bug? or how do defensive teams get buffed? or/if any??

just had an arena fight where despite being slower speed both the opposing qgj and rey went before my faster toons.
opposing team was led by phasma (no speed boosts) enemy QGJ speed=175 enemy rey speed =171
my team was led by QGJ
his speed 181 + 25 for leader = 206
my aayla speed 151 +25 =176
both my qgj and aayla should have gone before enemy qgj and rey??
even without the leader boost my QGJ is still faster?

theres always been something going on with defensive teams so im pretty sure it aint a bug

does anyone know what buffs defensive teams get in arena?
and ships for that matter ive watched enemy have a full turn of all their ships before i get a single go and they are the same ships same star level with same levelled toons??

Replies

• Options
    There is usually a rational explanation. What was the rest of their team like? Did they have any toons that give tm gain like ST Han? Did phasma use her special and give the rest of the team TM boost?

As for ships, as far as i'm aware it all comes down to the mods on the pilots. The actual stats on the characters don't seem to matter, just the rarity of the mod (i.e a toon who has 6 5-dot mods on them will have the best advantage on their ship when it comes to speed etc).
  • Options
    There is usually a rational explanation. What was the rest of their team like? Did they have any toons that give tm gain like ST Han? Did phasma use her special and give the rest of the team TM boost?

As for ships, as far as i'm aware it all comes down to the mods on the pilots. The actual stats on the characters don't seem to matter, just the rarity of the mod (i.e a toon who has 6 5-dot mods on them will have the best advantage on their ship when it comes to speed etc).

no dude, they webt first
    FIRST
    as in no one else got to go first, no STH let alone did he have a turn nor did i have a turn in which to attack him

no phasma speed boost or speed down on my team, as she hadnt had her turn yet

it was first round the very start of the match, no other turns had gone yet so no turn meter adusts except for leader abilities could have procced yet and enemy team did not have a speed boost leader

enemy QGJ had very first turn of the match despite not having highest speed
    enemy rey had second turn of the match depsite being only 4th fastest

it should have gone my QGJ first then my Aalyla second

• Options
    Then it's impossible. You probably read something wrong. Maybe you accidentally took out some sort of mod or something before the game. AI probably does have an RNG bonus, but doesn't straight up cheat like that
  • Options
    Then it's impossible. You probably read something wrong. Maybe you accidentally took out some sort of mod or something before the game. AI probably does have an RNG bonus, but doesn't straight up cheat like that

no not at all, nothing wrong and nothing changed around etc

no mods were changed (i dont switch mods or anything like that), nothing was changed as i actually looked before i attacked and after that happened i found the team again and double checked as i was sure i was faster and should have gone first (and im sure this has happened many times before and i never looked) in which case i noted the exact stats down (rather than "im sure he only had one seventy something" to be exact as in "he had exactly 175 speed") and the plain black and white of the stats are as follows:
    enemy qgj speed 175
    enemy rey speed 171

my qgj speed 181 (+25L = 206)
    my aayla speed 151 (+25L =176)

enemy team leader = phasma (no speed bonus) (full enemy team phasma (L), qgj, rey, royal guard, lumi
    my team leader = qui gon jin (+25 speed)

nothing has/was/is/anything changed, these are exact stats, exact
    and this is exactly what i am asking does the defensive ai get any sort of buff/rng bonus/anything?
    and if so do we know what??
  • Options
    The only commonly excepted buff they get is acuracy and evasion, they do not get a speed boost, I have gone into a battle TFP VsTFP and I had 1 more speed and I went first