Daka viable in pvp?

i was thinking of doing
lead: phasma
dooku
daka
geo soldier
poggle

but i feel like it lacked survivability as well as offense... and counted more on stuns and bonus attacks

so is daka good enough at stunning and reviving in pvp? or should i replace her? or should i replace someone else?

Replies

• Options
    It seems that when paired with Phasma she get called into assist often and she does stun a lot. Revive is not reliable but sometimes many will target the old witch 1st so not to risk her reviving fallen heroes. Dooku/Daka are low health. Both are annoying but neither hit hard and do relie on stuns. You will get stuns but you only really have Geo for firepower you can count on. If your abilities not hitting your team is screwed. Against AI I never want to relie on luck too much.
  • Options
    It seems that when paired with Phasma she get called into assist often and she does stun a lot. Revive is not reliable but sometimes many will target the old witch 1st so not to risk her reviving fallen heroes. Dooku/Daka are low health. Both are annoying but neither hit hard and do relie on stuns. You will get stuns but you only really have Geo for firepower you can count on. If your abilities not hitting your team is screwed. Against AI I never want to relie on luck too much.

what if i kept lumimara instead of daka? she doesnt really benefit with the bonus attacks though because her basic attack is just damage
  • Options
    Lum through GW shipments is much easier to level up as Cantina Shipments are becoming much more valuable with better group of Heroes.
    Lum better heal and will even heal a bit at start of each turn after you use her heal. Her Force special is powerful and has much better health.

You just do not have enough power to win consistently enough in arena without using reloads. As I said only GS gives you high damage. You will need Daka for sure in Darkside levels to heal and I do like her even in arena but you gotta use a tank or have more heavy hitters
  • Options
    Lum through GW shipments is much easier to level up as Cantina Shipments are becoming much more valuable with better group of Heroes.
    Lum better heal and will even heal a bit at start of each turn after you use her heal. Her Force special is powerful and has much better health.

You just do not have enough power to win consistently enough in arena without using reloads. As I said only GS gives you high damage. You will need Daka for sure in Darkside levels to heal and I do like her even in arena but you gotta use a tank or have more heavy hitters

my team is actually
    lead: sidious
    poe
    poggle
    lumi
    geo soldier

at the moment and im doing pretty well in the arena

i feel that sidious's leader bonus is kind of overated because i crit almost just as much with phasma lead.

since im trying to build my team around phasma, i thought dooku and daka would be good choices
  • Options
    Yeah but Sid adds crit hit bonus too not just add chance. Still Phasma is a tough opponent when she is leader. If you use that lineup Poggle is odd man out since you are not benefiting from O up as much with low hitters.
  • Options
    My team(1st place lazt two days on my server)
    Phasma max gear 6* as leader. I feel that phasma is far and away best leader due to both offense and defenses.
    Kylo ren max gear 6* awesome hp, counter, high dmg ability. Kylo ren isfirst order which is a bonus on this team.
    Sid max gear 6* i use for healing immune, maybe better option here but he is a necessary 7* character so i use him in this team
    Daka max gear 6* awesome stun, great speed, mediocre but effective heal...with phasma team she shines.
    Luminara max gear 7* strong high damage, very powerful heal. I would rather use QGJ but he is 16/25 and inactive:).

Daka is 60 shards from 7* so i am going to get QGJ activated, then 7* daka and begin work on QGJ. Ibegan getting shards fordaka because she is dark side healer, but i have found her quite useful all around. The lucky revive can be timesavingon GW, i seem to do very well in arena with her...daka should be used on teams who have high rate of assists. Her quick stun is good to disable every character besides dooku/sid/+speed leader buff characters before their 1st attack. Her heals are weak.

Id get QGJ b4 daka. But daka is veryviable i come in 1st place past 2days and also have noticex other phasma leader with daka teams on my server.

Good luck
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    i was thinking of doing
    lead: phasma
    dooku
    daka
    geo soldier
    poggle

but i feel like it lacked survivability as well as offense... and counted more on stuns and bonus attacks

so is daka good enough at stunning and reviving in pvp? or should i replace her? or should i replace someone else?

I think you have too many Support characters
  • Options
    I use her. With poggle she doesn't hit so bad and the stun is nice. Her reviving has completely turned around battles for me and I'm sure it has on defence as well.
  • Options
    Honestly her and Lumi together just is not that good. I've seen it in the arena on the occasions I test a new combo out and leave it for a day and drop into the 50-60 range I've seen it on my way up. The only thing I notice though is that WHEN she does revive Lumi seems to always go next and always have her heal. Of the times I saw both together AND Daka revived 3/3 times Lumi went next and healed. Did the outcome change? Only if you consider having to attack and extra time or two changed.

I only use Phsma as a lead in GW. I have terrible luck with her assist proc, despite it being leveled, plus I run a faster crit team so put Sid in. Though I do notice, as stated above, that when it does call assist Daka is called more often than most, and when called her double stun seems to hit more often than normal.

Now my above may be called assumption, speculation, however my fun in this game is not derived from landing #1 every day. I had my time there, moved on, now I'm happy top 20, or top 10. My fun is testing new builds, testing the meta build/s to find their weakness, and observing synergies, so I actually take notes on things. Who clicks with Phasma has been one thing I've watched very close since I decided I will not put her in PVP due to her speed until I 7* here, which will be in the next week. I tend not to give advice on what I think, but only on what I've observed with regularity/consistency or what I've tested. I refresh PVP a couple times a day just to go at teams I know I'm likely to lose too and to test out ideas.

Hope it helps. Cheers
  • Options
    I finished first yesterday on my hard launch server with a Phasma led Daka, Sid, Lumi and Kylo team. All 7* (except Kylo who is only waiting on the credits to promote)
    I'm consistently top 5 and almost never out of the top 10.

She is viable in Arena, excellent in GW and she's a necessity for DS PvE. In the appropriate team.

Honestly though, I don't see her fitting in well with your squad.
    Why aren't you running Sid as leader for the crit bonus stacked on Poggle's buff and Geo's high dps?
    Dooku is annoying but does little damage and his stun is only reliable against Jedi. Judging from your squad, you're F2P which is fine but it likely means your Dooku is low *.
    Daka is a good toon but only in the right setting, her heal is not a primary like Lumi and is really only good in a pinch. You can't count on the revive but it's nice when it happens. I have her at level 6 ability on that skill and it gives 35% chance of revive.

r0tdea.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I finished first yesterday on my hard launch server with a Phasma led Daka, Sid, Lumi and Kylo team. All 7* (except Kylo who is only waiting on the credits to promote)
    I'm consistently top 5 and almost never out of the top 10.

She is viable in Arena, excellent in GW and she's a necessity for DS PvE. In the appropriate team.

Honestly though, I don't see her fitting in well with your squad.
    Why aren't you running Sid as leader for the crit bonus stacked on Poggle's buff and Geo's high dps?
    Dooku is annoying but does little damage and his stun is only reliable against Jedi. Judging from your squad, you're F2P which is fine but it likely means your Dooku is low *.
    Daka is a good toon but only in the right setting, her heal is not a primary like Lumi and is really only good in a pinch. You can't count on the revive but it's nice when it happens. I have her at level 6 ability on that skill and it gives 35% chance of revive.

r0tdea.png

would dooku do low damage at 7 star?

because he will soon be farmable and with poggle's buff he would be doing more damage as well as having a higher chance to call an assist because of phasma lead

also i am currently running sid lead but im really not sure if sid's leadership is as usefull as phasma's...

i crit almost just as much with phasma lead and yes phasma crits do less damage but her leadership allows bonus attacks which creates huge burst damage
  • Options
    I also run phasma daka Sid lumi Kylo and it is a good cookie cutter lineup I am consistently top 10. That said it will get weaker over time on my server as more synergies lineups become more popular. Daka at 6 stars stops being squishy and she can't be left alone, she will shine even more in lineups with characters that can't be left alone.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    She served me well for a while but once the cap was raised she had to go. She does seem to be called on by phasmas assist but once your server reaches over 22k power you will feel compelled to replace her. Lumni takes her place, however as more 7* Dookus are used Daka could be more effective. Ewok elder will eventually replace them both imspeculation