B2 or TFP for Empire team?

Prev1
Skeetabyte42
325 posts Member
edited December 2016
Not sure which one to farm. Both are available in the Cantina. Both seem to work well in Empire teams, which is what I'm going for. I've seen top teams use both.

NOTE: I already have TFP at 3* and absolutely nothing on B2. Not really much of a difference as it's early days on my TFP.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    I'm currently trying to farm both. But if you think about it, B2 can be used at 4* as long as he his geared well.
  • Options
    I'm currently trying to farm both. But if you think about it, B2 can be used at 4* as long as he his geared well.

You could say the same for TFP. His Special nearly gets him back to full health. He's not all that great (yet), but lasts through as many as 5-6 nodes in GW on a Palpy team. Not too shabby..
  • Options
    If you don't already have a dispel on your team, go for B2.

Also, be careful with TFP if you do use him because a Wiggs triple shot can OHKO him even at max protection and G11. He really should be paired with ShT to protect him from that.
  • Options
    TFP needs stars to bump his stats, B2 performs well even at low gear low stars. Also keep in mind that TFP is functionally ruined by Tenacity Up and cleanse, and won't get you past ShT or Baze.

I went for the B2 unlock and am now working on starring TFP. Happy with my decision.
  • Options
    TFP needs stars to bump his stats, B2 performs well even at low gear low stars. Also keep in mind that TFP is functionally ruined by Tenacity Up and cleanse, and won't get you past ShT or Baze.

I went for the B2 unlock and am now working on starring TFP. Happy with my decision.

TFP can stall tenacity up though. Ability block Rex or Yoda or whomever and you have time.
  • Options

TFP can stall tenacity up though. Ability block Rex or Yoda or whomever and you have time.

You're right. I was assuming Baze or ShT would be present, in which case TFP runs into even more problems.
  • Options

My Empire team will be:
    Palpatine (L)
    Boba (cuz he's awesome in any team)
    Vader

Still figuring out next slots. I have Ability Block with Boba. Didn't mention stars cuz, well, the ridiculous right now.
  • Options
    Go TFP.

Palp boba TFP ST and a 5th will wreck anything out there right now. Zeta vader may be needed for GK-Barris.
  • Options

My Empire team will be:
    Palpatine (L)
    Boba (cuz he's awesome in any team)
    Vader

Still figuring out next slots. I have Ability Block with Boba. Didn't mention stars cuz, well, the ridiculous right now.

You definitely want TFP in there. Shoretrooper would replace Vader if you had him. B2 would be situational—double tank, QGJ Zeta, possible good vs Chaze.
  • Options
    I have b2 4*... but I've maxed my tfp. I absolutely LOVE TFP. He's just great.
  • Options
    Unlock/4* B2, then leave him and max TFP is what you should do, no debate about it

As someone else said you may struggle without shoretrooper as it is
  • Options
    I got B2 maxed 1st and then tfp...honestly now that you have full farmability on both in cantina id unlock B2 first and the tfp and get them both to 5 or 6* (whatever raid your guild is doing) and work them both...because you will star them both to 7 b4 you complete the gear.

Both are definitely awesome.
  • Options
    TFP is great in raids. He single handedly did 450k under Palp lead in the tank raid.

Level 85 G9 6*. He's modded for speed and not damage. Phase 3.
  • Options
    I use both. Palp (L), Vader, ShT, TFP and B2.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Go TFP.

Palp boba TFP ST and a 5th will wreck anything out there right now. Zeta vader may be needed for GK-Barris.

This is what I plan on running... with B2 as my 5th.

As for my thoughts, I would unlock B2, and then finish TFP. As others have stated, B2 is usable at 4*. I have TFP at 7*, G9 and he isn't really all that usable in top end arena (well, on an older shard).
  • Options
    B-2 is the most over rated toon in the game. All he brings to the table is dispell.
  • Options
    B-2 is the most over rated toon in the game. All he brings to the table is dispell.
    But its a mass dispell and with his unique he can mass dispell very often.
  • Options

I love facing teams with b-2. Shock him, stun him, ignore him. People forget when he first came out evasion down was actually useful and now it's garbage. He's lost a lot of his utility. If you are going to run a dispeller you are better off with Baze Ventress Boba SF and possibly QGJ.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The answer is yes. B2 is one of the most versatile toons. TFP is great. Couldn't decide even if you made me.
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I love facing teams with b-2. Shock him, stun him, ignore him. People forget when he first came out evasion down was actually useful and now it's garbage. He's lost a lot of his utility. If you are going to run a dispeller you are better off with Baze Ventress Boba SF and possibly QGJ.
    All are good options, B2 included. Shocking B2 is a great strategy. Only thing is, who are you not shocking to go after him? I'll shock B2, but not until I have shock on Biggs, EP, Vader, Ani or any taunting tank. I love when my opponent have QGJ and gives his whole squad offense up but that hit triggered relentless barrage and none of them get to use it. The mass buff immunity that goes with the mass dispell is nice too.

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Not sure which one to farm. Both are available in the Cantina. Both seem to work well in Empire teams, which is what I'm going for. I've seen top teams use both.

NOTE: I already have TFP at 3* and absolutely nothing on B2. Not really much of a difference as it's early days on my TFP.

Thoughts?

The drop rate for B2 is pretty sorry. TFP is an easier farm any day. You might be better off getting Sun Fac and TFP at the same time and work on B2 as a side project. Good luck.
  • Options

All are good options, B2 included. Shocking B2 is a great strategy. Only thing is, who are you not shocking to go after him? I'll shock B2, but not until I have shock on Biggs, EP, Vader, Ani or any taunting tank. I love when my opponent have QGJ and gives his whole squad offense up but that hit triggered relentless barrage and none of them get to use it. The mass buff immunity that goes with the mass dispell is nice too.

I run EP TFP and Boba. So it doesn't really matter tanks can't taunt and nobody can use their specials. I actually usually space my AOE attacks. So EP can shock first turn. No need to stun a bunch of ability blocked toons. When I see a b-2 I'm not concerned. Another TFP or Boba though and im a bit more concerned.

As far as his question goes TFP is amazing in raids, arena, and GW. B-2 is only good in arena. This one seems pretty obvious to me.
  • Options
    IMO the dark side toons to work one right now are Shoretrooper > Boba > TFP > Palptine > Vader. The last is a huge step down though. Those top 4 will be around a very long time.
  • Options
    i have TFP at 7* gear 8 and he's awesome, also he has a pretty good ship.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »

Thoughts?

The drop rate for B2 is pretty sorry. TFP is an easier farm any day. You might be better off getting Sun Fac and TFP at the same time and work on B2 as a side project. Good luck.

100% Agree! I started farming B2 with the double cantina drop and only have him unlocked... I would go for TFP over B2 if I could rewind back time.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    From someone running an empire team .... TFP all the way

He's the fastest toon in the game, so mod him with all the speed you can give him. Omega on his AoE does ability block to primary target, so if you run into Wiggs, you should still go first and target Biggs as primary target, if it works then you don't have to worry about the OHKO. He then attacks again for big damage. Then use emperor stun followed by dazing Wedge. Shouldn't be a problem. Then after every basic attack he gets 10% tm for each debuffed enemy (plus 20 more if he plants a debuffs on his basic - that's up to 70% tm on his basic). With his speed at only 212 I've had him attack three times before some toons even get to go once

Edit: this is with EP lead so he gets the extra tm from debuffs, he gets first two attacks and then already has 70 tm for third if everything goes perfectly
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    TFP, all the way. Have both and use TFP. Pair him with a fast Boba and the opposition don't get to react. Pair them with ZVader and let the fun flow :)

Xio
  • Options
    Xioborg wrote: »
    TFP, all the way. Have both and use TFP. Pair him with a fast Boba and the opposition don't get to react. Pair them with ZVader and let the fun flow :)

Yep, that's my team, EP leader, TFP attacks twice, then Boba ability blocks and it's pretty much game over from there. I back them with Vader and RG (slowly working on ShT)
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • UltimaRatio84
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Thoughts?

SHORT ANSWER: BOTH! If you have to pick either one: TFP all day, because he is good on all aspects of the game.

LONG ANSWER: on my crazy competitive and whale-ish (November) shard the top 10 (non-Vader-Zeta-lead) Empire squads run both, there seem to be three main builds:

1.) Palp (L), Shore, TFP, B2, Boba

2.) Palp (L), Shore, TFP, B2, RG

3.) Palp (L), Shore, B2, Boba, RG

General consensus seems to be that you need Palp as lead (only other option really being Vader zeta), Shore as main taunt and B2 for dispel. Main question being "RG or Boba?!" as you're basically lost on my shard without a reliable and repeated dispel.

Those who have him also run TFP because he is a vital piece to the whole perma-block/stun theme and has excellent survivability behind a foresight/double-tank wall.

Version 3 is the only one that uses Boba in place of TFP, the rest of the top 25 Empire builds are experimenting with subs for TFP (e.g. General Kenobi or Sun Fac), probably because they either want to be different or don't have a great TFP.

So we can conclude there's little room for variation and innovation (mainly due to lack of empire chars) and the core you really should use is Palp (L), Shore, TFP, B2. Last slot can either be a 2nd tank or Boba.

I have been running version no.3 with RG in the top 20 for the last week because with so many pesky B2s around I really want another tank, which also happens to fit the stun theme and can make my team a little tankier and taunt when Shore is taking a break.

Wiggs teams have basically become a non-factor right now (at the top of my shard), only 1 team in the top 25 that's relying on that bromance, so surviving an initial burst is a little less important, maybe that's why some feel one tank is enough, but I like having two to protect Palp and TFP.

• Options

All are good options, B2 included. Shocking B2 is a great strategy. Only thing is, who are you not shocking to go after him? I'll shock B2, but not until I have shock on Biggs, EP, Vader, Ani or any taunting tank. I love when my opponent has QGJ who gives everyone offense up from dispelling ShT but the his triggers relentless barrage and none of them get to use itThe mass buff immunity that goes with the mass dispell is nice too.

I run EP TFP and Boba. So it doesn't really matter tanks can't taunt and nobody can use their specials. I actually usually space my AOE attacks. So EP can shock first turn. No need to stun a bunch of ability blocked toons. When I see a b-2 I'm not concerned. Another TFP or Boba though and im a bit more concerned.

As far as his question goes TFP is amazing in raids, arena, and GW. B-2 is only good in arena. This one seems pretty obvious to me.
    Who else do you run. Right now I am working on Boba to replace B2, but he isn't arena ready yet. I don't think B2 is better, just that he is viable.