What packs are the best??

Im currently a lvl 77 willing to put money into the game but what packs should i buy?

Replies

• Options
    Depends how much you can drop. If you're set on a pack you might as well shoot for the Rogue One pack, as those toons are going to be arena competitive for the foreseeable future, especially once you start doing Zeta abilities.

If not, I'd buy crystals and spread them out with energy refreshes and gear from shipments.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you are willing to spend but can wait, I would only spend money on direct buy packs where you know exactly the price you are paying for exactly what you are getting.

Everything else is a gamble.

The general consensus (I believe), if you are going to spend and buy crystals, use them on energy refreshes and the occasional gear. Don't get too greedy on gear it will suck up your crystals.

Standard ship pack is good to bring you closer to zetas, but still a gamble. Probably the best gable right now because not many people have all the ships. And almost any ship is useful since most ship toons are "common"

If you don't have a lot of ship toon and you want to make a bigger dent in your "investment" the bigger ship pack is not bad. But don't do that one unless you need the toons too.

It's all a gamble and there is nothing worse then spending money to flood the shard shop.
  • Options
    so if i go for the ships pack that would be better the 8x chromium?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Chromium are for whales that don't care about flooding the shard shop.

They can be useful if you don't have a lot of toons but once you start unlocking a fair amount of toons, it loses value quick.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sorry didn't answer your question.

Choice is yours depending on your roster, but I would think so yes. Ship pack over chromium.

If you are thinking chromium then look at the toins in the big ship pack and see if they will be helpful, 2 birds one stone.

But don't be surprised if you are disappointed with the results.
  • Options
    Opinions on the mod packs?
  • Options
    Chromiums aren't worth it unless you spend in the thousands with regularity.

Honestly I would buy crystals and do refreshes and buy gear from shipments when you can. Focus on a solid arena team with gear and mods; that's a sustainable strategy if you consistently place well and frees you up to pretty much buy gear with impunity.
  • Options
    I use the word loosely, but mod packs appear to be the best bang for the buck.

Farming mods takes valuble resources needed to farm the best toons. Combined with the horrible drop rates, the mod packs are the best short cut purchase you can make to improve your roster and save on key resources.
  • Options
    Mod packs in my experience have been heads and shoulders above anything else. For me it's the only thing in this game that's a good deal.
  • Options
    For me Mod packs and Gear packs seem worth while and the 350 crystal data packs for shards or even full toon drops but they are still a gamble. But Crystals are the best bang for the buck as you can do energy refreshes more and it helps with the grind a bit.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Mod packs in my experience have been heads and shoulders above anything else. For me it's the only thing in this game that's a good deal.

Yep, can confirm.

Worth trying your luck on 1-2 packs each tournament and calling it a day.
  • Options
    HQFireBall wrote: »
    Im currently a lvl 77 willing to put money into the game but what packs should i buy?

None. If you buy anything, buy gear and shard's. Packs are severely Over priced and almost NEVER give a good result. I've never seen a good pack or a known someone who would buy them. They are a poor excuse for a gamble.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mod packs are not bad. Again if your not afraid of being disappointed. You will get some good mods but don't expect to find the exact one you are looking for.
  • CUFCfan616
    279 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    No to chromium and the only fleet mega pack I got on an alt account where I got bored, I got 5 shards for 4 toons and 4 ships. 40 shards for 2500 crystals isn't a good trade when that could've gone on renewing energy. If you think you're gonna get close to 100 shards for either toon or ship then you haven't seen the RNG in effect in this game when it comes to dropping anything decent. Those packs that 'might' drop a 4* toon or 100 ship shards, it's a rare occurrence when they actually do that. Most of the time you'll end up with absolute dross (CUP or JKG anyone?) and wonder why you bothered

The Rogue One packs or guaranteed ship packs (like Boba & Slave I) are the 'best' value as you know exactly what you're getting. The downside is, this is an EA game and they're overpriced like hell. There's no way I'm spending $160 (AU$ for the Rogue One pack) on one pack that still only gives you 3/4* toons that aren't farmable, forcing you to buy the packs again and again if you want to star them up. Not when I can buy 2/3 full new PS4 games for the same amount if I shop around for the best prices. But if you have money to burn like it's going out of fashion, that's what the developers want

My advice, buy crystals, the 21 day daily pack, and whatever else you're comfortable with and spend that on energy and the odd bit of gear. Energy will help you level up quicker and all the rewards that come along with extra battles (gear, credits, shards).

Up to you though. Depends how much value you put on this game and depends on whether you're willing to gamble on the small chance you'll drop a toon/ship that you actually want or if you want to know exactly what you're getting.
    In my experience, buyers remorse happens a lot in mobile games
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I would not invest into card packs.
    Start building up your characters and figure out what kind of squad you want. Farm your shards!!
    Invest money into buying high end gear in shipments.
    But for your answer.. no packs are best. They suck and are rip offs. But if you really want to spend money on packs. Just buy the 8 packs that gauranty a full character. Just beware for these to be affective, you will have to spend about 3 vaults on them. Maybe even more..
    Plus you will get a bunch of shards for characters that you will never use, literally. You just won't have the gear, and that's why I suggest buying gear