Why do so many people have one toon in their arena teams?

Is this some sort of protest to the ridiculous imbalance of the new toons? Looking at the top of my tournament shard, it's a bunch of mega whales and each only has a character or two in their arena team.

Replies

• Options
    Ego man - come at me bro.
  • Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    Ego man - come at me bro.

Wouldn't having a big ego mean putting Chirrut and Baze in your arena team just to make sure you never lose a defense?
  • Options
    Inactivity?
  • Options
    Flamethrow wrote: »
    Inactivity?

If they're inactive they wouldn't be #1 in a tournament and still be top 10 in arena with only one character
  • Options
    Naw - If I were super whale and had (insert favorite new meta here) all maxed out, sure, I'd pit my single dude against a squad just to see what happens.
  • Options
    A lot of the top guys work together if they have different payouts. After a guy gets his payout he puts in a team that can be easily beat so his friend can get #1 for his payout.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Once your in the top you face the same people. Makes it easier for them to hold top payout.
  • Options
    Probably sharing payout with others. Giving a buddy an easy win.
  • Options
    People also drop mods, if they want to be less obvious.
  • Options
    Some form of baking cupcakes, I'd wager.
  • Options
    Cheaters. That's my guess. They are wiping out cheaters illegitimate characters.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options
    Someone already said it above. Top spots look out for each other...when someone has a payout, many people will put change their team to one person -- often someone ridiculous like CUP or Ugnaught, for a relatively easy win...after they drop a few spots they'll change it back and hold there.

Someone called me out after I threw Ugnaught up after my payout a month or two ago...it was hilarious cuz he said the same thing, I must be cheating...but it spawned quite a few people doing it in protest of the call-out, including at least a dozen of my own guildies on their server...which must have looked hilarious since on that server, they basically own the Top 15 spots.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • C3pain0
    157 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cheaters. That's my guess. They are wiping out cheaters illegitimate characters.

No @Widget_gadget ...They are giving up the top spot...Skykrak was in my tourney shard with only a max boba arena team...He is no cheat only the largest whale in the sea...