Out of sim tickets? Anybody else?

All of the sudden noticed am out of sim tickets, when I used to have thousands in the past.
Probably was a huge nerf of how many tickets you get, and didnt notice.

This is one of the things that I think should never be a problem. The grind is already **** hard with gear, levels, etc.

Anybody experience the same?

Replies

• Options
    1400. Seems to be holding up fairly well.
  • Options
    I'm ftp and have over 3000 of them. I don't understand how folks have so few... do you guys eat them?
    I fight the good fight
  • Options
    I ran out too but I think it's because I've been gearing up a lot of my characters and simming a lot of battles.
  • Options
    I dont know...
    As a rule I use all my energy on battles and sim them all daily, in addition to challenges.
    So I use lots of sim tickets.

But I never had a problem, and all of the sudden I am out.
    Probably something was nerfed in terms of how many you get from a certain event.
    Which is very stupid because simming should never be a problem in this game, grind is hard as it is.
  • Options
    Hmm, I find it odd that you would run out. I have never run out before. Luckily for you they are fairly cheap to buy from shipments.
  • Options
    Yeah, now and again (some days I'll have more than enough, others I will refresh and still not have enough). I do think there is a bottleneck on sim tickets (unless you have a large supply of crystals). I don't know whether there was a reduction from daily rewards or whether it is because I have more to grind now.

Actually, I think there are too many bottlenecks in this game (actually I think the problem is the amount of different currency/resources). It's still a really enjoyable game but when it includes: Crystals, Credits, Ability Mats, Character Shards, Gear, Training Droids, Energy, Cantina Energy, Ship Credits, Ship Enhancement Droids, Ship Ability Mats, Ship Shards etc. (probably some I've missed and some that maybe shouldn't be listed but you get the idea), I think there needs to be some slimming down
  • Options
    I've run out of sim tickets a lot of times during the last 6 months.

Basically, if you sim cheap-energy nodes, you will run out of them slowly. Simple maths, if you get cantina energy, you get 120 energy + 10 sim tickets. If you sim lvl 1-2 cantina nodes (8 energy), you will slowly drain your tickets. The same happens with regular energy (120 energy + 20 tickets per refill). If you need to farm anything from 1-2-3-4 normal nodes (**** Mk 3 Droid Callers) you will spend 6 energy, and you will be around the same number of tickets as you will receive some tickets by node drops eventually. Add challenges to this mix, et voila.

I just decided to purchase some tickets on shop from time to time to avoid this problem.
  • Options
    Everyday for me as I sim everything! It's a curse!
  • Options
    I am always running out, I have 3 accounts and they are ALL starving for Sim Tickets. Yes I buy 2 50 crystal Energies a day, yes I sim everything (even when I am going for low gear, yes I could build up sims other ways by autoing them but reasons).
  • Options
    Autoing is my plan of action, I save my crystals for other things and just auto stuff. It can be a pain at times but it keeps my sim ticket count high up and I never run out
  • Options
    I had over 800 before the mutli-sim and being able to sim challenges came out. Now I am out have to buy them daily.
    I agree with Jordanson that it mostly is a result of where you farm. I have been focused on SRP, then Lando in Cantina at 8 energy, and picking up a lot of blue gear and holo projectors from the lower energy nodes. It eats away at the daily ticket allotment quickly. I think the devs should just remove the sim tickets and have sim as a standard feature without ticket requirement. It is a nuisance to have to manage sim tickets and takes away from the gaming experience.
  • Options
    Ive always got 1500+, holding at 1600 atm
    I refresh up until the 200 on both cantina and normal everyday... really dont get how people run out
  • Options
    @DarthBlartMC

Yeah but the thing I dont understand, is I have played for about 1 year and this never happened to me before.
    It just felt surprising as I always had way too many sim tickets. I think maybe there was a complaint from people saying "we always get too many useless tickets", and they decided to make them less available, which is bad. But I dont know maybe I am imagining things.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nope still over 4k
  • Options
    vector6000 wrote:

Yeah but the thing I dont understand, is I have played for about 1 year and this never happened to me before.
    It just felt surprising as I always had way too many sim tickets. I think maybe there was a complaint from people saying "we always get too many useless tickets", and they decided to make them less available, which is bad. But I don't know maybe I am imagining things.

Are you F2p?
    As you get more toons and grind more gear you will eat more sims, as well as the challenges that are now sim, that were not in the past. The challenges alone eat 8 a day if you sim them. Then there is the 600 energy for your guild that eats tickets. Then added content with the ships, that is 3 more sims a day. It adds up fast. Whales and such don't notice it because they buy energy multiple times a day.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    vector6000 wrote:

It just felt surprising as I always had way too many sim tickets. I think maybe there was a complaint from people saying "we always get too many useless tickets", and they decided to make them less available, which is bad. But I don't know maybe I am imagining things.

Are you F2p?
    As you get more toons and grind more gear you will eat more sims, as well as the challenges that are now sim, that were not in the past. The challenges alone eat 8 a day if you sim them. Then there is the 600 energy for your guild that eats tickets. Then added content with the ships, that is 3 more sims a day. It adds up fast. Whales and such don't notice it because they buy energy multiple times a day.

I only 50/50 and 1 cantina on cantina energy day...still never run out.

You know you can auto challenges, right?
  • Options
    i'm out everyday
  • Options
    GUYS, I got it...

Cantina (light + dark) battles dont give out anymore sim tickets, even though they should as reward.
  • Options
    I'm impatient and use them when I get them, so seeing people act like a couple thousand is normal is pretty shocking to me.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I had over 800 before the mutli-sim and being able to sim challenges came out. Now I am out have to buy them daily.
    I agree with Jordanson that it mostly is a result of where you farm. I have been focused on SRP, then Lando in Cantina at 8 energy, and picking up a lot of blue gear and holo projectors from the lower energy nodes. It eats away at the daily ticket allotment quickly. I think the devs should just remove the sim tickets and have sim as a standard feature without ticket requirement. It is a nuisance to have to manage sim tickets and takes away from the gaming experience.

Because of those reasons I've had to purchase them as well, so it seems after they added ship things to sim and challenges to sim they fixed the sim ticket problem (the fact that no one had to purchase them before), so not likely to change back to non-use non-purchase.

But if you auto some things and don't purchase too many low energy nodes you can build them up again, but of course it takes longer to play daily which it seems is a bad thing in this case..

O
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    There are many blue and green gears that drop on 10 energy nodes in addition to the purple gear. It's advisable to farm those gears there. They drop at a higher rate per sim than the 6 energy version. This will help with sim tickets.

I don't do this for mk3 callers and eyeballs though, as the purple gear on the 10 nodes is not very valuable.