Bistan Shards - Fleet Shipments Broken (or it's a ruse)

While farming for Bistan shards from Fleet Shipments, I noticed that you cannot obtain additional Bistan shards by paying Crystals to refresh the shipment. Here is what is going on:

1) When Bistan is available in Fleet Shipments, purchase 5 shards for 400 Fleet Arena tokens;
2) Go to Bistan's character page and click on the "Find" button; it displays that Bistan is available in Fleet Shipments;
3) Go to Fleet Shipments and click the "Refresh" button and pay the refresh fee (50/100) via crystals;
4) Upon refresh, there are no Bistan shards displayed in Fleet Shipment anymore;
5) Go back to the Bistan character page and click on the "Find" button; Fleet Shipment is no longer listed as a Bistan shard source.

I have wasted over 500 crystals because of this. Personally, I think this needs to be fixed so as to not give players the idea that subsequent shards are available for a character once a shard is purchased and they pay to refresh the inventory.

To fix this, I would suggest that once Fleet Shipment shards are purchased, the availability of shards is immediately removed from the Find screen of the character page. This would negate players wasting crystals to mistakenly refresh the inventory only to find that they had zero chance of getting subsequent shards in the first place.

I guess the bottom line is this: Why are players expected to shell out 50/100 crystals to Refresh inventory to be told that further character shards were not going to be granted? Seems a bit unfair and punishes the player through no fault of their own.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    It will only show the shipment option if he is currently in there as an option, purchased already or not.

You will see the same thing for characters in arena, cantina, and GW shipments only difference is the character, not ship, rotation in those 3 are set.

Characters rotation in pve, guild, and fleet shipments is random. Refreshing the shipment is a new chance for something to show up.
    Best advice don't refresh the shipments unless you are willing to spend for a better chance at nothing. RNG always seems against you.
  • Options
    RNG is set for a certain shard to appear in a shipment as it is in a "pool" of other shards that could possibly appear upon a refresh; not whether or not the shard will totally be removed from that shipment altogether.

Case in point, and I suppose I should of pointed this out in the first post, but as of 48 hours ago, this was the case: Bistan shards were available in Fleet Shipments so long as you had the Crystals to pay for the Refresh. He didn't always appear every Refresh, but his shards were never removed from Fleet Shipments completely via the "Find" function.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Xzzt wrote: »
    RNG is set for a certain shard to appear in a shipment as it is in a "pool" of other shards that could possibly appear upon a refresh; not whether or not the shard will totally be removed from that shipment altogether.

Case in point, and I suppose I should of pointed this out in the first post, but as of 48 hours ago, this was the case: Bistan shards were available in Fleet Shipments so long as you had the Crystals to pay for the Refresh. He didn't always appear every Refresh, but his shards were never removed from Fleet Shipments completely via the "Find" function.

I have seen bistan shards in and out of fleet shipments plenty since he was put in there. It is 100% rng what characters and gear show.

I have also tested the find function many times. If the ship/character is not currently in the shipments, again purchased already or not, then it does not show under the find option. He has not been removed rng just hasn't brought him back in.

He was removed from the find because you refreshed the shipment and for that rng roll he did not show up.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    As you can see here fleet shipments is not an option under find and I have not ever paid to refresh the fleet shipments. It is not an option because he is not there currently.

ziSUEQU.jpg
    pcM9Y7c.jpg
  • Options
    Then with that logic, how many RNGs are there? One for the pool of shards to show up via paid Refresh button, and one for when the global timer reaches zero and auto refreshes, cycling potential shards in and out?

And as I said before, 48 hours ago, I didn't have this problem, so I'm guessing that I was very lucky or something?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Using the refresh button is the same as waiting for an automatic refresh just forces it sooner, so it is the same rng for it to show via manual or auto refresh, and since rng always seems to work againt the player probably get on the low end when hitting the refresh button.

Yes you have probably just been lucky. Next time he is in the shipments it will show as an option under the find again.
  • Options
    Fair enough. That said, is it entirely possible that paying the crystals to refresh Fleet Shipments would in fact have the potential to bring Bistan shards back into the Fleet Shipment inventory? I have to admit, I've wasted hundreds of crystals refreshing Fleet Shipments and not seen Bistan shards reappear.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Xzzt wrote: »
    Fair enough. That said, is it entirely possible that paying the crystals to refresh Fleet Shipments would in fact have the potential to bring Bistan shards back into the Fleet Shipment inventory? I have to admit, I've wasted hundreds of crystals refreshing Fleet Shipments and not seen Bistan shards reappear.

Yes paying crystals could make him show again.

The bolded part is why I never refresh.
    I do refresh pve shipments for gear but then I am looking for any of about 10 different options so better odds of seeing something worth it.