Droid, Heal, or Turn Advantage?

Skeetabyte42
325 posts Member
edited January 2016
Just like the title suggests.

What's the best team? Droid, Heal, or Turn Advantage? Or a combination of all 3?

Also, if you use one of these teams: how do you have yours set up? Is it successful?

Due to DPS, I had previously dismissed any type of heal team altogether. But earlier today, it dawned on me that a particular setup might actually be extremely frustrating to play against:

Daka
Ewok Elder
Bariss
Lumi
HK-47 or Boba

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options

What's the best team? Droid, Heal, or Turn Advantage? Or a combination of all 3?

Also, if you use one of these teams: how do you have yours set up? Is it successful?

Due to DPS, I had previously dismissed any type of heal team altogether. But earlier today, it dawned on me that a particular setup might actually be extremely frustrating to play against:

Daka
    Ewok Elder
    Bariss
    Lumi
    HK-47 or Boba

Thoughts?

Who would you use as leader in that comp? Just wondering.

Give it a try, maybe in GW if you come across the right squad to practice on. The biggest problem I see is survivability of Ewok Elder in the first round against a buffed high dps like FOTP in a Poe / Poggle team. Might work though if you had a high level Bariss to help if there's any enemies with heal immunity debuff.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I haven't really reached end game yet, but pretty much everything I throw my droid team at melts without too much worry. I do also have a heal/sustain team that I pull out if I'm ever wary of losing someone in GW. I can cruise through all of GW with them most the time, but it just seems a lot more boring.

For Droids I use: HK-47(lead), IG-88, IG-86, Poe, QGJ. I was using GS and he is probably my biggest hitter, but I love using QGJ to knock out the taunt so I can stay on the glass cannons.

My boring sustain team is Lumi, JC, QGJ, Anakin, Fisto/Rey.

I would love going at the team you mentioned above. I would have 2 or 3 of them dead before you had a turn if I used my droid team. Seems highly susceptible to the current meta.
  • Options
    What levels are your Fisto and QGJ? Do (did) you have the deep pockets to get to 7*?
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    F2P player here, so QGJ and Fisto are not an option for me. No complaints, though. I've found all the freemium games I've played to be very doable for free; in fact, the only difference I've found between F2P and P2P players is that F2P players have to think a bit more and, of course, we spend waaaay less.

I see what you mean about Ewok Healer's survivability. However, Daka can respawn him (and vice-versa), then Lumi and/or Bariss can restore him to full health. The Daka-Bariss/Lumi combo has pulled this on me many, many times, but I've never seen anyone use EE on any of those teams.

I currently only have EE and Lumi, and am not too far away from Daka. Bariss and HK-47 would take a while to get up to speed, so I can't try this team out in GC or anything else at the moment, and I'm not about to try unless I can get some verification on its effectiveness.

As far as that Droid team goes, I've seen quite a few of those paired with Poe and/or some combo of GS/Poggle; it's a killer. Then again, what Poe team ISN'T a killer right now?
  • Options
    What levels are your Fisto and QGJ? Do (did) you have the deep pockets to get to 7*?

4 on both currently. Fisto is 42/65, QGJ is 0/65. I have expendable income and my only bad habits are games. This is the only one I'm playing currently. I am budgeting myself on this game to $200 a month starting in February. Up to this point I've only spent $100 on crystals for Chromium packs. I was lucky enough to pull QGJ, Fisto, Leia, and FOTP in a lot of those packs. Leia and FOTP are 4 as well. I just haven't really had a need for them due to the droids taking care of my opening match alpha damage needs.

Figure with Sid, Leia, FOTP (have the whole FO gang actually) Kylo, Vader, QGJ, ect. sitting unleveled in the background I may somewhat be future proofed hopefully if the meta swings one way or another with buffs and nerfs. I've slowly been gearing them up as I hit ceilings on the guys I use in my main squads.
  • DarthMobius87
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Daka
    Ewok Elder
    Bariss
    Lumi
    HK-47 or Boba

Thoughts?

I run a hybrid team in the arena that works pretty well.

Leader: Darth Sidious
    Luminara Unduli
    Jedi Consular
    HK-47
    IG-88

Darth Sidious is the hands down best all round leader in the game so far IMHO. Crit chance boost and crit damage boost is great for DPS. 35% Jedi dodge. He gains health for deaths. His healing immunity debuff is super useful for putting on his counterpart (cause most people run a Sidious and you want yours getting health when someone dies and not theirs). 35% Jedi dodge. His special inflicts DoT and boosts the damage that IG-88 can do. And did I mention the 35% Jedi dodge.

I know some people run teams without healers but I can't fight arena without my Luminara. She heals for a decent amount. Her special hits like a truck and she can gain dodge on the basic (okay the last one sucks, hardly ever procs but whatever).

Consular is one of the Iffy parts of the team. Having another healer on the team is nice but he doesnt really do much. His basic means he can sometimes heal more often which is nice and his special heals himself but does meh damage. I'm currently waiting for my Daka to star up so I can switch her in for improved speed, stun plus still having that all important 2nd heal and maybe revives.

I love HK--47! I have all the droids but wouldnt field a droid team simply because of how slow they are in the current meta and because there's no droid healer yet (fingers crossed that ones a coming). Slow speed maybe but tons of health (over 11,000 atm), 75% revive means most of the times he comes back to pester. His special is where it is at though. All those lovely status debuffs (offense, defense, ability, speed). I just love to throw that grenade and see what it spins me up (all 4 on opposing Count Dooku... don't mind if I do).

I was running Captain Phasma in the 5th position but switched her out for IG-88 for the DPS. Yes Phasma may have had more health and her 2 specials (advantage/turn meter boost and slowing) were nice but at 4* she just wasn't doing enough damage. Maybe when I get some more stars she will find a place in the team again.

IG-88 is great if the healers can keep him alive long enough to reek havoc on the enemy (2500-3500 standard crit and 6000-7000 boosted crit on basic not to mention he can easily lower the enemy team health to 1/3 maybe 1/4 with a boosted special.
  • Options

it dawned on me that a particular setup might actually be extremely frustrating to play against:

Daka
    Ewok Elder
    Bariss
    Lumi
    HK-47 or Boba

Thoughts?

I ran into a ewok elder, Boba, days team a few days ago. It was pretty tough. Ewok has to go first, but data can bring him back. I think there were 4 revives total. I lost due to their DPS characters chewing me up while I tried to take out the zombies.
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

• Options

it dawned on me that a particular setup might actually be extremely frustrating to play against:

Daka
    Ewok Elder
    Bariss
    Lumi
    HK-47 or Boba

Thoughts?

I ran into a ewok elder, Boba, days team a few days ago. It was pretty tough. Ewok has to go first, but data can bring him back. I think there were 4 revives total. I lost due to their DPS characters chewing me up while I tried to take out the zombies.

Who were the damage dealers on that team?