Can Jyn ai please not use rebel counterattack as her first move?

CookieCrispp
555 posts Member
edited December 2016
Right. So, let's talk poor ai priorities. Can we please have ai Jyn not use rebel counterattack as her first move?

I understand that the tm gain for a second character (with advantage) is a very solid opening, but I think that the ai would benefit far greater from only prioritizing this move after a character has died. Additionally, with the ai having to choose another character to gain tm, there is easily a 2-3/4 chance that the ai will choose someone suboptimal.

Consider: if we remove rebel counterattack from the priority list until someone has died, Jyns opening looks like: truncheon strike, press the attack, repeat until some rebel dies, then use your advantage to do a crit aoe to revive them. This provides an actual tempo and value to her revive, as well as emphasizing her own leadership (debuffs).

Additionally, this has the advantage of strengthening Jyn on defense, making her revive play an actual part of matches, which are basically decided within the first two rounds of combat (after the first two-three rounds I assume that the human decision making provides an insurmountable advantage over the ai).

Tldr: Jyn using her rebel counterattack as her opening makes no sense.
Basically takes her revive out of matches.
It's called a counterattack, don't open with it .-.