B1 Battle Droids - Character Idea

It doesn't really make thematic sense to have a single infantry troop, such as a B1 Battle Droid or a Stormtrooper, facing off against a Jedi Master or a Sith Lord. To me, an infantry unit on your squad represents having several of those on the battlefield. With that in mind, here's my suggestion for playable B1 Battle Droids!

B1 Battle Droid
Dark Side, Droid, Support, Separatist
Overwhelming Infantry (Basic)
Deal Physical Damage to the target enemy with a chance to attack again equal to B1's percent health remaining. In addition, B1 has a chance to attack again equal to B1's percent Protection remaining.
I intend these to be independent rolls. Meaning: whether or not the roll to attack again based on percent health succeeds, it will still roll to attack again based on percent Protection. For example, if B1 has 60% Health and 10% Protection remaining, it has a 60% chance to attack a second time, and a 10% chance to attack a second or third time.
The idea here is that there are waves of B1s. The more waves of B1's remaining, the more attacks the enemy suffers from them. When facing opposing B1s, dealing damage equates to taking out some of those waves, and decreasing the number of attacks your team is likely to receive. I'm not quite sure how this ability would level up. Perhaps you could add the chance to attack again based on protection, and/or start with additional attacks dealing X% less damage.

Roger, Roger (Unique)
Whenever another Separatist ally uses any Ability, B1 is called to assist.
The idea here is that Separatist allies can direct the B1's to lay down suppressing fire. Again, not sure exactly how this ability could level. Perhaps it could start as a chance to assist and increase in likelihood, or start as "Whenever another Separatist ally uses a Special Ability..." and be upgraded to "any Ability."
Reinforce (Unique)
As long as B1 is alive, all allies have Bonus Protection equal to X% of their Max Protection. In addition, at the end of each of B1's turns, it restores Protection to all allies equal to Y% of B1's Max Health.
Thematically, this represents additional B1s arriving on the battlefield to absorb enemy fire. Once the Infantry has been taken out, the added protection is gone. Besides... isn't it about time we have a character capable of restoring Protection?

Replies