Who wants the old speed system back?

When SWGoH first launched, there was an entirely different "tiered" speed system. I won't explain it, but here's Team Instinct's explanation: http://www.teaminstinct.net/swgoh-guide/speed-and-you-a-team-instinct-special/
Who else wants this to return? It would massively reduce the importance of speed secondaries, which would allow us to actually pay attention to mod stats other than speed. It would also make battles more interesting. If we're gonna be fighting the same team in arena over and over, at least mix up the turn order a bit. Mostly though, speed secondaries would be less important, so we would be able to actually focus on other pieces of the mod, and not blindly sim until a high-speed mod comes up.

Replies

• Options
    That post is like 8 pages long, I got bored just scrolling the page without even reading it. ADHD is the new norm.
  • Options
    How exactly in a turn based game(based on speed values for turn order) is it not gonna be about speed?
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    That post is like 8 pages long, I got bored just scrolling the page without even reading it. ADHD is the new norm.

So you took the time to look(not read). Then you also took the time to complain. Instead of complaining about your own problems why don't you try to contribute next time.
  • Options
    I remember that system. It was unnecessarily confusing. All they need to do is to nerf the secondary speed mod numbers.
  • Options

How exactly in a turn based game(based on speed values for turn order) is it not gonna be about speed?

Getting into the top tier is still important. Once you're there, you can focus on other stats. Certain characters would reach that threshold easier than others, so they would have more flexibility in their mods.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    IMO no, that system was flawed.
    A faster character should get to go first.
    It is called a turn meter bar when it fills character take a turn, so the character that fills it the fastest should go first.
  • Options

So you took the time to look(not read). Then you also took the time to complain. Instead of complaining about your own problems why don't you try to contribute next time.

The article does have a lot of unnecessary lines in it, and too many I's and you's to be professional
  • Options

Getting into the top tier is still important. Once you're there, you can focus on other stats. Certain characters would reach that threshold easier than others, so they would have more flexibility in their mods.

But speed is still the key to being competitive, which is my point. And the argument I was making. How do you make a system based around speed not about speed?

• Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

The article does have a lot of unnecessary lines in it, and too many I's and you's to be professional

Their ADHD allows them to complain but not to inform themselves?

ADHD is not the new "norm." It's seems more so that ignorance is.
  • Options
    Or we need to change the other stats a bit to make them more impactful.
  • Options
    I don't know about how it used to work, I just want it to work correctly right now..... It is broken. I have spent gems and tons of credits to get speed mods on my toons only to see my team not go first in Arena. I'm not understanding the point of speed mods anymore if it is not to determine Who Goes First.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    SpamFolder wrote: »
    I don't know about how it used to work, I just want it to work correctly right now..... It is broken. I have spent gems and tons of credits to get speed mods on my toons only to see my team not go first in Arena. I'm not understanding the point of speed mods anymore if it is not to determine Who Goes First.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/819623/#Comment_819623
  • SpamFolder
    95 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    Trollthekhan stop trolling any and every thread you can find. ADHD for life

I'm pretty much fine with speed as it is, even at a massive deficit to whales.

If you're gonna complain about anything, the problem is that first turn advantage actually matters, and teams can get you outta there before you even manage to have all your guys have an effect. First turn is why speed secondaries matter SO much, apart from also being the best stats, and first turn shouldn't be THAT important. More drawn out battles perhaps through less damage is what you want

Although I'm kind of fine with how it is now and new characters' abilities and taunts have somewhat balanced out dps ruining battles

Having said that most battles I have are still dependent on RNG from the first round which isn't great.
  • Options

But speed is still the key to being competitive, which is my point. And the argument I was making. How do you make a system based around speed not about speed?

Speed is still the key to being competitive, but the difference between 180 speed and 190 speed wouldn't matter until the third turn of the battle, and the battle is typically decided by then. Since a speed difference of a few points typically wouldn't make a difference until several rounds into the battle, speed would become less important in mods. Right now, having a bunch of +25 speed mods gives you a massive advantage over somebody using the same character with +20 speed mods, but with the old system it wouldn't make that big of a difference.
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Speed is still the key to being competitive, but the difference between 180 speed and 190 speed wouldn't matter until the third turn of the battle, and the battle is typically decided by then. Since a speed difference of a few points typically wouldn't make a difference until several rounds into the battle, speed would become less important in mods. Right now, having a bunch of +25 speed mods gives you a massive advantage over somebody using the same character with +20 speed mods, but with the old system it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

In the old system speed could overlap. Which they removed from in this one. So as soon as you reach 1000 and your turn is over it resets to "0". So it's still a race to see who goes first except high speed doesn't have the advantage after their turn is over.

That's if I'm remembering how both systems work/worked correctly.

• Options
    If so informed you are, why remember you not?
  • Options

Cardiff0 wrote: »

I tried leaving you alone but you Insist on having my attention. You aren't trolling me anymore, you are now harassing me. You are looking for pages I am on and targeting me specifically. I'm flattered that you are taking time out of your day for me, truly I am. But this is childish. Say whatever you want. I will no longer acknowledge you and you will get no further reaction from me.

• Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »

I tried leaving you alone but you Insist on having my attention. You aren't trolling me anymore, you are now harassing me. You are looking for pages I am on and targeting me specifically. I'm flattered that you are taking time out of your day for me, truly I am. But this is childish. Say whatever you want. I will no longer acknowledge you and you will get no further reaction from me.

Lol.. you are too much..... I came to one thread to comment and told you very quickly to stop trolling every thread you find, you are very aggressive to people but can't take a word of valid criticism against you! I will continue to say this when I see your troll comments diverting and ruining threads.
  • Options
    No! That system made no sense and was just more rng which we don't need.
  • Options
    No! That system made no sense and was just more rng which we don't need.

Heard it was quite bad(after all Poe was the meta, UCK). I don't think you have anything to worry about, it's not coming back.
  • Options
    I like that the current way speed is calculated is much simpler, 201 goes before 200. However the old system left more up to RNG and also made AI's better on defense. It made the arena so much harder because you really had to think if you could beat a team with them going first. Wiggs teams would really be hardpressed now if the speed changed back to the old ways.
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    The old system was flawed, thats why a new system was introduced...
    Old system added a certain randomness to who goes first - which can be solved by increasing ones speed
    Its a turnbased game, speed will always be king...
    Before mods, speed was also king, it just wasnt that obvious ( if rey had 100 speed instead of 160+, noone would have used her)
    Nerfing speed secondaries down doesnt help either (2 squads, different speed, faster squad wins, even 1 speed can make the difference between win and lose)

The problem we all have with speed isnt speed secondaries, its the way of getting these mods...

Random chance to get random mod with random primary, random rarity, random class, random sec stats etc and having do choose beteen shards and mods make it impossible to get good mods without spending either a LOT of time or a LOT of money

Coming up with bandaid-ideas that dont adress the root of the problem wont help - especially if these ideas wont work anyway...

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is a lot of posts about speed being an issue, and yes it sucks not being the fastest, but speed isn't everything.

Build a fast team with as much tenacity as possible being your goal, avoid as much offence, crit chance, and protection as possible. This team will lose. Speed sucks and it's hard to find but other stats matter. And with the roll out of pre taunts, speed is "less" important.

They are never going to change speed secondaries, sorry.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There is a lot of posts about speed being an issue, and yes it sucks not being the fastest, but speed isn't everything.

Build a fast team with as much tenacity as possible being your goal, avoid as much offence, crit chance, and protection as possible. This team will lose. Speed sucks and it's hard to find but other stats matter. And with the roll out of pre taunts, speed is "less" important.

They are never going to change speed secondaries, sorry.

This would just make speed secondaries less important. A difference in ten speed might not change the turn order until the third turn, so speed secondaries would be much less important, making them much more in line with the other secondary stats.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    so you actually want battles to more RNG dependant?
    No thank you.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Honestly that was a messed up terrible attempt for handling speed, it was not fun playing "whose Poe goes first" which is what that speed system created

At least wit this system you can grind/spend enough to ensure you move before a tough enemy on your shard instead of having to pray to RNGesus that you move first in every battle