Opinions about the tusken shaman

I got him in a 350 pack awhile back and have started farming him from the fleet store.i was wonder if anyone has worked on him and if he is any good?

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    He has new potential for raids when in a team with a Darth Vader Zeta ability lead?
  • Options
    I think he's only useful in phase 1 of the rancor raid, and you don't even need him for it.
  • Options
    I will still work on him then.i do not do very well in p1 of the rancor raid.idk how long it will take me to zeta Vader,but it has got me very interested.thanks for the input.
  • Options
    I like him. Cool character
  • Options
    Nobody's given more or better PR to the Tuscan Shaman than Zeta Vader. Nobody.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    He's awful. Has almost no utility anywhere in the game and there are much better rancor raid squads.
    Post edited by Dooku_for_days on
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    We need more tuskens
  • Options
    Tukken shaman can't even **** p1 of rancor...
  • Meeraval_Marnath1
    373 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You would be better off building Jedi for P1 Rancor. Shaman is a pure vanity toon. If you have an affinity for him out just want him for the sake of competences, by all means, have fun. But unless you're a whale, I could easily think of literally 40-50 toons who are more useful. I'd advise you to cut your losses and move in to something else.
  • Options
    Youtube has some good info reviews on pretty much all Characters, idk if you knew this or not or if you couldn't find a review on him but youtube is a good place to get opinions in addition to this forum.
    -FightinPhantom 303rd/720th Mile High City
    191568986 Ally Code
    Phightin.Phantom@gmail.com
  • Options
    I'll give you a real-world answer since I'm not sure how many in here actually have him built.

I have him 7*, gear X. Modded with health/protection, Omega'd less unique. His only fault is his unique, which applies only to Tuskens. Arguably one of the best healers in the entire game, plus with the full health refill for your whole team you get offense up. His basic, STACKS DOTs like crazy, because it's not based on chance, it's what it does. One DOT if the enemy is clean, two if they're already debuffed. This applies every turn.

I use him on my AAT Raid DOT team. So IG-88(L), Vader, Boba, Tusken Shaman, and Phasma for advantage (more crits). This team is very good, VERY good, for their purpose. I have Shaman at 185 speed currently. He's fast, his armor is good so his health/prot doesn't disintegrate on one hit, he heals, he constantly debuffs (I've gotten 10 DOTs planted on the AAT fro him alone before it had a chance to go, every go-around.)

My personal opinion, he's one of my favorites to use. He's a solid toon. If they were to tweak his unique even simply to apply to "all allies", he would be better. If they fancied his unique up a bit with the new-style re-work types, he'd be GREAT. Gearing him up is a bit rough, but IMO worth-it. I had no one else to farm, (had him at 5* by the time they sent him to shipments), so I decided to make him a project.

I wasn't expecting much, but was very, pleasantly surprised. But as I've mentioned prior, and even started a feedback thread on, his unique is his handicap at the moment. Unless they release a Tusken attacker that really does threatening damage, it's useless with TR & Ur'or.

So, there's that. My opinion and my opinion alone, others' are welcome to argue/disagree. If you've got no one else to work on, he's definitely worth consideration. I would dare to say essential, for a solid DOT team.
  • Options
    I believe his stat multipliers are still bugged? I've never seen patch notes saying that they fixed him.
  • Options
    HaronKhast wrote: »
    I believe his stat multipliers are still bugged? I've never seen patch notes saying that they fixed him.

Yes, still unfixed to-date. And he's still decent. However, hoping they bump his multipliers and stats soon now that more and more people will be gearing him.
  • Options
    Run Shaman with Zeta Vader. It probably won't be arena viable, but it will be fun for the rancor raid and GW.