Does the fastest toon really determine who goes first?

SpamFolder
95 posts Member
edited December 2016
Does someone definitively know if the fastest toon on a squad determines who goes first in Arena?
Post edited by SpamFolder on

Replies

• Options
    From my experiences no. It's random but might favor those wit slighter higher speeds. When u finish one battle I've also noticed it someimes moves on to the next characters turn instead of resetting. I'm pretty confident in my evaluation because I have dooku at about 213 speed and the rest are around 100-160. Dooku doesn't always go first but he does get a lot more turns at that speed. His outside turn meter might be influencing my decision, but I still think it's good overall.

If you mean like actually go first in every encounter that I'm unsure of. I usually go first but maybe that's because I'm controlling it like a courtesy to go before the AI does? Might be a guess. I do notice that sometimes others go first but if it were truly random it be more along 50/50 while I feel I go first a majority of the time. Could deal with speed in that case.
  • Options
    Definitely yes. The fastest toon goes first. As such tfp if a bale to go first could possibly reduce TM on opposing team with second fast. The second fastest maybe not go until 3 of TM has applied.
  • Options
    Speed ties are a coin flip
  • Options
    I honestly think that this is a big bug in the system that the developers need to fix ASAP. The speed of characters is not random nor it's intended to be.
    I have contacted EA about this since September of 2016, I even explained to them with charts and tables and they agreed that it's a bug and yet it hasn't been fixed yet. Very disappointing!!!
    At high level arena games, who gets his turn first usually decides who wins. Sometimes I even had the entire opponent team go first before I even take one turn. Ironically all my toons were faster than his.
    I guess the speed force is with the AI and not us. :wink:
    Please keep posting here for the devs to see the problem and hopefully fix it once and for good.
  • Options
    Nope. No matter the mode, I'll have a squad who individually AND as a group have a higher collective and individual speed than the AI, and the AI will go first. It's ****. I’ve got so far as to mod the crap out of my squad for speed, and the AI STILL goes first. What’s the point of modding if it’s ultimately up to RNG? Again, ****. I also have many of my toons to have upwards of 80% Potency, Tenacity, Crits, whatever and the opposite of each status will happen on a regular basis to my squad over the AI’s. For example, I’ll have my Palp at FRICKIN 80% Potency (that’s better than a 4-1 chance he’ll proc) and what happens? AI resists debuff literally 3 times in a row while they hit every single one of their attacks and debuffs on me. ****.
  • Options
    Nope. No matter the mode, I'll have a squad who individually AND as a group have a higher collective and individual speed than the AI, and the AI will go first. It's ****. I’ve got so far as to mod the **** out of my squad for speed, and the AI STILL goes first. What’s the point of modding if it’s ultimately up to RNG? Again, ****. I also have many of my toons to have upwards of 80% Potency, Tenacity, Crits, whatever and the opposite of each status will happen on a regular basis to my squad over the AI’s. For example, I’ll have my Palp at FRICKIN 80% Potency (that’s better than a 4-1 chance he’ll proc) and what happens? AI resists debuff literally 3 times in a row while they hit every single one of their attacks and debuffs on me. ****.

So apparently, I can't say B. S. and I can't say C. R. A P