Unlocking/Activation confusion. Need Help!!

i was explained that all toons unlock at a star level based on how many shards they take to unlock, ie Underworld Police (10) shards thus 1 star and for example Old Daka with 80 shard requirement would unlock at 4 star and IG-88 unlocks as 3 star cause he takes 50 shards to open.

I accepted this reality until I saw a 2 star Bobba Fett and maybe a 1 or 2 star Old Daka which shook my world! I am mentioning this because I opened a Chromium 8 pack the other day and saw a 3 star IG-88 come up, and a 4 star Bobba Fett come up although only a 4 star Datcha was "activated" and useable right away.

Do all characters unlock at 1 star regardless of how many shards it takes? From 1-80?

Does my Chromium pack mean that once I get my 80 shards to unlock Bobba he starts for me at level 4 instead of the default 1 star?

I was told that I should save crystals for energy refills but doesn't unlocking these toons anywhere above Lvl 1 provide a great return? I understand there are a lot off lemons in the packs.

Case and point, I have Count Dooku at 48/50 shards, should I sit on those and buy another 8 pack with the possibility of unlocking him at up to Lvl 4 right or any Lvl above 1 for that matter. Otherwise I grind my last two shards, activate him and I have a 1 star Dooku right?

Thanks for helping me with this before my head explodes, trying to make the best choices with my limited crystals. Cheers all Tox

Replies

• FashionFett
    891 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Toxique wrote: »
    Does my Chromium pack mean that once I get my 80 shards to unlock Bobba he starts for me at level 4 instead of the default 1 star?

Do all characters unlock at 1 star regardless of how many shards it takes? From 1-80?

When you buy Chromium pack(s), you can get either "Shards" (which count toward the #/10. #/25, #/50, #/80 to unlock the hero), or get the "full card" of the hero (which automatically unlocks the hero for you to use immediately). Boba Fett would come out of the "full card" as a 4 star hero. A #/10 hero would come out as a 1 star hero. A #/50 hero would come out as a 3 star hero automatically.
    Toxique wrote: »
    Case and point, I have Count Dooku at 48/50 shards, should I sit on those and buy another 8 pack with the possibility of unlocking him at up to Lvl 4 right or any Lvl above 1 for that matter. Otherwise I grind my last two shards, activate him and I have a 1 star Dooku right?

You can buy another 8 pack Chromium to try to pull more Dooku shards, but that would be inadvisable. When you finish Light Side Missions, you can unlock the HARD missions. On Light Side-HARD-Mission 2, Dooku is a possible drop. You can do 3 tries per day at the cost of 12 energy per try. Dooku is also offered at Dark Side-HARD-Mission 2. If you unlock that, you get 3 more tries per day. Once you reach 50/50 for Dooku, you will be asked if you want to Activate the hero for 100,000 Credits. Once you activate the hero, he/she will be the star he/she is meant for (in Dooku's case, 3 stars).

Good Luck and welcome to the forums. There are also lots of helpful hints in the Guide Section.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Options
    From your posts you are saying that a Bobba Fett unlock for 80 shards will net you a 4 star toon, but how is it possible that I seen several 2 star Bobba Fetts? I"m not sure what I'm missing, also seen sub 3 star Dooku's which doesn't make sense if he unlocks for anyone who grinds the 50 shards that he should unlock al Lvl 3. Thks for being patient!
  • Options
    Your right. I edited my post. A #/80 shard hero when Activated (or pulled a full card) will yield a 4 Star Hero. :)

I'm not fully sure of the reason for 2 star Fetts, but it shouldn't be a problem for you as your pulls will be consistent with what is intended. A 4 star hero if you gather 80 of his/her shards.

I'm not sure about your Dooku question. But once you get #/50 of his shards, you will be able to Activate him as a 3 star hero. :)
  • Options
    Your right. I edited my post. A #/80 shard hero when Activated (or pulled a full card) will yield a 4 Star Hero. :)

I'm not fully sure of the reason for 2 star Fetts, but it shouldn't be a problem for you as your pulls will be consistent with what is intended. A 4 star hero if you gather 80 of his/her shards.

I'm not sure about your Dooku question. But once you get #/50 of his shards, you will be able to Activate him as a 3 star hero. :)

The 2* boba etc are computer generated allies. They aren't real. I asked this question a while back.
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    The 2* boba etc are computer generated allies. They aren't real. I asked this question a while back.

Thanks!