Tournament start time errors

Sithlord82
59 posts Member
edited December 2016
Hi

This is the text in the latest update

Going Rogue Squad Tournament
Start: Dec 28th-29th (5pm Player Zone time)
Rewards: Cassian U-Wing Ship & Blueprints
Battle against other Galactic Champions to earn the new ship from "Rogue One - A Star Wars Story" - Cassian's U-wing! The event will fire off Wednesday, December 28th at 5pm Player local Zone time and end Thursday, December 29th, 5pm Player Local Zone time.

In my game the Cassion U Wing tournament starts in 7 days and 11 hours.

My game is GMT (DONT ASK THATS A SORE POINT) My actual timezone is PST. Currently it is 7pm PST here meaning it is 3am GMT.

That means the tournament starts at 2pm GMT for me and not at 5pm GMT! This translates to a start and finish time of 6am. According to the notes this should be 5pm GMT (9am PST)

Which is correct? And please for the love of god can we PLEASE have something in place to change timezone. People move! We can't still be tied to one timezone or else a 6am PST tournament (which should be 9am PST) is a gamebreaker!

Replies

• Options
    Just to confirm Cassian tournament started at 2pm GMT today (6am PST) and not the 5pm thats in the notes
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    If your time zone differs from your in game time zone, then please adhere to the in game timezone as the proper start time of the event.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I believe the issue is because they used the vague term of player zone time without defining the player zones.
    All previous "tournaments" there was 3 zones only

Europe
    Asia/Australia/Pacific
    Americas.

All time zones within the zone started at the same time
    Example:
    America's has been starting at 1700/1600/1400 eastern/central/Pacific time.
    You can compete with anyone that is in that zone regardless of the specific timezone within the zone.
    Example I am in the America's region (player zone) and I am eastern time. The last "tournaments" I was on leaderboards with players from central, mountain and Pacific timezones.

All that said it could have changed once again. Trying to get some confirmation from my guild
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon I was adhering to the in game time zone. Should have a 5pm GMT start but have been getting a 2pm GMT start. I did make that clear I thought