Character Idea: Revan

Darlex11
235 posts Member
edited December 2016
Hey guys, there isn't one on the first page of the forum so it must be time for the next obligatory Revan thread (just kidding but not really). Revan is one of the most iconic expanded universe (Legends) characters there is and he is beloved by many. The character essentially spawned an entire universe (the old republic era) that predated the canon lore and in doing so spawned Books, Comics, and Games that built off of that era. Revan, to put it bluntly, is the most influential character in Star Wars that is currently not canon. And I mean that statement both in terms of the star wars universe and in terms of the franchise itself. So with that said, here is my suggestion on how Revan could be implemented in this game.

*Note- most of the abilities in this have been inspired by many other Revan fans and their suggestions so Thanks goes to them for the inspiration.

Revan
Tags: Light Side, Dark Side, Jedi, Sith, Human, Attacker
Precise Blows (Basic): Revan strikes an enemy with his lightsaber dealing damage and inflicting Defense Down for 2 turns. In addition, he has a 15% chance to expose the enemy for 1 turn with it lasting 2 turns on a Critical Strike. (Zeta'd)

Force Enlightenment (Special): Revan focuses on the force, using it to grant himself and all allies Advantage for 2 turns, Defense Up for 2 turns and 35% turn meter. All light side allies gain Foresight for 2 turns. All dark side allies gain retribution for 2 turns. 4 Turn Cooldown.

The Force Unleashed (Special): Revan attunes himself with both the Light & Dark side of the force, drawing on his allies to assault the enemy dealing special damage to all enemies. If the majority of Revans allies are light side, also cleanse all debuffs from all allies and grant Speed Up and Tenacity Up for 2 Turns. If the majority of Revans allies are dark side inflict a Damage over time effect to each enemy and an inflict an addition DoT for each enemy critically hit. If there are equal Light & Dark Side allies, both effects occur (pre-zeta: if light/dark side allies are equal, randomly only the light or dark side bonuses will occur). 4 Turn Cooldown and this ability starts on Cooldown.

Charisma of the Force (Leader): All light side allies gain +25% max health and recover 10% of their max protection each time they use a special ability. All dark side allies gain +30% offense and inflict a Damage over Time effect each time they critically hit an opponent. All allies gain +50 teancity.

Balance of the Force (Unique): At the end of his turn Revan has a 50% chance to gain Foresight and a Heal over Time for 1 turn. If he does not gain Foresight and the HoT then he gains Retribution and Offense Up for 1 turn instead.

The idea behind this character build is to focus on how Revan balanced himself between the dark side and light side of the force and also how this balance showed in his choice of allies from both sides of the force. His greatest strength came from both his balance in the force and varied selection of allies to help him.

Any feedback is appreciated on the character or abilities. Also please remember this is just a suggestion (pipe dream probably) but the intent of this thread isn't to debate the likeliness of the character making it into the game but what the character could actually be like in the game. Thank you for taking the time to read through this and I look forward to any comments/suggestions you have.

Edit: tweaked abilities some to be less overpowered.
Post edited by Darlex11 on

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Not necessarily a pipe dream - they do have his droid, HK47 in the game so Revan is certainly possible.

For looks, I'd like to see him with his iconic cloak and mask wielding two sabers - one purple (as Revan is depicted numerous times with a purple blade) and a red blade (he is also depicted with a red blade as a sith lord) - the choice of these lightsabers clearly show his balance of light and dark.

He was also depicted this way as a force ghost on Korriban in Knights of the Old Republic 2 The Sith Lords.

I like your idea - although he sounds a bit OP, lol
  • Options
    Yea the durations/amounts/buffs are all tweakable to be more balanced. Also I think alot more thought needs to be put into how what he brings could effect the current roster, so with that in mind I think most of his abilities will probably need to be weaker to balance him out.
  • Options
    Bump for the recent news and the outside hope of getting more feedback on my ideas.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a fan, except I think the leader ability is a bit too much. I like the light side/dark side components, but Yoda's leader ability (which is designed around tenacity) only grants an additional 35% tenacity, I think +50% tenacity in addition to the rest of the leader ability is more than it really needs and just a little over the top. Just my opinion though. The rest of his abilities seem fine, and I wouldn't be too worried about his damage being too high considering the recent character releases ;)
  • Options
    I could see that and agree. Tune it back to something like 25% maybe, with all the other abilities? Thanks for the feedback :)
  • Options
    I'll give this thread a bump

With the new CLS and Thrawn and GK and Chaze and all, I think this Revan would fit in perfectly and not be too OP. He sounds powerful, but would be a huge attraction and add a ton more fun into the game, especially with all the possibilities of teams that this could create.
  • Options
    No, enough darkside characters are easily fit into lightside teams, we don't need more disgusting lightside tags period. NO!!! We have four freakin Hans dude. The last thing we need is some Sith with an identity crisis and even more power for the already drastically overpowered and overbuffed lightside. It's insanity.
  • Options
    No, enough darkside characters are easily fit into lightside teams, we don't need more disgusting lightside tags period. NO!!! We have four freakin Hans dude. The last thing we need is some Sith with an identity crisis and even more power for the already drastically overpowered and overbuffed lightside. It's insanity.

Revan would bring in the right kind of Dark Siders though. You're right, we don't need more light side, not before they bring back some of the dark. But with Revan in here, they'd bring Malak and Mandalore and Kreia and on and on... the Dark Side would rise. Some light may come, but DS would definitely have its hayday. Worry not
  • Options
    I do worry because you don't work for EA with these good and sensible ideas. The massive lightside fans are the ones incharge right now. So many darkside toons are collecting dust and becoming fossils waiting for their rework and update. But now, it's just more lightside power leaping over and over. It's not stopping and I doubt it will anytime soon. I'm talking MONTHS.
  • Options
    The idea was more to fit with how Revan is portrayed in the lore than to worry about the light/dark character balance of the game. Honestly I wish they would release more useful dark side characters (Seperatist, First Order, more Sith, etc) but that wasn't a driving factor for his kit. I wanted a kit that showed how Revan utilized/fed off of his allies (light and dark side) and how they made him more rounded & better.
  • Options
    That's what I tried to do with a revan kit I made in Revan Implementation ideas thread.