Top 100 in the Arena

I have never entered the top 100 in the arena and I would really like to. My current arena team is:

JKA (L) - 7*, gear 11, lvl 85, 5 dot health mods
Rey - 7*, gear 10, level 85, 5 dot health mods
QGJ - 7*, gear 11, level 85, 5 dot health mods
St Han 7*, gear 11, level 85, 5 dot health mods
Fives - 7*, gear 10, level 85, 5 dot health mods

Who should I farm to make my team better, I was thinking rebels (e.g. Wiggs, Landon and Briggs) but the meta on these guys must be nearly over. Or should I go for a Jedi team. My favourite characters are St Han and QGJ.

Any help / advice would be great.

P.s I'm F2P, please bear this in mind.

Cheers,
Jay

Replies

• Options
    From GW farm Biggs
    From cantina farm wedge then Lando
    From cantina store farm boba
    From guild store farm Rex and sun fac (and darth maul if you earn enough currency)
    From arena, farm ig 88 to help you in the credit heist, and then afterwards farm hk47 to get your AAT P2 team on the way.
    I would recommend showing us screenshots of your entire roster, so we can see exactly what you have, and can then help you more.
    Aim to start running wedge lead, Biggs, sthan, anakin, qgj.
    Eventually you can start to work in boba and Lando too. I'd recommend putting Lando in for anakin, and boba in for qgj.
  • Options
    Cracking and sound advice. Thank you!

Silly question, how do I post screenshots onto this? I have an iPhone.
  • Options
    Replace fives with Aayla and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to hold top 100 with that roster.

The other important thing to remember is that mods have a much bigger impact on your roster than the characters you use. It's one thing to have 5* mods on your toons, it's another thing to have mods with the primary and secondary stats that you need. Things like speed and crit damage or chance should be prioritized regardless of the star level on the mod. For example, I think it's better to have a 3* arrow with speed as the primary over a 5* arrow with something like defense as the primary for most toons.

As far as getting good mods, the challenges are really horrible for doing so. With a lot of patience, you can find some decent mods in the mod shop that you can buy for credits. Also, it's a good idea to have at least 609 crystals always saved up because the mod packs are one of the few decent packs to buy whenever those come around.
  • Options
    Thank you! So, don't go for the rebels then?

I never thought of saving my crystals for that, I usually spend it on other things.

Cheers :-)
  • Options
    @JayMart to post screenshots, upload them to an app e.g. Imgur, and then post the link in here. I don't know how to insert them directly, but the link does a good enough job.
    I have to disagree with buying mod packs. It's too much of a gamble for F2P. I've never bought any mod packs, but still have a couple of 15, 14 and 13 speed secondaries. Make sure you've completed all 3 tiers of the defence mod challenges to increase enable and increase the chance of 5 dot mods appearing in shipments. Only but mods in shipments for credits, never for crystals. Mods you should look for are speed primary arrows, crit damage primary triangles and potency/protection primary crosses. You should also try to buy any 4/5 dot mods which have a speed secondary.
    As a low ranked F2P player, you should be spending all of your crystals on cantina and normal energy refreshes. As you progress into the top 5, you can start saving some crystals up to buy full pieces of gear in shipments. You should only use crystals on energy refreshes and full gear pieces. Nothing else is worth it for F2P.
    Rebels will always be as strong as they are currently. They will not be nerfed directly, only passively when new characters are added. The fact of the matter is, if you don't have rebels, you can't get palp, so can't go for empire, and if you're F2P, you won't have all of the new rogue one characters, making existing farmable rebels your best option.
  • JayMart
    23 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Again, great information. I already have EP (7*), are revels still required? I was thinking Jedi but if wiggs, Briggs and Lando are better, I will farm them. I'm worried if the meta is something different by the time I've farmed them....

• Options
    Thank you. My characters are below:

H50NMMX.png

Y3fiPsN.png

4QtzOoJ.png

ux1IkWu.png

3xo14GX.png

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    JayMart wrote: »
    Again, great information. I already have EP (7*), are revels still required? I was thinking Jedi but if wiggs, Briggs and Lando are better, I will farm them. I'm worried if the meta is something different by the time I've farmed them....

A rebel squad will always be equipped in heroic AAT P4. A good rebel squad can put up 4+% which will really help your guild out if you ever decide to start working towards heroics. As I said, these rebels won't be nerfed, but new P2P characters will be added which can counter these rebels. You won't be able to get your hands on those P2P characters, meaning you should decide now whether you want to max your wiggs/rebel squad or your EP lead empire squad. Unless you have shoretrooper though, I'd steer away from empire, because then there's nothing stopping enemy wiggs teams killing EP and TFP before you even move.
    So, IMO go rebels. They'll always be good.
  • Options
    Thank you for your help. I will start farming my rebels.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You have good toons, just level them up and it will be easy. For me, you can run
    Boba (L), STHan, JKA, QGJ, and IG-88. Gear up Boba and IG-88 and you will be easily top 50.

Edit: keep Rey at the beginning instead of IG and it will be an easy top 100.
  • Options
    Palpatine, Vader, royal guard, Boba, Anakin.
  • Options
    They are interesting shouts. I do like boba, he looks awesome!
  • Options
    Replace fives with Aayla and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to hold top 100 with that roster.

The other important thing to remember is that mods have a much bigger impact on your roster than the characters you use. It's one thing to have 5* mods on your toons, it's another thing to have mods with the primary and secondary stats that you need. Things like speed and crit damage or chance should be prioritized regardless of the star level on the mod. For example, I think it's better to have a 3* arrow with speed as the primary over a 5* arrow with something like defense as the primary for most toons.

As far as getting good mods, the challenges are really horrible for doing so. With a lot of patience, you can find some decent mods in the mod shop that you can buy for credits. Also, it's a good idea to have at least 609 crystals always saved up because the mod packs are one of the few decent packs to buy whenever those come around.

I would also like to say i disagree with buying mod packs. as an F2P player your crystals are hard earned and well spent on energy refreshes. 2 normals and 1 cantina a day should be your mantra. If you rank high enough to save up then use those sparingly on the right gear in shipments. @Dooku_for_days steered you right from the start. Only change i "might" consider suggesting. if arena is your true venue then prioritize boba fett and replace QGJ. Sadly QGJs time has passed. And i would also like to think Wiggs may be getting the nerf hammer soon. But rebels are far from out... Chaze is unfortunately in... Either way Wiggs is a solid investment for AAT.
  • Options
    Kckid wrote: »

I would also like to say i disagree with buying mod packs. as an F2P player your crystals are hard earned and well spent on energy refreshes. 2 normals and 1 cantina a day should be your mantra. If you rank high enough to save up then use those sparingly on the right gear in shipments. @Dooku_for_days steered you right from the start. Only change i "might" consider suggesting. if arena is your true venue then prioritize boba fett and replace QGJ. Sadly QGJs time has passed. And i would also like to think Wiggs may be getting the nerf hammer soon. But rebels are far from out... Chaze is unfortunately in... Either way Wiggs is a solid investment for AAT.

I don't consider myself a big spender at all (with $60 binge spent one time over the past four months), but I do strongly believe that a good mod strategy is the best thing one can do to make sure you place in the top 100. The mod challenges have a horrendous drop rate and you have to be really patient to find the right mod for credits in the shop. The mod packs are a good way to supplement your mod cache since your guaranteed to get at least five and typically one to two of those will be a 5* mod that starts off with secondaries.

I also have enough crystals to do that because I rarely spend crystals on cantina energy unless it's a double drop week or I'm close to unlocking or finishing off a character. I can get away with this because I don't chase the meta; rather I tweak my roster with one to two character switches when the going gets tough and that's been good enough to get me hanging out in the top 20 of my shard which is my current goal.

I'm not knocking anything else that's been posted, just giving some advice on what's worked well for me.
  • Options
    Kckid wrote: »

I don't consider myself a big spender at all (with $60 binge spent one time over the past four months), but I do strongly believe that a good mod strategy is the best thing one can do to make sure you place in the top 100. The mod challenges have a horrendous drop rate and you have to be really patient to find the right mod for credits in the shop. The mod packs are a good way to supplement your mod cache since your guaranteed to get at least five and typically one to two of those will be a 5* mod that starts off with secondaries.

I also have enough crystals to do that because I rarely spend crystals on cantina energy unless it's a double drop week or I'm close to unlocking or finishing off a character. I can get away with this because I don't chase the meta; rather I tweak my roster with one to two character switches when the going gets tough and that's been good enough to get me hanging out in the top 20 of my shard which is my current goal.

I'm not knocking anything else that's been posted, just giving some advice on what's worked well for me.
    I get rank 1 everyday on my 13 month old shard. I've never bought a mod pack, and only farmed them for a few weeks at their release. The rest I've bought from shipments for credits. From what I've seen in the packs from other players, it's not something I'd recommend purchasing. It's a huge waste of crystals if you don't get a speed secondary or a speed arrow.