Modifying Rex's AI to use squad discipline first

Dear, @EA_Jesse, @CG_Kozispoon, and @CG_JohnSalera,

First let me just say that I am a huge fan of the game and I have no problem supporting it financially - which I guess was obvious from the title about Rex - ha!

I also absolutely love the many reworked characters recently. By reworking existing characters while adding new characters, the depth of gameplay is evolving rapidly and it is very fun seeing iconic characters reworked in a way that makes them usable again. The zeta are a fantastic way of doing this too. Well done all. One great example of a subtle rework that made a big difference to an iconic character was modifying yoda to use battle meditation first. The tenacity up to the team (and foresight with zeta - whoop!) is a seemingly minor character edit but it makes him far more viable on defense. This great change also vastly reduces user frustration that a character who we love to use (and is an intelligent one at that) has such bad AI it makes them nearly non-usable.

For the same reason, can you please look into changing the AI for Rex to make him use the "squad discipline" skill on his first turn. He currently uses "subdue," which is a fun skill, but not nearly as useful for the team than using squad discipline first. Just like with Yoda, having Rex, an iconic leader known for looking out for his brothers first and foremost, use his skill that applies tenacity up (itself one of the quintessential defensive abilities in the game) to all allies fits his lore better and would make him much more useful on defense.

I hope you consider this feedback and continue working so hard to deliver such a great product to your fans, both those vocal in support and those looking for excuses to complain. We all appreciate it, you just might not here it as loudly from some of us.

Thank you kindly,

Ava

Replies

• Options
    No.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    +1 This would make clones viable in arena so that they could actually hold on defense. As stated above it's pretty much the same change that was made to Yoda recently. I love my clones team but cannot use them in arena since they cannot hold on Defense. I did the speedy Anakin trick for awhile and tried to get him to debuff himself so Rex would use Squad Discipline. But that team cannot hold up now either.

With the amount of debuffs being used these days the tenacity up at the start of the match is critical.
  • wolfmith
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Has this been solved yet?