Ship battles, does promotion/better ships mean nothing?

So I have not farmed any ship shards at all. Just what is given. So all my ships are 1* besides Biggs ship which is 2*. I do 1 battle a day and maintain top 500 which is fine, although I would like to start getting zetas. Everyone I see around me is 3-4* ships plus have 2-3 reinforcements compared to my 1 reinforcement. And I dominate every team and at most I'll lose 1 ship in battle. How am I beating clearly much better teams? Does offense hold that much of advantage with ships? Where ship battles are just easier to win?

Replies

• SoillaTheGrouch
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Pilots affect ships more than the leveling of the ships. Are your pilots well geared and leveled? Perhaps those around you have weak pilots.

I have a 3*, g7 TFP with a 1* ship that has more power than my 3*, g5 Bistan/SRP, and a 3* ship.
  • Options
    Could be pilots. Maybe I'm just ahead in that way.
  • Options
    I would say it's your pilots, I've been holding a top ten spot with 4* ships against people who have 5* ships. My 5 main pilots are all G8, G9 7* lvl 80
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    There isn't a big difference in Crew Contribution Upgrade Multiplier at lower star levels, but going from 5* to 7* is half of the total contribution multiplier (.25 out of .5). So you might not notice much of a problem right now, but when they hit 5-7* while you're still on 3-4* you'll have a much bigger disparity problem on your hands.
    • 1* = 1.0x
    • 2* = 1.05x
    • 3* = 1.1x
    • 4* = 1.15x
    • 5* = 1.25x
    • 6* = 1.35x
    • 7* = 1.5x