Tournament Question

Does anyone have a proof of entering a tournament when
- You log in the game ?
- When you actually set your defense squad ?

If there is not reset for tournaments anymore why should I bother enter early If I can get more points per match if I start from the bottom while having a chance to get a fresh server right at the end ?

Replies

• Options
    When you set your defensive squad. I enter at the same time as a few EU guildies and we always get on the same shard. If one of us joins later, we get on a different one.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    At some point during the day, instead of putting late joiners into new tournaments, they get filtered into older tournaments that weren't quite full. So waiting right till the end just puts you into an older tourney shard anyway.

There's no getting around the system; players have tried starting super early, super late, certain times, you never end up on a smaller or easier shard. It's all RNG no matter what time of day.
  • Options
    When you set your defensive squad. I enter at the same time as a few EU guildies and we always get on the same shard. If one of us joins later, we get on a different one.

Thanks for that, I can play the game and enter at the end of the tournaments then
  • Options
    lRushl wrote: »

Thanks for that, I can play the game and enter at the end of the tournaments then
    Nope actually. After a certain number of shards are made you get thrown onto the end of one of the first ones.
  • lRushl
    182 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    War wrote: »
    At some point during the day, instead of putting late joiners into new tournaments, they get filtered into older tournaments that weren't quite full. So waiting right till the end just puts you into an older tourney shard anyway.

There's no getting around the system; players have tried starting super early, super late, certain times, you never end up on a smaller or easier shard. It's all RNG no matter what time of day.

I know but the more points they have, the more points you'll get. If you play early you'll get points locked really quickly whereas at the end of a tourney you can get high points for a longer period of time

• Options

I know but the more points they have, the more points you'll get. If you play early you'll get points locked really quickly whereas at the end of a tourney you can get high points for a longer period of time
    That's not how it works
  • Options

Nope actually. After a certain number of shards are made you get thrown onto the end of one of the first ones.

I get that, but how could you know that this is the first shards
  • lRushl
    182 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

That's not how it works

It is, it's the difference of points between you and your opponent. If you have 0 and 70% of the tourney have +3000 you'll get high points until that 70% point
    It's also a ratio with your bracket rank reward
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options

I always thought that is what it was. But if you even enter the event where you would set your defense squad then exit you will get entered in "tournament" I went in just to try and look at prize tiers and backed out without confirming my defense squad. Someone else I chat with saw me on their leaderboard. So don't event go into the event till you want to join.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

That's not how it works

It is, it's the difference of points between you and your opponent. If you have 0 and 70% of the tourney have +3000 you'll get high points until that 70% point

It's not based off the bracket or difference of points, otherwise when you drop out of a bracket you'd start earning higher points again. It's based off how many points you've accumulated.

If it were based off bracket or difference in points, I could start early nabbing high point fights. Then wait till I've dropped a bunch and farm myself back up with higher point gains again.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options

That's not how it works

It's not based off the bracket or difference of points, otherwise when you drop out of a bracket you'd start earning higher points again. It's based off how many points you've accumulated.

If it were based off bracket or difference in points, I could start early nabbing high point fights. Then wait till I've dropped a bunch and farm myself back up with higher point gains again.

Per update notes it is scaled on difference between your total accumulated points and your opponents.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69338/game-update-9-28-2016
    Players earn points in combat for each enemy unit they defeat and earn bonus points for their surviving units. These points scale based on the difference in cumulative points between the player and opponent.

Dropping down is not going to be a huge difference in points between you and your opponents.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Well that's interesting, I wonder if it still works that way? They've made so many changes to tournaments since September that I'm not sure how accurate those patch notes are anymore? It would be such an easy exploit that they must have done something to counter it, than again 24 hour tourneys are still a new thing.

I may or may not try starting late if my schedule allows for it. Worth a shot I guess, but only for Vader's TIE. Not going try anything different for tournament characters I'm not interested in.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Well that's interesting, I wonder if it still works that way? They've made so many changes to tournaments since September that I'm not sure how accurate those patch notes are anymore? It would be such an easy exploit that they must have done something to counter it, than again 24 hour tourneys are still a new thing.

I may or may not try starting late if my schedule allows for it. Worth a shot I guess, but only for Vader's TIE. Not going try anything different for tournament characters I'm not interested in.

I will also say, the last 2 "tournaments" that the opponents I saw that had lower point totals than me were always the lowest point payout options, the guys in 1st or 2nd that had a sizable lead were the higher payout options, definitely not as high as when first start with 0 and are climbing, and then the ones with more but close were the middle point options.

With the scaling on points total falling back is not really that exploitable because it tends to show you opponents close to you and you are only falling back as people are getting more points than you be it 1 point or 100 points. The point spreads are very minimal once you get in the higher ranks.

I am sure they have it on some algorithm to ensure you get minimal points at some point. Dropping from rank 5 to rank 100 you are most likely not going to get the guy in first as an option to battle.
  • Options

That makes no sense
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Right before you enter your tournament just keep repeating "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me", and it will be OK no matter what.
  • Options

That makes no sense

If you start early u get 6 or 7 points a character but after ten fights your getting 3 points a character because your top ten, so after 20 fights u have say 1500...
    then 6 hours later your rank 800...

If u wait and start late you will keep getting 6 or 7 points a character for your first 20 battles and end up with say 3000 points and a top 200 score.
  • Options
    I'll try for the tie advance to get into the top 25 this way and let you guy's know.