:

Ima Gun-Di Leader
Old Ben
Qui Gon
Jedi Consular
Rebel Pathfinder

My questions are many:
At the present moment, the counter mechanic works but not as good as it will do in a near future with more levels on it...
Should I keep Ima as leader or place Ben as leader for now?
Or QuiGon is the best option to speed up my jedis?

I am thinkin about gearing Lumi up asap to replace Jedi Consular for her...
Ahsoka must be at least 3 stars to think about her, need at least one more day to get there...
I would do a full jedi squad but without the pathfinder I would have no taunt to work with...
I unlocked already STH... for now pathfinder much stronger... and apply attack down, adding to the defense UP of Gun-Di and attack down of Ben

What are your advice?
Who should I focus on?

Ima Gun-Di
Qui Gon
Lumi
Ahsoka
Old Ben
Jedi Consular
Pathfinder
STH

These would be my main heroes right now... How would you guys combine these heroes? What s the best option in your opinion?

Thanks all in advance,
Post edited by ChosenOfTheSun on

Replies

• Options
    I would go for Ima Gun-Di as lead, lumi, Obi Wan, Qui Gon and STH.
    The only downside is that Ima Gun-Di isn't farmable and may not be great in the long run, especially with Yoda Grand Master Training
  • Options
    I would go for Ima Gun-Di as lead, lumi, Obi Wan, Qui Gon and STH.
    The only downside is that Ima Gun-Di isn't farmable and may not be great in the long run, especially with Yoda Grand Master Training

He is in Cantina at 7-E, He is on two hard nodes and his shards are in guild shop... how is that not farmable ? O.o
  • Options
    Thanks guys,
    Tried myself some arena battles using the different leaderships... Ima´s seems to be the most effective honestly... and have all of the at level 4 (pity spending abitiy mats this way?)
    Thanks for the advice and yes, I farmed 5 shards of him already in guild shop, he is there. Didnt arrive yet in the Cantina battle with his shard as prize, but I will keep farming him...
    MTFBWY
  • Options
    I love all those Jedi, they work great even on the higher levels. The problem is once everyone starts getting Wedge and Biggs and Lando leveled high enough, you're in trouble. If I were you, I would use:

Ima
    Qui Gon
    Old Ben
    Lumi
    St. Han

for now. Those are the best guys to work with. But as soon as you can, start farming Aayla (cantina 5B) and Anakin, as well as Barriss. The best Jedi team in my opinion is QGJ (lead with his meta ability), Aayla, Barriss (her meta ability), Anakin and eventually General Kenobi but Luminara or Old ben will do just as good.
  • Options
    Go with Old Ben as lead. You will thank me later.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Old Ben is a great leader and can also be really annoying for Lando users, when you begin encountering him. Missing a hit or two, and not critting on other hits and he's neutralized. (And ability block AoE is available disregarding whether OB is leader or not)
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    IGD lead is only truely effective when you get at least Aayla, who should be a top priority if you're gonna run it.
  • Options
    First of all thanks to all of you for your imput, every single idea is worth listening to, I apreciate!
    I kept my place in arena, right now I am 17th... and I am using:

Qui Gon Leader (being able to go first is crucial to win and extra turns is very effective)
    Gun-Di
    Obi-Wan
    Luminara
    Ahsoka
    Zooey wrote: »
    IGD lead is only truely effective when you get at least Aayla, who should be a top priority if you're gonna run it.

After level 50 goes up to 35% counter chance, now is in 25%... Aayla and Fisto are mains to a counter squad I think
    Go with Old Ben as lead. You will thank me later.

Tried old ben but evasion is just too random to rely upon in my opinion... I think the community should ask EA to change the EVASION mechanics... everyone having the same chance to evade an attack is kind of lame... Does Chewwie have the same chance to evade and attack than Ahsoka for instance??? Also should depend on the attackers accuracy or something... I do know there is special accuracy thing but I have been looking and every single heroe has a 2% chance of evading an attack... this should be changed in my humble padawan opinion... but anyway...

Soon enough will have power to jump to 10th place tier I hope... Only now I have my 5 to focus exclusively on while most of players around me have been focusing on their 5 already for a while...

So things are looking good for my Jedi squad guys! I am glad and I hope I can keep getting more and more feedback from you guys... I love the imput of somebody elses brain! Thanks a lot and MTFBWY!
  • Options
    Just adding some thoughts I had...
    This squad is farmable... Ahsoka and Gun-Di will take longer, He is only available in Guild Shop for now (got 10 extra shards already) and she is in the same shop as Qui-Gon, who I tend to priorize over her... I did already lost couple of days to unlock her and give her an extra star so now is Qui-Gon only in Cantina Shop and I can keep farming her in regular hard mode battles for now...
    Luminara I am getting 15 shards daily in GW she probs will be the first to get 7 stars.
    Ben and Qui-Gon I am farming in Cantina... after I finish Qui-Gon (how long does it take guys?) I farm Ahsoka

Whenever I can I will farm Aayla and Anakin... I think they come next
  • Options

Why is that exactly? I trust your wisdom but I'd like to understand it myself.

Trying a Jedi counter team on an alt acc myself, just for a change. What's the goal in the long run? Disregard the General since that's never gonna happen anyway. JKA I assume. Who else?

Or do you agree with the aforementioned suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

Trying a Jedi counter team on an alt acc myself, just for a change. What's the goal in the long run? Disregard the General since that's never gonna happen anyway. JKA I assume. Who else?

Thanks in advance!

She does by far the most damage out of any counter attacker especially since she can call assists on a counter, and her stun is what makes your team formidable to aoe squads. You'll also need a dispeller, preferably one like Sun Fac, B2, or Plo Koon that can dispel out of turn. The last 2 spots can be played around with a bit, and I've seen Ani, Yoda, Kit, Fives, Rex, and a few other successful ones.
  • Options

Thanks in advance!

She does by far the most damage out of any counter attacker especially since she can call assists on a counter, and her stun is what makes your team formidable to aoe squads. You'll also need a dispeller, preferably one like Sun Fac, B2, or Plo Koon that can dispel out of turn. The last 2 spots can be played around with a bit, and I've seen Ani, Yoda, Kit, Fives, Rex, and a few other successful ones.

Oh, I see. Probably read her abilities wrong then.

Dispeller seems mandatory indeed. Plo Koon's damage is rather on the weak side of things, though . And sometimes the dispel doesn't work properly (or at least the random factor can be a problem). He is a Jedi though. Tough choices.

I'll try to experiment around, you have given me enough to work with!

Thank you so much for helping me out, I really appreciate it.

Keep rockin'