Boba's Death From Above only ability blocking for one turn?

Has anyone else had this issue?

With an omega on his special or is supposed to ability block target enemy for two turns.

It sometimes gets resisted which is cool but I have had numerous times where the target is only blocked for 1 turn.
Most notably with Biggs because that's who I normally hit with it.

It is not a simple case of him gaining TM so quickly that I don't realize two turns have already gone by either.

I hit him, he shoots once and then ability block is gone. My Lando AOE's and then Wiggs goes and someone dies.

When the ability block sticks for two turns, I can almost always take out Wedge before their infamous Assist attack.

However, I have also had it a couple of times with Lando. He is another character where the difference between him using his special twice can make or break an arena match...

Replies

• Options
    I noticed this. I think what's happening is that the target is resisting one of the 2 turns. If not, then it's definitely bugged.
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options
    It's bugged which stinks.
  • Options
    Boba's death from above can inflict ability block in two ways -- on the aoe for one turn, and on the selected target for two turns. So theoretically, depending on how it is coded, you can resist the selected target two turn but not the aoe one turn. If that's the case, then what you're seeing is the aoe portion applying the ability block and the two turn being resisted. Alternatively, this is coded like teebo's stealth and is bugged.
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    Boba's death from above can inflict ability block in two ways -- on the aoe for one turn, and on the selected target for two turns. So theoretically, depending on how it is coded, you can resist the selected target two turn but not the aoe one turn. If that's the case, then what you're seeing is the aoe portion applying the ability block and the two turn being resisted. Alternatively, this is coded like teebo's stealth and is bugged.

It looks like the 1 turn tries to apply before the 2 turn one so the 2 turn should overwrite the 2 turn one if they both go.

You are probably right that the one turn applies but 2 turn one gets resisted.

• Options
    I actually reported this a month ago and received this response from CG:

"In regards to Boba Fett's "Death from Above" ability not inflicting Ability Block on the Primary Target, this is because the attack can still be Dodged, and in regards to the Ability Block duration, it does last for 2 turns (as in the next 2 attacks that unit will have, it will be unable to use any special abilities)."

I do not agree with this, and still see it lasting only one turn on many occasions.
    The justification seems to be that the main target resists or dodges the main attack but is hit with the AoE and therefore is only affected for one turn.

Personally this is not how I believe the character is described. I agree...Bugged.
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    IrishMilan wrote: »

"In regards to Boba Fett's "Death from Above" ability not inflicting Ability Block on the Primary Target, this is because the attack can still be Dodged, and in regards to the Ability Block duration, it does last for 2 turns (as in the next 2 attacks that unit will have, it will be unable to use any special abilities)."

I do not agree with this, and still see it lasting only one turn on many occasions.
    The justification seems to be that the main target resists or dodges the main attack but is hit with the AoE and therefore is only affected for one turn.

Personally this is not how I believe the character is described. I agree...Bugged.

more explanation as to what is happening.

The main target has the chance of getting essential 2 debuffs applied to them. This is the way the mechanics work.
    80% chance of 1 turn ability block
    100% chance of 2 turn ability block.

Both have their own tenacity vs potency check just like any other character that can apply multiple debuffs on one attack.

Similar thing happens with tfp AoE. You can land bi but have ability block resisted or vice versa. With Boba it just happens to be both debuffs are ability block.

I honestly would not expect them to in any way change this because of what seems like the limitions in the coding for the way the mechanics seem to work.... Might want to consider this the new teebo lead stealth bug.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

The main target has the chance of getting essential 2 debuffs applied to them. This is the way the mechanics work.

Both have their own tenacity vs potency check just like any other character that can apply multiple debuffs on one attack.

Similar thing happens with tfp AoE. You can land bi but have ability block resisted or vice versa. With Boba it just happens to be both debuffs are ability block.

I honestly would not expect them to in any way change this because of what seems like the limitions in the coding for the way the mechanics seem to work.... Might want to consider this the new teebo lead stealth bug.
    If that's how the mechanics work, that's fine. But it would be nice to know how many turns that toon is ability blocked for. I don't know how many times I've left a blocked toon assuming they'd be blocked for a second turn only for them to use a debilitating special move when I could have prevented it. Perhaps they should differentiate the icons so that we know which has been applied.
  • Options
    They could have the block have 2 icons instead of 1, like how jka gets those exposes.
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

If that's how the mechanics work, that's fine. But it would be nice to know how many turns that toon is ability blocked for. I don't know how many times I've left a blocked toon assuming they'd be blocked for a second turn only for them to use a debilitating special move when I could have prevented it. Perhaps they should differentiate the icons so that we know which has been applied.

Yes that would be nice! Or if you click the debuffs they should show turns remaining.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    The 100% for 2 turns got resisted.
    But it still blocked him for 1 turn due to the 80% chance. I do agree that it would be nice to see how many turns it's blocked for.