farm shards or farm ships?

I know we have to immediately buy slave 1 shards if they appear, but there some other shipments in there that are valuable like sun fac shards, rex shards , or even salvage pieces like stun guns or stun cuffs, so my question is do we focus more on shards for viable characters in arena or focus on leveling up ships?

Thanks!
https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

I 7* FOTP without using any energy refreshes, get on my level

Replies

• Options
    Depends what level you are and what your character needs are?
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    Yes there are good shards in there, Vader etc... some raid gear etc.

You will have to decide what is of more value.

One could say you want to farm ships at least until you can complete the final ability challenge so you can at least get zetas (or odds to) twice a week.

After that its all subjective.

• Options
    It depends on what you want to do. If you rank high in ships, spending on toons will hold you back. If you excel in arena, it may be better to focus on sun fac or rex to strengthen your arena roster. I personally focus on ships and do not buy shards. With the exception of general grevious because I want him and buying those helps with the long grind. Especially with guild shipments having each of the toons besides Vader and Grevious now ship bps and gear is a much more effecient buy. It is all about what will be the most efficient way for you to acheive personal goals.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I'm F2P so I'm focusing on Sun Fac and Rex shards in Fleet Shipments. I'll also purchase Slave 1 when it appears. If I have extra tokens leftover, I'll purchase other ships I'm working on. I always save enough to snag Slave 1 or Vader shards if they pop up.
  • Options
    I always forget to look for shards. Until I can farm Zetas in the challenges, I'm working on the ships. Once the zeta farm is simable (new word?), then I will consider going after shards.