Sun Fac

Since FS came out I have been aggressively farming Rex and SF. However, I got them both at around 6*, and I'm thinking of their actual use. Rex of course still works great with his tenacity up, TM, and TMR for raids, but I'm wondering where Sun Fac would be really useful in this current meta. B2 is better for dispels as he will act much faster with the 100% TM gain. Taunt isn't really important either anymore.

He still could work well in some comps, but is it better to just leave him alone for now in the fleet shipments? Or is there something I am missing?

Replies

• Options
    Sf really works in hAAT p3 with Palp and tfp with 3 tanks surrounding them and I also use him in arena now to dispel. He's 7 star about to be g9 so IMO I say finish him
  • Options
    Sun Fac with Tenacity and Potency is a beast. I give you mine:

https://swgoh.gg/u/snakesonaplane/collection/sun-fac/

Keep in mind, I stay #1 the vast majority of the time. Sun Fac never lets me down.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Fun Sac is a beast in PvP, GW, AAT, and anywhere else you want to use him

I loaded mine up with health and tenacity. With his counter, I didn't find speed necessary, and he heals for ~8500 on a dispell.
    I don't stay #1, but that's not Fac's fault ;)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/1amyourfath3r/collection/sun-fac/
  • Options
    So are you guys saying he is good in like a Fives or Aayla role because of the counter/heal? Instead of been more of a straight up tank to soak up damage at the start like a Shore/RG?
  • Options
    Seen him ran on an all Sith team lead by Darth Maul zetaed, it's nasty. They were only able to attack him while being pummeled by EP, Maul and Vader
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    You can honestly throw SF in any team and he will do wonders. Rex is better when only used for his lead, or used in a clone team.
  • Options
    So are you guys saying he is good in like a Fives or Aayla role because of the counter/heal? Instead of been more of a straight up tank to soak up damage at the start like a Shore/RG?

He's both, and a dispeller. And debuffer. I've had him modded for ~105k health and protection but had to sacrifice tenacity, and with the 20% max health heal(plus health steal), he didn't need all that protection. He's likely the most versatile tank from the old school.
  • Options
    One of the best toons in the game, hands-down. Gear him, make him a priority. You will not regret it.
  • Options
    @ARCTrooperFives if you want to try him out, I have him as my GW leader. PM me and I'll give you my ally code
  • Options
    So I think I understand. Pretty much he's not gonna have the same off-the-gates impact as Wiggs/Shore/Whatever, but he is a monster later on. What mods would you put for triangle, arrow, and plus?
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    He belongs to the same category as Aayla, QGJ, B2, Rex and so on. All those toons have multiple use in the (end) game. You simply don't regret gearing, leveling, modding or starring them due to their versatility. Even if the meta changes, sooner or later each of those toons will find their (new) home.

Btw - I am on the same boat as you are, plus I am still gearing and starring B2. B2, Rex and Sun Fac are my main 3 projects going on.
  • Options
    SF changed and turned my arena team upside down...

I now run Rex lead with SF wiggs and fives (jka to replace fives when g10.... maybe)

Hes a true beast.. you dont have him for the taunt although great.. its the counter insta dispell.. completely makes a g11 sth or rg useless..
  • Options
    So I think I understand. Pretty much he's not gonna have the same off-the-gates impact as Wiggs/Shore/Whatever, but he is a monster later on. What mods would you put for triangle, arrow, and plus?

Tenacity for the cross - if he's stunned, he can't counter. Protection/health for triangle, and crit avoidance or protection for arrow. He'll take multiple wiggs blows with crit avoidance. You can add in some potency secondaries, but I've never had an issue with him debuffing with ~40% potency, and really, that's just the icing on the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    K thanks for the advice guys!
  • Options
    One of my problems woth Sunfy is he cant taunt before one of my pointy sticks die in squad arena, forcing me to have shore in team (maybe baze soon). Otherwise I might be completely missing something being a noob.
  • Options
    ^ yea, he always seems to be the last one of the ten to move for me too
  • Options
    I'll say this, I ran into 1 not long ago that had 95k health and another 70k protection. No matter how strong that fac ends up being, that is a ton of health to bite at, even my Anakin & Palp seemed like they were just tickling him damage wise. I personally feel he's worth finishing, and his ship is awesome as well.
  • Options
    Sun Fac with Tenacity and Potency is a beast. I give you mine:

https://swgoh.gg/u/snakesonaplane/collection/sun-fac/

Keep in mind, I stay #1 the vast majority of the time. Sun Fac never lets me down.

You run Wiggs and ChiBaze in one team, and then, you add Sun Fac, NO WONDER why you are that high on Arena.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    I'll say this, I ran into 1 not long ago that had 95k health and another 70k protection. No matter how strong that fac ends up being, that is a ton of health to bite at, even my Anakin & Palp seemed like they were just tickling him damage wise. I personally feel he's worth finishing, and his ship is awesome as well.

I don't think it's possible to get that much health on SF.
    95k in total survivability? No problem. But that much health? I don't see how.

I have a 7* G11 SF and I prioritize health with his mods, because I love his end of the match healing, and the most health I've ever gotten on him was ~38k.

I check out every other sun fac I come across and I've never seen more that 40k in health alone.

I've seen ones with 70k or more of protection, for over 100,000 in total survivability.

I actually just switched my SF to all tenacity, gonna try that for a while(I still prioritized health and am at 32k).
  • Options
    I was thinking about using him as a Taunter on a Droid team with HK, IG-88, IG-66, and Daka to give them survivability and Debuffs for IG-88 to use.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Take out Daka and use JE you can use him even at 4*
  • Options
    I just looked over JE and he's solid for that! thanks.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    I've had him for along time. He was max gear and stars but I couldn't figure out why I still didn't like him.
    He MUST have 80%+ tenacity for him to be useful.
    I ran him in a Rex/aayla/anakin/fives/sun fac.
    ^^^ this was the ultimate team to destroy last metas rebel squads
  • Options
    Sun Fac is awesome.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    I was thinking about using him as a Taunter on a Droid team with HK, IG-88, IG-66, and Daka to give them survivability and Debuffs for IG-88 to use.

He's awesome on a droid squad. JE is definitely better than Daka, but honestly a lot of units can work great in the slot. Rex works great, he removes debuff and gives TM boost. So does Poggle. K2 if you happen to be on android. Nebit, B2, RG, etc.
  • Options
    BrillO wrote: »

He's awesome on a droid squad. JE is definitely better than Daka, but honestly a lot of units can work great in the slot. Rex works great, he removes debuff and gives TM boost. So does Poggle. K2 if you happen to be on android. Nebit, B2, RG, etc.

JE is an absolute must in a droid squad, otherwise they will get killed before they even move. 5th slot is usually K2, Nebit, B2, or rarely poggle, for the droid team to have any chacne