Darth Maul mods ?

hi guys quick questions. Darth maul, absolutly beast only vs Jedi teams. how to make him viable against all teams ? obviously speed is his weakness, so i mod 4 speed and then what ? HP ? Crits ? or just anything with a primary of speed (if im lucky to have)?

and from your expirience, if im playing with Vader, Sidious and Maul, and excluding for now the other 2, the best leader would be ?

Replies

• KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Speed is key, I'm currently running him with a speed set want to change that when I get sufficient speed secondaries on an offense or CD mod set. The second set I run is tenacity only because of speed secondaries, I would say health would be good to boost his turn one potency as well.

Large investments in potency and health are a waste though since after his first AoE he will have around 5k additional health and 15% more potency and it only rises from there.

To me Maul Zeta is probably the best lead in arena for sith (maybe even in general atm). Don't think Sidious has a place in the team though, EP and Vader are nice but you also need a cleanse and dispel (I use b2 and GK for that)
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Speed, his damage is fine and has tons of self healing options and once he he gets going he's a beast but you have to get up that hill and with him being the fifth slowest character in the game it'll be impossible without mods
  • Options
    I gave mine 4 offense mods and 2 potency mods. I have maul zeta and he doesn't need the speed at all. Dodges almost everything and gains 20% tm
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    His base speed is only 100 - so speed set give you only +10 speed . I think Maul dont need HP mod set, because passive + maybe Palpatine lead give next HP and

U dont need to much crit rate i guess - because again passive give +25% . When u are under palp lead , u dont need stack potency.

Solution ? U need crit damage set + crit dmg triangel. Potency cross and Speed arrow. Speed secondary too!

Alternative set maybe offence.

• SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Here's my maul :)

Myuerq1.png

NvHG37n.png

Potency is not an issue with maul because of his unique so you want speed and crit damage. You don't really need crit chance as he has 50% crit chance to start and gets another 25% once the first enemy dies.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Here's my maul :)

Myuerq1.png

NvHG37n.png

Potency is not an issue with maul because of his unique so you want speed and crit damage. You don't really need crit chance as he has 50% crit chance to start and gets another 25% once the first enemy dies.

that's just BEAUTIFUL!
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Gj on that Maul. Isnt speed set too much "expensive" for +10 speed effect ? U can take crit dmg set maybe for next +30% dmg ?
  • Options
    E00N wrote: »
    Gj on that Maul. Isnt speed set too much "expensive" for +10 speed effect ? U can take crit dmg set maybe for next +30% dmg ?

Yea, that's a good argument and I may do that, it just depends on how that would impact his first move against my opponent.
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This.

J5MDTVn.png

How do you imbed a photo on this forum? I'm using my iPhone and have imgur. For some reason I can only get the link to work. Oh well.
    Post edited by Eightys on
  • Options
    Eightys wrote: »
    This.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/MibhZ

How do you imbed a photo on this forum? I'm using my iPhone and have imgur. For some reason I can only get the link to work. Oh well.
    You click copy link in imgur and than hit the doc symbol with an upside down triangle and paste link in the image URL and hit go.
  • Eightys
    210 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Eightys wrote: »
    This.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/MibhZ

You click copy link in imgur and than hit the doc symbol with an upside down triangle and paste link in the image URL and hit go.

I tried that. No idea why it didn't work :(

Edit: tried it again and it worked, weird. Thx for the info man.