2 4 packs or one 8??

I know it's a skosh cheaper for an 8 but do you honestly have better odds for an 8 pack over 2 4s? Being nonIAP this matters.

Replies

• Options
    Getting an 8 pack will guarantee you at least one straight character pull. 2 fourpacks will not.
  • Options
    Getting an 8 pack will guarantee you at least one straight character pull. 2 fourpacks will not.

Really? I've never known this to be the case.....
  • Options
    I don't think it matters, apart from the few Crystals you save alongside the purchase of the 8-pack.

Personal experience: I have received 1 shard and 3 characters from a 4-pack once. Another time I did not receive any characters. When it comes to the 8-pack, I received 1 character 7 shards at one time, but during another time I got 4 characters.

• Options
    Yep, you will get 1 character guarantee with the 8 pack drop. I've bought a number of them, always at least 1.
  • Options
    IMO It really only matters if that 1 character is a 4* and you don't always get a 4* with a 8 pack.
  • ObiWanAoki
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Don't buy packs. If you are willing to spend a thousand+ on a mobile game, go for it.

Wait for new bundles. Use crystals for refills. I'm sure everyone knows this by now :)
  • Options
    Don't matter... Old Ben is a myth after 20x8 packs...... Nothing but Ewoks...
  • Options
    ObiWanAoki wrote: »
    Don't buy packs. If you are willing to spend a thousand+ on a mobile game, go for it.

Wait for new bundles. Use crystals for refills. I'm sure everyone knows this by now :)

This^^^^
    If you are a deadbeat :)
  • Options
    ObiWanAoki wrote: »

2 problems with that. One I don't have the time over a workday to play enough to make a refill worth it. Second I'm a very casual player, mostly because of the first issue and since I don't have money in the game a gamble here n there is no biggie.

Thanks for the input though. I like seeing n hearing all thought processes before I go In.
  • Options
    Though I might wait a bit if I knew new content was due. :)
  • Options
    My girlfriend pulled Darth Maul from a 4 pack a few days ago.. It was the only good thing from the pack but i think it was worth it.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    At early levels purchasing a pack or two may yield some good returns on filling the character gap. However at later stages it's useless unless you are going to purchase many of them to star up data card only characters. In terms of answering your question, there is a great guide over here swgohcantina.com/is-it-worth-it-to-spend-money-on-the-chromium-data-cards/ If you read the data, 8 packs actually do not ensure a character, even though the chance is low you may end up with all shards. Give it a read before pulling the trigger.