Why do we have Bistan?

I mean Bistan is an totally irrelevant character in the movie. I was hoping to see some role for Bistan but that furry has altogether like 7 seconds in the movie.

Totally fail to have a huh who dat toon.

Replies

• Options
    Because he has whiskers?
  • Options
    BenObi007 wrote: »
    Because he has whiskers?
    Tickle me now with dem whiskers
  • Options
    Dude better watch your mouth, bistan be coming to steal yo girl.. #eyebrowrides
  • Options
    +1 OP
    When I went to see the movie, I was looking forward to learn more about Bistan... Well after seeing the movie, I'm still looking to learn more about him! Honestly, this was a bad choice of toon to release... Why bother really?
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    they should release bacta tank vader, he had just as much time as bistan...
  • Options
    Moved to Off-Topic because has some spoilers in it (kinda)
  • Options
    Ikr he shouldn't be in this game... Tarkin, Shoretrooper and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder had more screentime than this guy
    Heck even Leia had about the same amount of screentime...
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. I thought the little guy in the beginning was bistan until the real bistan showed up later. The first little guy had more screen time and character...
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Bistan will have his own prequel trilogy where he travels the galaxy as a mercenary with mini Bistan from Saw's crew before they have their true calling and join the rebellion.
  • Options
    Bistan...short for Bystander.
  • Options
    Here's the real reason: I had the action figures for nearly every single creature in the Cantina or in Jabba's Palace. 80% of them are never seen again, but they are super-cool looking aliens.
    Eventually, in the EU, every single one of them would have an elaborate back-story or whatever, but I did know all of their names (at least the names that Kenner assigned to them). Bistan kinda takes me back to that.
  • Options
    Instead of Bistan...devs should have given us Saw. At least the eye will be twitching.
  • Options
    Tarkin had more screen time than him and he's dead!
  • Options
    EA doesn't want to make the main toons available easily, because they want people to spend money to play as the characters they really like via tournaments. So, they release kinda Rouge One characters, like Bistan and Scariff Rebel so they can claim there are new Rouge One characters for people to play as, without compromising their bank account.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Mark, cause you're a mark.. I mean we're all marks.. at least that's how I feel about it.. total marketing play.. beta.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I mean Bistan is an totally irrelevant character in the movie. I was hoping to see some role for Bistan but that furry has altogether like 7 seconds in the movie.

Totally fail to have a huh who dat toon.

+1,000,000

Although you forgot to put Spoiler in your post heading.

SPOILER ALERT

Bistan is hardly even in the movie, and I would not have even known or would have cared enough to look up his name. This game left me looking for him and was a bit distracting from the movie. Even my son tapped my shoulder when the rebels were having the meeting and we noticed him.
    Post edited by RancorPackGuild on
  • Options
    Let me put it this way. If you had not posted about it. I would have. So confused. He was given a ship in this game. So strange.
  • Options
    Let me put it this way. If you had not posted about it. I would have. So confused. He was given a ship in this game. So strange.
    @RancorPackGuild
    lol I don't think anyone outside of Swgoh knows about Bistan and don't think his name was even mentioned in the movie.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I would rather have Nien Nunb. Just saying. If we have Bistan then Nien Nunb for sure!
  • Options

$$$
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Bistan was my favorite character, I love the way he shot the gun, also the way he shot the gun. Did I mention the awesome part he had when he shot the gun.
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    Here's the real reason: I had the action figures for nearly every single creature in the Cantina or in Jabba's Palace. 80% of them are never seen again, but they are super-cool looking aliens.
    Eventually, in the EU, every single one of them would have an elaborate back-story or whatever, but I did know all of their names (at least the names that Kenner assigned to them). Bistan kinda takes me back to that.

This. Exactly why I feel having Bistan in the game is cool. All the aliens in rogue one were A+ quality compared with the Original trilogy. Even the Gullet thing was dope. Nothing like those stupid rathtars from tfa.
  • Options
    I was hoping he would have a bigger role in the movie tbh,

he was even shown at Star Wars Celebration this year. i was a little gutted, Im still taking him to 7* though
  • Options
    Bistan is not just in this game, he also has his own Lego U-Wing and he is a named character. Honestly I like the character in this game, his DoT on his basic can be very nice and his turn meter reduction is nice as well. He even made an appearance at comi-con before the movie release.
  • Options
    If there's Bistan, then we obviously need Beezer Fortuna.
  • Options
    RogueJinn wrote: »
    If there's Bistan, then we obviously need Beezer Fortuna.
    What's next...the lizard like thing feeding on crumbs falling off Jabba's belly?
  • Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    +1 OP
    When I went to see the movie, I was looking forward to learn more about Bistan... Well after seeing the movie, I'm still looking to learn more about him! Honestly, this was a bad choice of toon to release... Why bother really?
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    +1 OP

Yeah dude, we have BISTAN, the "main" character of Rogue One, but EA didnt even bother in releasing Director Krennic or the Death Trooper
  • Options
    Give us Death Trooper or give us death.. seriously.
  • Options
    Scarif Rebel Pathfinder is a generic soldier. Bistan is a specific soldier.

Jawa is a generic jawa. Dathcha is a specific jawa.

Tuskin Raider is a generic tuskin. Ururrorrurorour is a specific tuskin.

There are lots of generic characters that are intended to represent the various interesting background characters that fill up the movies as warm bodies to get shot at, and for many of them you also get specific characters that are drawn from them. They might have a rich backstory--like Luminara (a specific Jedi Consular, even her ability set is basically the same)--or they might have no backstory yet, like Bistan.

Keep in mind as well--Boba Fett was a generic mook in the movies. He didn't get his backstory until years later.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »

This is it. Not only every character in the cantina, but also all of Jabba's crew, including Ephant Mon, who barely even made the movie! And the Ewoks too, all have names, with toys for each.