Emperor Palpatine a must ?

Just unlocked him at 5 stars, nothing more nothing less. Just wondering if he is a big game changer and worth the farm because I figure that a wiggs team would be more than enough to beat his empire team, so i'm contemplating whether to go for him or just stick to rebel farming? Chirrut and Baze alone can 2v5 his whole team so what's the reasoning behind going for him? Thanks!!!
https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

I 7* FOTP without using any energy refreshes, get on my level

Replies

• Options
    Yes he is aweosme. Just don't fight Chirrut teams. I run an Empire team in arena with him lead. Finish anywhere from 1-10. Rebel farming is also a safe bet though. If you want something different go Empire.

I'm not sure how your Galactic Wars are but if you struggle he is a huge help there.
  • Options
    EP is def a must, esp 4 tank raid, EP 7* or bust 4 heroic AAT
  • Options
    He is one of the best characters. Not everybody that has him uses him in arena. He goes very well in empire teams. I can't wait to use him under maul zeta. It will be a long time before the event is back if you don't max him this time. Get the rebels you want. It might take so long to come back that you could rely on a rogue one rebel going f2p if you choose to wait to next time.
    He is one the funest toons and can help you greatly in many situations. Very easy to gear up
  • Options
    I got him at 7* the first time around and have him at G11. I don't use him in Arena, but he is great in GW in raids. Could you use him in Arena? Sure, he's certainly viable with high enough speed and potency.
  • Options
    100% a must. He is used in arena, raids, and he is by far one of (if not ) the absolute best leaders and characters for GW.
  • Options
    If you want to run EP in an empire team in arena, then shoretrooper is pretty much a requirement if you want to rank high. Without him, then enemy wiggs and droid teams will decimate your EP before he gets to take a turn, and maybe even your TFP too. With Shore there, it forces these high damage teams to focus all their damage out onto shore, so that the rest of your team can actually be there to land all their debuffs so you can control the match, which is the way you have to play empire.

If you have Shore, run EP (L), Vader, TFP, Shore, RG (RG can be subbed for b2 or Sun Fac)

If you don't have Shore, probably better to give full empire a miss and just stick EP in behind your classic Wiggs/Lando/StH team for the shocks and AoE stuns