Tournament Points

Anyone know if the point scale is purely based on rank or is there a time component as well? Seems like 2 tourneys ago I didn't start till the 2nd day in and the award points were already lowered before I even made a single attack, but that may just be faulty memory and not reality.

My strategy is to wait, not even set a def team till a few hours before the tourney ends, then use my lower toons on the lower ranked players to conserve ally points and burn everything in one marathon run. Obviously this would not work if there is a point reduction based on time.

Replies

• Options
    Anyone? Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...
  • Options
    That strategy doesn't work.

You get points based on where you are in the tournament and where your opponents are. The matches offered every time you refresh are people within a certain distance around you in the tournament. You're never going to find yourself facing off against #1 if you're #2000, for example. The higher you climb the ranks, the fewer points you get from each match. It's not based on time or anything.

Look, the moral of the story is don't overthink this thing. Everyone is convinced it's some wildly complicated system that they can game to their advantage, but each tournament has shown that it's actually very simple and foolproof. New shards are created as old ones fill up, then after a certain amount of time new players who tried to game things in their favor by joining late are filtered into existing shards where they're now at the bottom and have less time to do their fights (this is a little bit better now that tournaments are 24 hours, so you aren't a full refresh behind everyone else).

Join early, join late, it doesn't matter. There's no secret strategy to this thing, just join and start fighting.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    That is unless you're like me against opponents 4-10k difference in power again like the last tournament.
    Matchmaking for me is a farce for me yet again & have no idea why.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    It's not based on rank but on how many points you have and how many points the person you're attacking has