QGJ in Cantina likely to Counter Poe

Prev1
QGJ is fast enough to drop Humbling Blow on Poe which if it takes away Poe's taunt instantly changes the match. Sure you will still have some Heroes vulnerable to expose and opposition will have turn meter to go first but now less one sided when their Poe goes first.

Replies

• Options
    Poe will go first, then you can Humbling Blow him. However, RNG may wipe out your QGJ first. Also pray they don't run Poe and Han, in this scenario I generally focus down Poe and HB Han.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Honestly he does very little to counter Poe in my experience when on defense. There's a guy on my server who runs a 7 star QGJ and I have no problem beating him with my Poe-led team. I'm not sure QGJ actually uses humbling blow in the first round. I'll have to check it out.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Noci - agreed. Especially since 7* Dookus will be everywhere soon.
    Instead of all the top teams having Poe, now they will have Poe and QGJ. Poe is still broken. I don't think this changes much.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    AI won't use in 1st round correct. AI will use assist But human lead teams use Humble Blow and it does work occasionally.
  • Options
    It changes nothing. All that matters is who's Poe shoots first.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ third special attack removes Poe's taunt and gives entire own team ATK up. A Jedi team built to withstand some punishment can simply sponge the initial burst damage and then dish it right back with QGJ as leader. I like this.
  • Options
    The D game will always be weak as long as the AI controls it. This change helps for attacking teams with Poe.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    It's a bone to throw out while they figure out what to do.
    Poe still big issue but QGJ can take out taunt. Sure other things have to go right but does make difference. Poe blows after taunt is down.
  • Options
    Inb4 :'( because numbing blow doesn't always remove positive status effects.
  • Options
    He can remove the taunt, but most of Poe's team will still go first.
  • Options
    I just went against BusyMilk just to see their team. Not sure how they dropped to 108 with that team. It's a trap for sure if you go by the team power. I wonder how ppl battled that team thinking it was a sure thing because of the power rating?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Well... There'll always be people interpreting everything in the worst possible way.

Me, I think they just decided to let go of a great toon because they hope it will mean a lot of ppl spend crystals refreshing cantina energy now.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Well... There'll always be people interpreting everything in the worst possible way.

Me, I think they just decided to let go of a great toon because they hope it will mean a lot of ppl spend crystals refreshing cantina energy now.

Why buy packs if they all end up in shipments? Unless they plan to release so many characters it'll be worth it.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they make more money off refills than off packs?
  • Options
    moongod wrote: »
    It changes nothing. All that matters is who's Poe shoots first.
    If Poe is removed from the game it would still be who's rey goes first, who's Leia goes first, who's GS goes first, etc. QGJ is a fine counter to Poe.

• Options
    Just FYI...my Poe just went second and I still won lol
  • Options
    And I Find my Sid goes before Poe most times
  • Options
    Even if QGJ can't counter Poe, he's still worth farming, right?
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    He literally removes Poe's taunt 100% of the time on defense lol
  • Options
    Removes it with Offense up. While I'm sure there are balances fixes incoming, he is still a very useful toon, even with what I am sure are super mega toons incoming lol
  • Sblakers
    32 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qgj does not remove poes taunt 100% of the time. I'd venture to say my 6 star qgj will remove poes taunt 40 percent of the time. And that's generous. Poes resistance is so high he resists qgj buff removal. My qgj is level 65 with Max gear and Max skills
  • Options
    The notification message from CG said they continue to add characters to shipments as new characters added to chromium only. Does this mean a new chromium character(s) are in or coming?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    Nonemo wrote: »

Why buy packs if they all end up in shipments? Unless they plan to release so many characters it'll be worth it.

Paying (big) does not always mean definate win. Paying equals advantage and less time farming. All the good free games do this. I've paid my share but does that mean I think only payers should enjoy Obi, man, but I had fun playing with them before they could. :)
  • Options
    Nerf QGJ now before the nerf beggers get beat by him coz they've never thought of farming these so called OP characters themselves so they can apparently win every battle coz there so unbeatable if u can't beat'em join'em not nerf'em
  • Options
    Just FYI...my Poe just went second and I still won lol

I do not have QGJ, and it seems the AI RNG always rolls in favor of the defender last 15 times it seems. I'm so used to it, either way I push to blow up QGJ before he can buff up the rest of the team instead of TIE. I've had great success with this most of the time. GS is a amazing character I don't believe I would be so successful without him. Now having QGJ as well, it's going to get messy in the upper ranks. I look forward to it.
  • Options
    Is he good on any team or does he need to be paired with certain characters?

thank you
  • moongod
    298 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Fast attacker. +speed to Jedi allies. Attack with +75% bonus assist damage. Ability to remove positive status on enemies with granting offense up to team. Works with any team. LIAM NEESON
  • Options
    As already mentioned, the assist is huge especially when you have a high DPS like TIE or Rey they call. Than giving your whole team offense up for 2 rounds when dispelling Poe's taunt. It's just crazy good, I still can't believe they are giving us access to him. I was preparing to use i86 somewha alternative to QGJ.
  • Jamesokeefe
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So I just pulled shards to get my kit fisto to 6 star now I'm reevaluating my Jedi team
    I have these toons
    Aayla secura 5* lv 49 gear 5
    Obi wan 5* lv 49 gear 4
    Barriss offee 4* lv 49 gear 4
    Lumi 4* lv 49 gear 4
    JC 5* lv 49 gear 4
    Kit fisto 6* lv 47 gear 4
    Ima- Gun Di 4* lv 47 gear 5
    Qui-gon Jin 4* lv 47 gear 4 (close to 5* will be farming him in cantina)

What is the best team I can make with these Jedi? Who should I use as my leader?
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    Options
    I feel they are trying to play us....
    QGJ is too good to give out..