Chances we get an update this week?

Prev1
Serya
334 posts Member
I had wanted to hear about some changes to the tournaments to help cut down on the cheating. I really want to go all in for Jyn but might hold back if there are not changes made before the start of the tournament.

I was also looking forward to information about other Rouge One characters and when some of the existing characters will be made farmable. There are a lot of characters in limbo now, they cannot even be purchased in packs.

Replies

• Options
    I think there's a 97.6% chance of failure
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • UltimaRatio84
    124 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    don't get your hopes up, we hardly ever get a heads-up about upcoming changes in terms of farmability. I would also be surprised to see immediate changes to the tournament system right after the holidays, so I'd totally not go all in for Jyn... Save your AP for when you get a fair return for them...

• Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options

Well played!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder how many will not get that reference in a year or so since it was only in the previews.
  • Options
    All I know is that I'm done collecting carbantis and stun guns from the store, so I ain't gotta worry about them making it harder for me to finish GK with an update that rotates them out. :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options
    1%
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Technically we did get an update on 1/9 but that didn't contain any information about what we can expect or what is being worked on.

So what are the chances we get a good informational update today?

Top of my list is:
    • Whats the deal with tournaments? Are we done with them? Are they being fixed?
    • What is the plan for Rouge One Characters that cannot be obtained anywhere in the game but we paid $100 to unlock?
    • An updated schedule of events.
  • Options
    They have already said that there won't be more updates before the assault event, but I think that telling us something after weeks of complete silence is not very difficult. One of the biggest problema of this game, the lack of communication.
  • TorShezada
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'd like to see some Empire Rogue one characters being mentioned for future inclusion actually Deathtrooper and Krennic would be great - there's been plenty of rebels - please nicely.
    Post edited by TorShezada on
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • Options
    TorShezada wrote: »
    I'd like to see some Empire Rogue one characters actually Deathtrooper and Krennic would be great - there's been plenty of rebels - please nicely

Sorry, but I really cannot get it - why so many people wants Krennic. IMO this guy is biggest failure of Empire history. His incompetence allowed rebels to stole plans of Death Stars. I can understand to want Vader, Palpi or even Tarkin, but Krennic...
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    pargame wrote: »
    I'd like to see some Empire Rogue one characters actually Deathtrooper and Krennic would be great - there's been plenty of rebels - please nicely

Sorry, but I really cannot get it - why so many people wants Krennic. IMO this guy is biggest failure of Empire history. His incompetence allowed rebels to stole plans of Death Stars. I can understand to want Vader, Palpi or even Tarkin, but Krennic...

This. He should have been in the game instead of the unnecessary Scarif rebel Pathfinder...... But not now!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Soon/august = chances....
  • Options
    The same as the one we have on getting Baze in chromiums or the millenium falcon.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Though true, he's also a named Imperial who survived an encounter with Vader when Vader was "most displeased with [their] apparent lack of progress". The only other Imperial who survived that was Admiral Piett (well, you could count Declann from Return of the Jedi's opening scene but Vader was only relaying a message from the Emperor in that instance and was probably told not to kill him). Ozzel died at Vader's hands as did Captain Needa and the Imperial Officer whom Vader Force-chokes on the Death Star only lived because Tarkin told Vader to release him. That puts Krennic in pretty rare company.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    There will be no game update, per capgasp. I should think we would get a general community update from Jesse/Kozi, but since they stopped doing those a while ago I don't have my hopes up.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    The same as the one we have on getting Baze in chromiums or the millenium falcon.

G4NDQWC.png
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    There will be no game update, per capgasp. I should think we would get a general community update from Jesse/Kozi, but since they stopped doing those a while ago I don't have my hopes up.

Technically he said no January update before the Assault Battle event.
  • Options
    about the same chance that they make chirrut farmable this week
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    rgordonch wrote: »
    They have already said that there won't be more updates before the assault event, but I think that telling us something after weeks of complete silence is not very difficult. One of the biggest problema of this game, the lack of communication.
    StarSon wrote: »

I am pretty sure the OP is talking about the community update, where they tell is what new stuff may be coming later. This occasionally happen once a week.
  • Options
    I think there is just a lot of anticipation with the fate of tournies, maybe new characters/ships. The game being a year plus old now. Most hoping for more of a balance between empire and Rebels. It's totally understandable thinking we would get one or would be looking for one this week. I enjoy reading about all the updates whether it's community or game update. Maybe we ll get one on Tuesday.
  • Options
    How about next week? Since nothing happened this week. One of the YouTubers said they went back to work yesterday.
  • Options
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I just want furnaces in shipments. That's all.
  • Options
    I'm not so sure how excited I could get about Krennic. He's just a lame punk in my view. If he comes to the game, I just can't imagine any justification for him to be good.

Deathtrooper could at least have a cool factor so maybe he could be good if introduced to the game?

We need a quality update and SCHEDULE of things to come like we were given in December.
  • Options
    Why so lame in letting us have the new toons?. I see no logic behind it. We're not asking you to give them to us for free.
  • Options
    Chaac_Maul wrote: »
    How about next week? Since nothing happened this week. One of the YouTubers said they went back to work yesterday.

So they got a 3 week Christmas vacation??

I guess it's no big deal when this game nets $115,000 everyday...
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Spardog713 wrote: »

We don't know what it nets, but that is just from iOS. Android brings in more.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Spardog713 wrote: »

No, they probably just didn't plan on putting things out right after the break because they would have had to be almost done before the break.....

Most likely end of Jan and February will be a big thing, it's end of financial quarter and end of year. Hope for big things (not sure what to expect)
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

He was the only competent officer on Scarif, and when his troops weren't able to stop Jyn and Cassian he went out to to shoot them himself unlike 90% of the other imperial officers in the OT. (He also built the Death Star)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I'm not so sure how excited I could get about Krennic. He's just a lame punk in my view. If he comes to the game, I just can't imagine any justification for him to be good.

Along with this:

He was the only competent officer on Scarif, and when his troops weren't able to stop Jyn and Cassian he went out to to shoot them himself unlike 90% of the other imperial officers in the OT. (He also built the Death Star)

Read the new book Catalyst. Give more background into those rogue one characters.