Ships crashing (part 2)

Crashed 3 times while doing Tarkin challenge. Today out of my 5 ship arena tries I've crashed twice already. This is starting to get really frustrating. I can't even move up the ship arena rank cause I can't even do one freaking ship battle. Makes zero sense. I can play every other aspect of this game and have no problems..but with ships I can't play a single battle or challenge w/o crashing.

The ship update is going on a month of release and still hasn't been fixed. A quick search of "ships crashing" and there are a lot of other people having the same problems.

Please Ea/CG if you value your paying customers or rather..ALL your Swgoh gaming community...please resolve this with more haste. Nothing will make me tighten up my wallet and refuse to spend a single cent faster than a game that has been released and has broken content.

If I was the only one having this issue then the problem would be with something on my end..be it my device, my internet etc. And I would be 100% perfectly fine knowing I need a new device or faster internet. But it's not only me, a quick "ships crashing" search shows its others having the same issue. When I can play everything and I mean everything else in the game with zero crashing problems but when I play ship challenges and ship arena and can't even finish a single fight cause of the crashing..then its difinitly something going on on the games end of the server.

Please resolve this with more haste, a month is more than enough time to have figured out the problem and implement the appropriate fix for ships constant crashing.

Replies

• Options
    Update...5 daily ship arena attempts and 5 crashes today. Dropped in arena big time. I could of used crystals to refresh but why??? Spend crystals to waste on attempts that result in more crashes.. I don't think so.

I'm beyond fed up with this. I've never played a game that was riddled with bugs and left like this for over a month now. I'm surprised this company is even in business still.

Quite annoyed with this game at the moment. I've got the mind to contact Apple and request compensation back. Sad thing is it's not just me having ship arena crashing issues. If it was only me complaining that would be one thing but it's not. Many others are also experiencing ships crashing. I don't know what's taking so long for this to be fixed. Maybe focus on bugs instead of working on the next big thing to make a quick buck.

I'm not trying to be a **** here..but I'm pretty frustrated with ships crashing and nothing being done about it..all the while there is this constant spam to buy, buy, buy.

I've played for over a year now and have been able to play every part of this game. I'd almost rather you remove ships from this game all together, cause I'd much rather a fun game experience to this ship crashing nonsense.
  • KillaB
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Stupid game been doing the crash **** long time now not every now and then...all the time since a week after ships came out plessssssssss fix ya game yours **** offed killaB
  • Options
    I have the same issue.
  • Options
    same here.
  • Options
    Update: Months later I still crash. Recently I bought my daughter a new iPhone. I downloaded Swgoh and sign in through Gamecenter to access my account. The difference is insanely crazy. I can do all 5 ship battles, all 12 GW nodes, basically I can do every single thing there is to do in 1 sitting and not experience a single crash.

It looks like older generation iPads have trouble with crashing on this game(at least mine does) and I have 3 of them. All of which does the exact same thing...crash, crash, crash when doing ships. It's quite sad because I started playing this game in December of 2015 and never had problems before.

New updates with more defined graphics doesn't work well with older generation ipad2s. It always worked before...now if you want a good game experience you have to buy new devices. Which is messed up honestly. Good news is I can finally compete in ship battles now, what sucks is that I needed to play on a newer device to do so.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey i hav a dumb question, have you tried a fresh install? (Write down your id and code first)
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    Hey i hav a dumb question, have you tried a fresh install? (Write down your id and code first)

Yeah man I've tried everything and I mean everything. Completely erased my iPad 2 numerous times, checked my internet connection, deleted the game redownloaded the game, made sure nothing in running in the background, have the latest updates on IOS, checked my meomory(6.8GB available) nothing that they be told me helped.

Only thing that worked was playing on a new device lol.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    Our team has reviewed this particular issue and implemented underlying framework for improved memory during ship battles on low end devices. To ensure all bases are covered for troubleshooting, it would help to know what OS the iPad is on and ensure you have the latest version of the game installed.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Hiya!
    Our team has reviewed this particular issue and implemented underlying framework for improved memory during ship battles on low end devices. To ensure all bases are covered for troubleshooting, it would help to know what OS the iPad is on and ensure you have the latest version of the game installed.

@CG_Kozispoon That's good to hear. My ipad2 is updated with the most current IOS available at the moment. IOS version 9.3.5
  • Options
    Are there specific issues for the Motorola Moto Z? This phone is less than a year old and a little insulted if it's considered a 'low-end' device. Otherwise this problem persists.
  • Options
    I playing on iPhone 4S... at the begining few months ago i started playing everything was perfect smooth.. after i unlocked fleet battles 60+ lvl... game constantly crashing. I have the same problem, i was able to do ships battle at the begining but now (75 lvl) no chance.... Game crushing every time i wanted to play fleet battles. And lately game crushing even during light/dark side battles, cantina battles... just almost in every action. if i play 10 minutes without crushing it's miracle :(
    Do i have to buy a new phone or can i solve the problem another way?
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    I'm on an iPod (6th gen), and my game has crashed twice since the "quality of life" update came out:
    1) I had a ship battle on 2x or 4x speed, and my game completely froze up. This was the first day or two after the Quality of Life update came out.
    2) Today my iPod completely froze up when doing a regular non-ship battle. Again, I had it on 2x or 4x speed. I sometimes get pauses lasting a few seconds when the game is on a faster speed. That's what happened today, except that the game didn't recover and the iPod become totally unresponsive. It always happens during an attack, and usually as the attack is hitting the opponent.

My OS is v10.2.1. I have 12GB of free space.

I should mention that I use the speed ups, both 2x and 4x, pretty regularly in both ships and squad battles, and I've only had these 2 crashes.
  • Options
    Seems like the more updates come out the more I'm noticing crashing not only on ships but arena, GWs etc. Today I had crashed 3 times in GWs. That never happens. Not sure if it's the games coding but I know for sure it isn't my internet.

When I play on an iphone6 I never crash. But as for as my iPad 2 I can get ready for crashing at some point or time on this game. What's crazy is that I never used to crash before and ipad2s aren't lower spec devices either.

How I have been able to progress on this game despite the constant crashing in nothing short than pure determination on my part. If I didn't have a iPhone to do ship battles I probably would have quit long ago.