Does anyone else hate duo synergy?

Okay, I'm tired of posting this on different threads so I'm just going to create my own. I hate duo synergy. When a bonus applies to an entire faction, we can get pretty creative with the teams we build. If a leader ability applies only to Jedi, we have the freedom to select any Jedi we want to put on the team, as well as the responsibility to decide at what point an elite non-Jedi that would miss out on getting the leader bonus is more valuable than another Jedi. With duo synergy, all of that freedom goes away. You either use Biggs and Wedge, or you use neither. There is no creatively thinking of new teams that could maximize the passive. There is no trying to decide whether a powerful non-Rebel is worth more than a slightly weaker Rebel that would get the passive bonus. There are only three slots remaining on the team, because Wiggs MUST be used as a pair.
Does anybody else feel like all these duo synergies are sucking the fun and creativity out of this game?

Replies

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Nope. Pairs who were always together in the movies/shows are fun together. It's also made useless toons good. (Biggs is garbage without Wedge) And plenty of these duos have at least one of the pair that's awesome single handedly. Wedge is good without Biggs. Anakin almost never leaves my arena team, but I don't use Ahsoka there. But they're fun to put together on the AAT raid P1. Love duo synergy, and I'd love to see more.
  • Options
    The trade off of running duo is you need two slots. It's up to you to decide if it is worth the gain of the synergy buff.
    No problem at all with duo synergy. I think it adds a nice strategic twist to team setups.
  • Options
    The speed system is what kills creativity in this game.
  • Options
    Although duo synergies sometimes seem strong, they become seriously weak when you take out one of the 2. This makes your squad more vulnerable. Sure, Wedge by himself is still strong if you kill Biggs but at that point I would rather swap Wedge out for a single stronger overall toon.
  • Options
    I think it does reduce creativity. Looking at my arena it's all wiggs, ST Han,and either Lando, palp, shore
    The only variation is which character people use outside of the garenteed three, wiggs, and st Han. And the only way I can really tell I'll win a battle is by checking the speed on their Han to know if my team will go first. I am in the top 10 of a hyper competitive December shard so it makes sense to not see as much variation but it's still getting stale.
  • Options
    Aglardae wrote: »
    The speed system is what kills creativity in this game.
    I have to admit, I liked the old speed system much better. The tiered system meant every battle was unique.
  • Options
    I like it, when done right, especially the Poe/Finn one. Now Finn has a Taunt.
  • Options
    Nope, I like it. I enjoy playing the characters as they should be. Pairs enhances the ability to play them like they should.

I have always disliked playing EP with a Jedi or RG with a rebel. Seems out of sorts. I enjoy playing jedi together or empire or rebels and I like pairing biggs with wedge and baze with chirrut. It seems more fun and authentic. Not to mention it makes you work harder to get those pairs geared and leveled and stars.

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I am on the fence.... One hand the synergies can be sooo good that its pointless not to use them (wiggs) which limits team compositions.

If the synergy is too week it won't matter and both toons will have to fit the squad.

I will add these simplify metas and team comps and limit strategy cause 2 characters are basically treated as one.